BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 30th August 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post 30th August 2019, 04:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Good afternoon people, it's Friday and thus time to check out what's happening on my personal top 20 this week. Can Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello stay at number one for a fourth week this week? Maybe a new entry from Craig David or Lighthouse Family? Here's where we find out...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 30th August 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (1) MARK RONSON FEAT. CAMILA CABELLO - Find U Again
2. (2) KATY PERRY - Small Talk
3. (3) SHAWN MENDES FEAT. CAMILA CABELLO - Senőrita
4. (4) PAIGE CAVELL - Figure It Out
5. (HNE) CRAIG DAVID - Do You Miss Me Much
6. (5) CALL ME LOOP - Self Love
7. (6) HIMESH PATEL - Yesterday
8. (7) OSCAR SCHELLER FEAT. LILY ALLEN - 1%
9. (8) OLLY MURS - Talking To Yourself / That Girl (Remix)
10. (NE) LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY - Blue Sky In Your Head

11. (9) LÉON - Falling
12. (NE) LOUIS YORK - Don't You Forget
13. (10) NATASHA BEDINGFIELD - Kick It
14. (11) RAK-SU - Rotate (Clockwise)
15. (12) P!NK - Can We Pretend
16. (13) MABEL - Mad Love
17. (NE) JAMIE CULLUM - Drink
18. (14) JP COOPER FEAT. ASTRID S - Sing It With Me
19. (15) ED SHEERAN FEAT. KHALID - Beautiful People
20. (NE) BBMAK - So Far Away

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

The chart seems to be having one of its periodic slow moments of late. With only two of this week's five new entries making the top 10 and last week's top 4 remaining static, it leaves the way clear for Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello to spend a third week at number one with 'Find U Again', making it the fourth record to break that barrier this year along with Himesh Patel's 'Yesterday', Jonas Brothers' 'Sucker' and Mark's own 'Late Night Feelings' with Lykke Li.

The good news for Craig David is that he has the week's highest new entry. The only surprise is that he isn't a bit further up, as 'Do You Miss Me Much' enters at #5. It at least extends his total run of top 10 hits to 24, following on from the #2 success of 'When You Know What Love Is' back in June. He is now just one single away from equalling the first run of eleven consecutive top 10 hits he scored between 1999 and 2003.

The comeback of Lighthouse Family goes from strength to strength this week, as they debut at #10 with 'Blue Sky In Your Head', the title track from their current double album and hits package. It's also their third top 10 hit in a row, following 'My Salvation' (#5 in March) and 'Light On' (#10 in June).

Last on our chart exactly one year ago with 'No Regrets' (#15 in August 2018), New York based soul team Louis York register their fifth top 20 hit this week - and the highest charting to date - with 'Don't You Forget' debuting at this week's #12. Their highest chart position before today was the #13 they scored with their debut 'Clair Huxtable' in March 2016.

For the first time since the beginning of his career fifteen years ago in 2004, Jamie Cullum enjoys back to back top 20 hits. 'Drink' is the follow-up to 'Taller', the title track from his current album that made #13 back in May, and enters at #17. Meanwhile, BBMak's comeback continues apace this week with a second consecutive top 20 hit from their forthcoming new album - now pushed back to a November release - as 'So Far Away' arrives at #20.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2002: Ms. Dynamite scores her first number one, plus classic hits from Atomic Kitten, Sugababes and Truth Hurts

1. (HNE) MS. DYNAMITE - Dy-Na-Mi-Tee

2. (NE) ATOMIC KITTEN - The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling)
3. (1) SUGABABES - Round Round
4. (2) TRUTH HURTS FEAT. RAKIM - Addictive
5. (3) ROMEO - Romeo Dunn
6. (4) ABS - What You Got
7. (5) DARIUS - Colourblind
8. (NE) NICKELBACK - Too Bad
9. (7) SHAKIRA - Underneath Your Clothes
10. (6) OAKENFOLD FEAT. SHIFTY - Starry Eyed Surprise
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 2nd September 2019, 05:24 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hello ThePenSmith!
Nice to see "Do You Miss Me Much" getting your highest new entry and that "Find U Again" remained at #1!
Great chart!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:24 PM