BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ❌🦆⛔ I WON ⛔🦆❌ [BJSC 115 Final Results], go home, it's over.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
✖ leww ✖
post 23rd June 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #201
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(Oliver @ Jun 23 2019, 09:45 PM) *
Very surprised to see that other than the winner my song had the most "mass appeal", although it didn't translate into a high placing! mellow.gif

u were robbed sad.gif my favourite entry of urs in absolute AGES!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd June 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #202
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I was right all along to be worried about my chances of qualifying! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 23rd June 2019, 09:00 PM
Post #203
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

QUOTE(Bré @ Jun 23 2019, 01:46 PM) *
It's your second 24th place finish (Boys Noize also came 24th 2 contests ago)! I'll include the positions of the songs in the temporary Songs of BJSC thread the next time I update it.

The next contest isn't due to be starting for nearly 3 weeks now so you (and everyone else) have a bit more time than usual to find something if you do change your mind xx
it's really gonna be that long? sad.gif i thought they'd be starting first week of july or something

+Quote this post
danG
post 23rd June 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #204
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Well we usually have the month long gap for Buzzjackfestivalen after the 5th contest of the year, I guess it's only 3 weeks this year cos of the multiple setbacks we've had.

Anyway, for anyone craving another song contest, one may be opening in the dance forum in the coming weeks...

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd June 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #205
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Typical, I've been winging it at the last minute all year but the one time I have two entries in the bag there's a wait laugh.gif (srsly though no worries x)

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd June 2019, 09:04 PM
Post #206
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

The gap between the end of 115 and the start of 116 was actually meant to be nearly 6 weeks laugh.gif

(and yeah there was supposed to be a BJFestivalen or something but as of now I don't think we have any plans for that so it's probably just gonna be a bit of a breather for the forum, there is still the Pride spinoff ongoing though ofc x)

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 23rd June 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #207
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Playa Grande wub.gif Would've probably tried it myself if I didn't think it'd have been vetoed but I only discovered it in the last 2 days of confirmation so not bitter and just glad to enjoy another winner. Would've been so bitter if it was Slayyyter, so I'm thrilled that did so well without winning haha!

23rd... another average result. MUST FIND A HIT AGAIN.

+Quote this post
m
post 23rd June 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #208
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

Thanks duck for hosting btw, hope you're enjoying your nap etc tongue.gif A song called 'Letyat Utki (Ducks Are Flying) - Folk Version' started playing for me right now and I thought it was funny given this duck-referenced contest was going on. idk 🙃

3rd is a unique position for me and my 2nd best result in the regular contest, thanks voters.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 23rd June 2019, 09:24 PM
Post #209
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Massive congrats to Greenfroze! I am very happy with 13th for Peggy Gou what a song <3

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 23rd June 2019, 09:30 PM
Post #210
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Q glad now that I entered Sofi for Pride as it would now be ineligible for BJSC! Vote for that too folx!

Good contest altho higher than 28 would have been ideal! Congrats all biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 23rd June 2019, 09:40 PM
Post #211
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Top 10!!!!!!!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 23rd June 2019, 09:54 PM
Post #212
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Well we got a good result at the top there, what a wonderful top 3, I gave double figure points to them all which is certainly a rarity, all amazing in completely different ways. Congrats to Freeze as well, extremely infectious and great for this time of year so no real surprise, I remember you hosting just before I joined so this is a nice throwback!

33rd two months in a row...and that's after 22 for the contest before, I guess I'm into multiples of 11 this year, I can get behind this random stat as it makes up for the disappointing placing, but then this was always gonna be very niche and looking at the semi result it's not a regression at least, thanks very much to all who pointed it! (I do love that me and Jadakissnia were next to each other in all the results and the running order as well, super niche entries stick together *.)

Thanks for another entertaining edition, ducky. Depending on the dates, I'm not entirely certain I'll be able to take part in the next one for ~reasons~ but I'll wait and see, gives me plenty of time to recalibrate my sound nonetheless!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 23rd June 2019, 10:32 PM
Post #213
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Jun 23 2019, 07:37 PM) *
Thanks to the jury countries who gave points to Menke,especially Republique d'Askorza who gave points to Rolloland for the first time. I wasn't sure if that would ever happen. dance.gif

I wasn’t sure if you were going to stop trolling us with shit entries but what do you know, miracles can happen!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 23rd June 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #214
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I'm actually really pleased with that result. I had expected most people to ignore my entry but a surprising number of you showed incredibly good taste by giving it points, I was feeling like I'd won the thing every time I saw my name on someone's votes biggrin.gif Of course it was the best song here but I need the makeup of this thing to change a bit more for that to be recognised x

Excellent top 3 there, well done to Greenfroze, great winner, Weyes Blood took a little while to grow on me but I'm glad it did and I pointed it well because as soon as I sent off my votes Jacob told me the backing sounded like Muse's Bliss and I can't unhear that now (which is a good thing), and Change was also great. I can also say I CALLED IT, because I did even if I didn't post about it, I should do that more.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 23rd June 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #215
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

And yes UVland finishing below me does help with that a little, thanks for being a good scapegoat UV!

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 24th June 2019, 01:46 AM
Post #216
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

That's Vülkyria's second 2nd Place finish in a SF that goes on to massively underperform in the Final nocheer.gif

Guys I want to win sometime! laugh.gif

Perfect winner. One of my favourite bands I discovered through BJSC, so I'm thrilled to see them having the winner status. Congratulations Greenfroze!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 24th June 2019, 03:21 AM
Post #217
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Awesome winner, so happy for Greenfroze and for Sofi Tukker themselves! Congrats Freeze! Not a fan of much in that top 10 but I'm thrilled to see Unovia high up there. Y'all seriously slept on Budtar, and Vulkyria to a lesser extent based on that semi regression.

Really loved this contest, my entire top 15 was really strong even if most of them underperformed. Thanks ducky for making these results go a lot more smoothly laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Freeze
post 24th June 2019, 04:29 AM
Post #218
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394

WOW! wub.gif I am completely in awe over this! I am so glad I came back to the contest this year, and it seems like it was the perfect time for me as well. First I qualify for the final (which I felt like I rarely did before my hiatus), and then I did it again with a top ten finish as well, and now I WIN! Utterly unbelievably amazing! wub.gif

QUOTE(Bré @ Jun 23 2019, 09:19 PM) *
Congrats Freeze! First win since BJSC 40, oh my ohmy.gif (will comment more once I've verified the final scoreboard but obvz the winner isn't gonna change x)

Thank you so much! biggrin.gif Yeah, it's been ages! What has it been? Almost a decade? tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 23 2019, 09:19 PM) *
Well I voted for the entire top 6 so that'll do me *.* congratulations Greenfroze wub.gif

Thanks! happy.gif

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jun 23 2019, 09:20 PM) *
Well done Freeze! biggrin.gif
I won my first contest when you last hosted so I'd be feeling confident if I even had a vague idea what to send.

Yeah, I remember that! I might be biased, but that contest was infected with high quality music. Your entry included wub.gif

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jun 23 2019, 09:21 PM) *
Congrats Freeze!

Thank you! smile.gif

QUOTE(Stray Cody @ Jun 23 2019, 09:21 PM) *
Congrats Freeze! heart.gif heart.gif

Thank you a bunch! happy.gif

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jun 23 2019, 09:21 PM) *
Congrats Freeze! That was my 4 pointer so I'm pretty happy with that.

Thanks for the support! happy.gif

QUOTE(danG @ Jun 23 2019, 09:23 PM) *
Yes greenfroze!! 84 years since you last won too.

Thanks! Haha, something like that tongue.gif

QUOTE(Leonardo @ Jun 23 2019, 09:23 PM) *
huge congrats to Greenfroze for the win, and well done Oslol for hosting, which has been prompt if nothing else.

Thank you so much! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Freeze: 24th June 2019, 04:30 AM

+Quote this post
Freeze
Post #219
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(imaduck @ Jun 23 2019, 09:26 PM) *
Some stats for anyone who may be reading this:
> our first points to Greenfroze since we gave 6 to Robert DeLong way back in BJSC 76; this is also the most points they've received and the highest they've ever finished in our votes, beating the 11 points they got with Diagram Of The Heart in BJSC 28

Thanks! Wow, really? Well I really did achieve something amazing this time, didn't I? laugh.gif

QUOTE(dobbo @ Jun 23 2019, 09:26 PM) *
Congrats Freeze! Didn't think much of the winning song (once again this year, seems to be a common occurrence now!) but great to see someone win for the first time in a very long while.

Thanks! Fair enough, but yeah, it's really been a while!

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Jun 23 2019, 09:27 PM) *
Well done Greenfroze. Your song was 20th in my rankings so I liked it a bit.

Great to hear! Thanks! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Freeze: 24th June 2019, 04:29 AM

+Quote this post
Freeze
Post #220
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Bré @ Jun 23 2019, 10:32 PM) *
Really happy with SOFI TUKKER as a winner, although it was a sliiightly uninspired choice tongue.gif I'm just glad that it has given both acts a big hit in BJSC after previous underperformances, pretty similar to Two Steps From Hell the other month - both of these artists will definitely be vetoed in the future now though so no one else try and get away with them again xx Excited for the prospect of a possible Greenfroze hosting, the last Greenfroze contest was very well run iirc although that was right at the end of my days of entering the contest just for the sake of it and not really following it closely (it was the last time I failed to vote in the semis which I used to do half the time oops) magic.gif

I'm glad you're happy with it! I do remember that too actually, that you weren't as.. enthusiastic tongue.gif Although I unfortunately don't think I'll be able to host the next one. I have asked for a lot more responsibilities at work now, and I have other commitments as well, so I can only manage to get by listening and voting these days, but I'm very glad you remember my hosting. I worked very hard on that to please everyone and at the same time doing it on my own terms in my own way and to the best of my abilities. So thank you so much! happy.gif

QUOTE(RobBob @ Jun 23 2019, 11:14 PM) *
Playa Grande wub.gif Would've probably tried it myself if I didn't think it'd have been vetoed but I only discovered it in the last 2 days of confirmation so not bitter and just glad to enjoy another winner.

Glad you liked it! (and that you're not bitter tongue.gif )

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Jun 23 2019, 11:24 PM) *
Massive congrats to Greenfroze!

Thank you so much! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Jun 23 2019, 11:54 PM) *
Congrats to Freeze as well, extremely infectious and great for this time of year so no real surprise, I remember you hosting just before I joined so this is a nice throwback!

Thank you so much! Glad you remember biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jun 24 2019, 12:38 AM) *
Excellent top 3 there, well done to Greenfroze, great winner,

Thank you for that! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Vülker @ Jun 24 2019, 03:46 AM) *
Perfect winner. One of my favourite bands I discovered through BJSC, so I'm thrilled to see them having the winner status. Congratulations Greenfroze!

Good to hear! Thanks a lot! dance.gif

QUOTE(Riser @ Jun 24 2019, 05:21 AM) *
Awesome winner, so happy for Greenfroze and for Sofi Tukker themselves! Congrats Freeze!

Thank you! I am very happy as well! I was already convinced it would never happen again laugh.gif So I'm a bit ecstatic w00t.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:59 AM