BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Will Young quits music, He says his pop career is behind him now...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
sajjadali
post Dec 25 2017, 06:00 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100
Many may say he isn't relevant in 2017 anymore....but lets not forget this is an artist who has had 4 No.1 singles & 4 No.1 albums. Every single studio album has charted at either No.1/2 and his most recent '85% Proof' went to No.1 and whilst fell short of going gold (100k) he still has a decent following that would let him carry on releasing more music.

Will was with Sony Music for many years, moved to Island under Universal records and then didn't sell enough despite 4 singles released from the album and therefore was quietly dropped I would presume. He released a Summer covers EP under Pledge Music which said it all really...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/bizar...st-in-cornwall/

I know no one has the right to demand anything, as a fan he's given us a decade of his life and 6 studio albums. I like them all....
He hasn't made a bad studio album for me From Now On (10), Friday's Child (10), Keep On (10), Let It Go (9), Echoes (9), 85% Proof (9).

Personally, I'm a huge fan from 2002...and I have every album, single, book, DVD etc...and I can honestly say I have no interest in anything that isn't music from him...I may be in a minority....
sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post Dec 25 2017, 08:54 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Fridays Chukd was an amazing album .

+Quote this post
ros
post Dec 25 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
Don’t believe everything that *****le Dan Wootton writes sajjadali. He’s not said he’s quitting music anyway, its the pop industry he’s not enamoured with any more which is understandable.

He’s following his various interests, and music is involved -just completed another successful tour of Cabaret, will be in the West End appearing in Strictly Ballroom from March 2018, doing more of his podcast with Chris Sweeney Homo Sapiens. That’s just what we know about.

I’ve just listened to him do an hour show on BBC radio 4 and was at the recording last week which was great - and he sang!

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post Dec 25 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(ros @ Dec 25 2017, 09:21 AM) *
Don’t believe everything that *****le Dan Wootton writes sajjadali. He’s not said he’s quitting music anyway, its the pop industry he’s not enamoured with any more which is understandable.

He’s following his various interests, and music is involved -just completed another successful tour of Cabaret, will be in the West End appearing in Strictly Ballroom from March 2018, doing more of his podcast with Chris Sweeney Homo Sapiens. That’s just what we know about.

I’ve just listened to him do an hour show on BBC radio 4 and was at the recording last week which was great - and he sang!

I know Dan talks nonsense! tongue.gif mad.gif

I thought pop music and music were the same thing!!!? I want a new studio album! sleep.gif But not interested at all none in his acting, west end or pod casts interest me...sad.gif
But in another interview I saw there were direct quotes from Will that say he's put the pop music/writing on hold for now and he wasn't sure if he'd even go back to it...and that it didn't make him happy anymore and he wanted to do other things.

This post has been edited by sajjadali: Dec 25 2017, 03:11 PM

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Dec 25 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
85% proof was his best album too. I’m hopeful he might return one day. The newspaper article doesn’t say he is quitting for good - it just says he is taking a long break and might or might not return. Most pop stars take breaks particularly after a difficult period in their lives and there has been talk about him struggling with his mental health. Good luck to him as he’s very talented!

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Dec 25 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Poor us

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Dec 25 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I hope he doesn’t give up as he is a wonderful pop star easily one of the best male pop stars wub.gif

I genuinely love every one of his albums, have seen him 3 times on tour and seen Cabaret twice, he has always impressed me!

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post Dec 26 2017, 03:46 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Dec 25 2017, 03:27 PM) *
85% proof was his best album too. I’m hopeful he might return one day. The newspaper article doesn’t say he is quitting for good - it just says he is taking a long break and might or might not return. Most pop stars take breaks particularly after a difficult period in their lives and there has been talk about him struggling with his mental health. Good luck to him as he’s very talented!

I mean Lily Allen quit and came back right? Charlotte Church..The thing is when you eventually come back you are no longer relevant and the general public besides fans aren't interested and a previous elongated break has already lost him fans from 'Echoes' 2012, to 85% Proof 2015. Three years between albums is too much. 1-2 years at most, in the music biz sadly if you are away too long the music buyers and radio stations move on...

I thought he always said in interviews though music was his first love and i know you can do that in many forms but for me a studio album is music. He always said he loved writing etc.

I have little or no interest in all his other activities, got to be honest.

I like Will alot, but you have to admit even as a fan that he left Sony after many years then moved to Universal Island and then 85% Proof struggled to go even gold (sold around 80k-90k) despite 4 singles. He released his Summer covers EP without a label. That normally tells me that he is now without a label and maybe he doesn't want to self-fund. He can hardly go back to Sony...I know there's many labels who will take him in a instant but i wondered if this had something to do with it? It's timed perfectly..

This post has been edited by sajjadali: Dec 26 2017, 03:48 AM

+Quote this post
ros
post Dec 26 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
I think you should change the title of this thread sajjadali, he's not quit music!

Music is not just pop, and as I said earlier, he's not even said he's quit pop music, just that he's taking an extended break.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:37 PM