BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 30th November 2018
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Nov 30 2018, 03:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Hello everyone! We're at the end of November, how crazy is that? Time to bring you this week's personal top 20 from myself. Has George Ezra vacated the top spot or is he about to triumph again over big new entries from Jess Glynne and Now United? Here's your answer...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 30th November 2018
© AM LIMITED 2018

1. (1) GEORGE EZRA - Hold My Girl
2. (HNE) NOW UNITED - All Day
3. (NE) JESS GLYNNE - Thursday
4. (2) MICHAEL BUBLÉ - Love You Anymore
5. (4) ALL SAINTS - Testament In Motion
6. (3) TAKE THAT - Out Of Our Heads
7. (NE) JAMIE LAWSON - Testify
8. (11) BACKSTREET BOYS - Chances
9. (7) BUSTED - Nineties
10. (5) JAMIE CULLUM - Love Is In The Picture

11. (6) OLLY MURS FEAT. SNOOP DOGG - Moves
12. (8) DIDO - Hurricanes
13. (9) KYLIE MINOGUE FEAT. JACK SAVORETTI - The Music's Too Sad Without You
14. (NE) RUTHANNE - It Is What It Is
15. (10) RICK ASTLEY - She Makes Me
16. (12) GABRIELLE - Under My Skin
17. (13) PALOMA FAITH - Loyal
18. (15) THE SHIRES - Ahead of the Storm
19. (NE) BOYZONE - Love
20. (16) LSD - Thunderclouds

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry

CHART COMMENTARY

It's the end of November, so I can now officially say it's Christmas personal chart -T3. And still nothing seems able to shift George Ezra, as 'Hold My Girl' stays put at the top of my chart for a fifth week. The man of the moment did so even with two huge new entries below him to bring the logjam of himself, Michael Bublé and Take That that we've had for the last three weeks to an end.

Now United meanwhile, can now rightfully take the crown previously held by Rak-Su until a few weeks ago for 'most frustrating run of hits from their debut without actually hitting number one'. 'Summer In The City', their debut, made #4 in July, and then they followed that up with 'Who Would Think That Love' smashing into the #2 spot in September.

This week, Simon Fuller's new multi membered popsters return to the same position with their third single 'All Day' claiming the week's biggest new hit. A song so uncharacteristic for the time of year, even down to its beach set video, but music wise is actually a sunny, upbeat break from the slower paced numbers that everyone else seems to be going for as the nights draw in, the tree and lights go up and the air gets colder. Their last two singles both had long runs inside my top 20, so it's highly likely that this one is set to follow the same path well into the new year too.

We can also safely predict the same long trajectory for Jess Glynne, whose new single 'Thursday', from her chart topping second album 'Always In Between' arrives at #3 this week. Both 'I'll Be There' and 'All I Am' (the former of course, her seventh #1 hit in May, the latter reaching #2 in September) were both inside my top 10 for runs of more than 10 weeks, so keep watching on the progress of this.

And whilst Backstreet Boys advance three places to #8 this week with 'Chances', we have two artists whose first name is Jamie inside my top 10 this week. Jamie Cullum's Children In Need single that was last week's highest new entry dips five places to #10, whilst at #7 it's a welcome return to my top 10 for Jamie Lawson.

The Plymouth born singer-songwriter raced to #1 on my chart in October 2015 with 'Wasn't Expecting That', after signing to his boss and tour buddy Ed Sheeran's record label Gingerbread Man. 'Testify' is the first single from his upcoming new album due in the new year, and makes an impressive entry point. For comparison, his last charting single 'Cold In Ohio' missed out on my top 20, peaking at #28 in January 2016, so this is a fine return to form.

Irish newcomer RuthAnne scores her third top 20 hit of the year this week. 'It Is What It Is' actually improves on the #18 showing for her last single 'Liquid' back in August, entering at this week's #14, but she is still for now searching for a second top 10 hit to follow the #7 entry she gained with her debut 'Take My Place' back in May.

Boyzone's second single 'Love' from their farewell album 'Thank You and Goodnight' lands at #19 as our final new entry this week. The first 'Because' entered at #16 last month and fell off my personal chart in short order, and it's unlikely this will advance beyond it's entry point. It does however, bring their run of top 20 hits on my personal chart to eleven.

FLASHBACK TOP 10
Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2004: Girls Aloud notch up their second week at number one for Children In Need, plus new entries from Keane, Nelly with Christina Aguilera, Kristian Leontiou and Geri Halliwell

1. (1) GIRLS ALOUD - I'll Stand By You

2. (2) DESTINY'S CHILD - Lose My Breath
3. (3) LEMAR - If There's Any Justice
4. (4) GWEN STEFANI - What You Waiting For?
5. (HNE) KEANE - This Is The Last Time
6. (NE) NELLY FEAT. CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Tilt Ya Head Back
7. (NE) KRISTIAN LEONTIOU - Some Say
8. (5) JAMIE CULLUM - Everlasting Love
9. (6) JAMELIA - DJ/Stop
10. (NE) GERI HALLIWELL - Ride It
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:52 AM