BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rank the albums!, Give each girl and the group their own ranking.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Lukuzz
post 30th December 2020, 06:55 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Dec 30 2020, 11:29 AM) *
Swap Version of me and Reason and ours are the same wub.gif

Taste haha.

Them 2 were close tbf
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th December 2020, 08:57 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Lukuzz @ Dec 30 2020, 06:55 PM) *
Taste haha.

Them 2 were close tbf

Same here for me Version is more consistent but Reason has better songs (with lower lows). Anymore is the best track on both albums though.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th May 2021, 01:44 PM
Post #23
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I keep meaning to relisten to all the albums to have a fresh perspective, because there's some of these I haven't heard for years... but for now, I'll rank them all based on my memories of how I felt about them (apart from Spice Girls and Emma which I've heard much more recently):

Spice Girls:
1 Spiceworld
2 Spice
3 Forever

^ I would regard the Top 2 as flawless pop albums and amongst my favourite of all time. I have a lot of love for Forever too.

Melanie C
1 Northern Star (Very varied sonically, but strong throughout - to me, it's a classic!)
2 Melanie C (As an overall body of work, I think this is one of her most enjoyable and easiest albums to listen to from start to finish - it's so nice to hear her embracing her pop side)
3 Beautiful Intentions (I played this sooo much in 2005 and I have good memories of it. Most of the songs are great, very angsty - the greatest crime of this era is that the singles didn't really reflect the album - a pity she didn't push this era further)
4 The Sea (Some of you may be surprised by what I'm about to admit, but I think this is probably my least listened to Melanie C album [apart from Stages which I've never heard]... this is not because I dislike it, but I think back in 2011, so many other artists were attracting my attention in 2011, to the extent that Melanie C suffered a bit and I didn't go back for many listens. Nevertheless, I still place it this high up my rank, and I really should give it more of my attention, retrospectively)
5 This Time (This really gets a hard time, but I think it's a pleasant listen - even if some songs are a bit Melanie C by numbers)
6 Reason (Again this gets a harder time than I think it deserves. It is a bit bland in places, and one or two songs were misfires for sure... but there's some nice production moments and great vocals. The addition of some of the B Sides from this era instead of particular tracks would elevate it, and probably make me push this album up a place or two)
7 Version Of Me (Hmm, now that we're a few years on from this album, I can admit to myself I think it's a bit patchy... as a whole it didn't live up to what Anymore promised the album might be. I certainly listened to it a lot in 2016/17 to prepare myself for the tour, but since then I've rarely gone back to it)
x Stages (As I mentioned above, I haven't actually heard this)

Emma
1 Free Me
2 Life In Mono
3 A Girl Like Me
4 My Happy Place

^ Free Me was a lightning in a bottle moment for Emma, it's fantastic. Life in Mono has glimmers of excellence, but it's not as strong. A Girl Like Me is cute and pleasant listening. My Happy Place has its moments, but it's far behind her other albums.

Geri
1 Schizophonic
2 Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
3 Passion
x Man On The Mountain (leaked album) [I only listened to this once or twice, in 2016. I don't really recall how I feel about it. Plus I kind of feel like I never want to hear it again because I associate it with a horrible person and I can't seem to detach myself from that association tearsmile.gif Same goes for Song for Her, not heard that for years]

^ Schizophonic, for me, is a terrific debut and so very "Geri" - love it. Scream, I haven't heard it for a long time but my impression at the time was that it was a little middle of the road and less exciting than the debut. Passion is a mish mash... mostly not my cup of tea.

Melanie B
1 Hot
2 LA State Of Mind

^ Hot showed promise but a few tracks are too fillery and didn't seem to suit Mel as an artist. LA State of Mind suffers from cheap production, some of it is pleasant!

Not really sure how to rank Victoria - I never ever regarded 'Open Your Eyes' as an album, just as leaked demos. It just doesn't feel like a complete project to me, so I find it hard to compare it to her debut... which I think is definitely a product of its time, it's okay. Like That, I Wish and I.O.U were very strong, I think.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:52 PM