BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, Generation 9: Out November 2022
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post 3rd August 2022, 02:49 PM
Post #21
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

+ the full Pokémon Presents with some more info

• seems to be more of an open ended experience and you can challenge the gyms in any order?
• Paldean Wooper *.* Fidough wub.gif wub.gif
• interesting new gimmick thinking.gif it’s basically dynamax but smaller + balloon Pikachu is back!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 3rd August 2022, 05:20 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Excite! Even tho it was mostly cut scene footage and not a lot of gameplay.
I wish they would have just kept Mega Evolutions as the standard. Make us hunt for their Mega Stones, adds so many more layers to the game.

The Pseudo-Legendaries (I’m assuming) look a bit too sleek, the new Biking is a bit much laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 3rd August 2022, 08:32 PM
Post #23
Group icon

i kinda like that we're getting the new legendaries pretty early on actually, and they just function similarly to the flute Pokemon in Legends Arceus smile.gif that was always one of my favorite parts of the game

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 21st August 2022, 11:28 AM
Post #24
Group icon
User: 13,007

Not sure the best place to put this, but I'm restarting my Polemon card collection! I've got 1-150 base set/fossil/jungle complete collections which goes for about Ł2000(!) so I'm now on Gen 2 and ready to splurge again.

(If anyone has any cards they are looking to sell, dm me!)

((Super excited for a new generation too ofc!))

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 6th October 2022, 03:39 PM
Post #25
Group icon

We got a TM crafter! Also Girafarig gets an evolution!

Picnics and sandwiches replace Pokémon Camp and curry respectively, kinda basic but we get to make our own tapas which is great tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 6th October 2022, 04:02 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Overworld Battles - AMAZING! No more cut scenes everytime you interact with a Pokémon.

Tera Type, colour me intrigued! Let’s Go Command, I love this!

Team Star, yaas. Way better than whatever we got last game (Team Yell?)

TM Crafting, yes please. This will be a delight with the Tera Types. Can’t wait to make my Pokémon a sandwich (?).

Raid Battles…. I wasn’t impressed with this in Sword/Shield. Took way too long, and everyone’s Pokémon if you weren’t playing online we’re so useless.

Good trailer, but I need them to release more details on the games (Pokémon Variations between games) so I can actually decide WHICH game I want.

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post 6th October 2022, 07:11 PM
Post #27
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795

Farigirafarigirafarig is another amusing design. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 7th October 2022, 12:53 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

It all looks good so far, I'm just unsure about the 3 "paths" storyline, part of me feels like it's going to be 3 under-baked parts rather than a fully great experience of a game. They seem to be taking bits of Legends Arceus and SwSh and hoping they work, and some of it looks good (the actual overworld exploration being Arceus inspired) and some of it doesn't excite me much (the Raid Battles again and the Sandwich/picnic stuff which just seems meh). They've not really shown that much which is fine but my cynical side is like "what are they hiding", there's really great stuff in the leaks we've had that they haven't even touched upon but maybe they want to leave stuff for when the game comes out which is cool.

I loooove the Girafarig evo, hopefully it's good in competitive as I like the design and concept and would love to use it. Both abilities it has are very cool.

The Raid Battles just don't feel right, like it was a cool idea with the Dynamax Pokemon, it felt more epic that you were fighting a giant Pokemon, particularly when you did online co-op, the less said about the CPU NPCs the better. This is just "let's beat up a Chansey with a silly hat on".

The actual idea of the Tera Types is interesting, I like that the gym leaders are using it too it seems with the grass gym being shown using it already. It will definitely be interesting in competitive, depending on how the mechanics work fully.

I think even though my doubts for Legends Arceus were disproven by the game being really fresh and exciting, I always expect Pokemon to not live up to expectations. It's always a weird feeling leading up to Pokemon games where I'm unbelievably excited but partly ready to be let down laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 8th October 2022, 02:44 PM
Post #29
Group icon
User: 13,007

The Girafarig evolution looks insane, I love it! Hype continues growing for this gen <3

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 21st October 2022, 01:45 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Some great details here, good oversight on a lot of the mechanics, and confirmation of Overworld *shiny* Pokémon!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 22nd October 2022, 11:42 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

I watched that and it STILL isn't enticing me to want to buy it ugh

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 1st November 2022, 03:25 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

My interest is definitely peaked this gen, especially compared to SwSh with all the leaks we had, and it ending up to be quite a half baked game.

A lot has been kept under wraps this gen, we really only have insight to the mechanics of the game, but very little on everything else. We don’t even have the starters evolutions with 17 days to go.

For me, I’m just waiting on game Pokémon variants before making a decision. But I can’t wait to play.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th November 2022, 02:39 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

WARNING: it is recommended to play this video on Mute.
Final trailer for Scarlet and Violet!

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 8th November 2022, 02:53 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th November 2022, 10:47 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

We have the leaks, so all the new Pokémon are out there!! It’s made my starter choice firmly Sprigattito!

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 10th November 2022, 11:20 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030

I’m leaning towards the fire starter now. Some cool looking designs so far that’ll be interesting to see how they look in game.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th November 2022, 02:36 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

You know what this Gen is for the gays bc some of these queens are SERVING

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 10th November 2022, 04:55 PM
Post #37
Group icon

lol I'm probably going for Sprigatito just bc I'll already have a Fire type in Houndoom cheer.gif

from the trailer I see that Donphan gets two new forms, so I'm wondering if that's the case for others?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th November 2022, 02:16 AM
Post #38
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

There’s so many weird changes that are kinda huge, competitive this gen is about to be interesting but I’m cautiously optimistic it will be more open. Either that or it will be dominated by a few broken gen 9 mons.

Pretty much all stats etc have leaked now and they’ve done my new fave so dirty already 😭

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 16th November 2022, 08:09 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Happy Scarlet/Violet Eve to everyone - I think ever since Nintendo started releasing the games Digitally all at once, I've stayed up almost every release day and played for a few hours. I'm lucky I don't need to stay up too late - 10PM release for me tomorrow night!

I've been watching some light playing on Twitch and I've taken a look at the list of Returning Pokemon and starting to think about my team. I was surprised NOT to see the Togepi line return this game, but of course we get Charmander.

Leaning towards a Salazzle, Elektross, Lucario, Garchomp, Luxray, Azumarill team, but I've played with all of these Pokemon various times - I may do an entire team of New Pokemon which I haven't paid too much attention to at this point.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th November 2022, 02:11 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

This kinda runs ROUGH, I haven’t had any major issues but there’s a lot of little pop in errors, weirdly animated NPCs etc… It’s worst when you’re running or on Miraidon and an NPC is moving laugh.gif Fun so far but that is a glaring issue, even if it’s not like a huge game breaking thing, it happens in lots of little waves and it is bothering me a tad.

And that’s both in docked and handheld, I’d say it’s abetter and less frequent in handheld mode though.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:34 PM