BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> MINE IS 10.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 3rd August 2020, 11:40 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

MINE IS 10. I REPEAT. MINE. CAME. OUT. 10. YEARS. AGO.

cheeseblock.png

as your resident Mine forum stan, ofc I have to start this thread!

The song was solo written by Taylor and produced by regular producer Nathan Chapman

Swift explained that the song is about "her tendency to run from love" after seeing many relationships end in goodbye and breakups. "I think I've developed this pattern of sort of running away when it comes time to fall in love and to stay in a relationship. The song is sort of about finding the exception to that and finding someone who would make you believe in love and realize that it could work out.''

Originally planned to be released on the 16th August, the song leaked so it instead dropped on the 4th August. Swift commented that "a leak is so out of my comfort zone, but it ended up good in the end. It made me so emotional that I started crying.

Mine is a country-pop song (with a pop mix being released in the UK) and received positive reviews + comparisons to fearless' lead single Love Story! the song won a few country awards and was nominated at the teen choice awards!

The song debuted at #3 in America, selling 297k in downloads (debuting at #1 on hot digital songs) and made Swift the second female artist in the history of the Hot 100 to have multiple tracks debut in the top five during a calendar year!! It had really good longevity in the US and finished #46 in the year end charts (with only a few months eligible as remember the US cut-off at like the start of November!!). This was also successful in Australia (#9) and Canda (#2), whilst unfortunately struggling in the UK (#30)

The music video starred British actor Toby Hemingway and was directed by Swift & Roman White (You Belong With Me, Fifteen). This was the first time Swift was a director for one of her music videos! The video was positively received and she performed this live a lot of times!

So it's now 10 years since the speak now era started!!!! what's your opinion on mine? share share share!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 3rd August 2020, 11:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

I CANNOT BELIEVE this has now been out for 10 years, what an absolute classic!! heart.gif heart.gif

This song will always hold such a special place in my heart, it's the song that made me become a MAJOR stan, and I have so many early teenage memories attached to this song wub.gif The song is utterly fabulous, one of her best bridges ever and omg the way that chorus EXPLODES, I still belt along every single time. THE FINAL CHORUS. my wig is snatchedT. The video is also beautiful and def a highlight of early Taylor videos, damn I spammed that video on repeat when I was 12/13. Is it still my favourite Taylor song ever? It might as well be tbh. My top 5 is v. interchangeable for my absolute fave and Mine is the one I go back to least nowadays, but ugh I have such a special place for this song heart.gif I've been spamming it the past couple days and damn it still sounds so glorious!! I prefer the US mix cos of the way it builds but the pop mix is perfection too! The artwork is stunning too <3

This deserved to be so much bigger in the UK cry.gif at least it was a big hit in America! wub.gif

also I was howling whilst doing the rate collation thread the other day and the BREAKDOWN I had over this finishing #5 in the classic favourites rate. 13 year old me was a messT. But damn it shows how much I ADORE this song kink.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 4th August 2020, 01:20 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

listening to this again now and damn it's still perfection wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 4th August 2020, 03:25 PM
Post #4
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Her best song!!

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 4th August 2020, 10:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

I'm not at that stan level, but I do like it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 04:23 PM