BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Top 40 Countdown by awardinary (W/E 11/12/2020) | Chart #77, I thought it would be Easier for RAYE to be #1 but I'm Satisfied
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Dec 11 2020, 04:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

View the Archive

Week Ending 11/12/2020

newup.png 1. RAYE & Rudimental – Regardless
[4-2-1->3]
newdown.png 2. Shane Codd – Get Out My Head
[1-1-2->3]
newup.png 3. Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby – Levitating
[6-5-3->3]
newright.png 4. Jax Jones & Au/Ra – i miss u
[5-4-4->3]
newup.png 5. Tiλsto – The Business
[12-8-5->3]
newdown.png 6. KC Lights – Girl
[2-3-6->3]
newup.png 7. Eric Prydz – NOPUS
[19-10-7->3]
newdown.png 8. Bicep – Saku
[3-6-8->3]
newup.png 9. CamelPhat feat. LOWES – Easier
[11-13-9->3]
newdown.png 10. Disciples – I Got You
[14-9-10->3]
newup.png 11. Becky Hill – Space
[20-16-11->3]
newdown.png 12. Bicep – Apricots
[7-7-12->3]
newdown.png 13. Paul Woolford & Diplo feat. Kareen Lomax – Looking For Me
[13-11-13->3]
newne.png 14. Billen Ted – Satisfied
[14->1] — HIGHEST NEW ENTRY
newright.png 15. MEDUZA feat. Dermot Kennedy – Paradise
[16-15-15->3]
newup.png 16. Mark Knight & Rene Amesz feat. Tasty Lopez – All 4 Love
[30-22-16->3]
newup.png 17. The Weeknd – Save Your Tears
[29-17->2] — BIGGEST CLIMBER
newdown.png 18. Imanbek & Martin Jensen – I'm Just Feelin' (Du Du Du)
[15-12-18->3]
newdown.png 19. High Contrast feat. LOWES – Rhythm Is Changing
[17-19->2]
newne.png 20. Paloma Faith – Gold
[20->1]
newne.png 21. Solardo & Rowetta – Enough
[21->1]
newup.png 22. Diplo & Sonny Fodera – Turn Back Time
[25-22->2]
newdown.png 23. Pax & Gorgon City – Alive
[8-14-23->3]
newright.png 24. London Grammar – Baby It's You [Kolsch Remix]
[25-24-24->3]
newdown.png 25. Becky Hill & Sigala – Heaven On My Mind
[24-21-25->3]
newup.png 26. Sleepwalkrs feat. MNEK – More Than Words
[18-28-26->3]
newright.png 27. Ava Max – My Head & My Heart
[27-27->2]
newne.png 28. Jason Derulo & Nuka – Love Not War (The Tampa Beat)
[28->1]
newdown.png 29. PBH & Jack feat. Sash Sings – Lose CTRL
[27-20-29->3]
newdown.png 30. Marshmello & Imanbek feat. Usher – Too Much
[21-23-30->3]
newdown.png 31. Noizu – Summer 91
[10-19-31->3]
newdown.png 32. MK feat. Carla Monroe – 2AM
[9-18-32->3] — BIGGEST FALLER
newdown.png 33. Route 94 feat. L Devine – Sad Songs
[34-26-33->3]
newne.png 34. Purple Disco Machine & Mind Enterprises – Exotica
[34->1]
newdown.png 35. John Summit & Guz – Thin Line
[29-30-35->3]
newdown.png 36. Harry Styles – Golden
[32-36->2]
newdown.png 37. Torren Foot feat. Tinie Tempah & L Devine – More Life
[32-33-37->3]
newdown.png 38. Little Mix – Sweet Melody
[17-31-38->3]
newdown.png 39. Diplo & SIDEPIECE – On My Mind
[35-36-39->3]
newdown.png 40. Tones & I – Fly Away
[37-40->2]
    Out of the Top 40
Sonny Fodera & Ella Eyre – Wired
[26-38->2]
Loud Luxury & Morgan St. Jean – Aftertaste
[31-34->2]
Lucky Luke – Cooler Than Me
[23-35->2]
Love Regenerator & Steve Lacey – Live Without Your Love
[28-40->2]
Armand Van Helden & Riva Starr feat. Sharlene Hector – Step It Up
[36-39->2]
    Chart Commentary
"Thank you for checking out the weekly Top 40 Countdown by awardinary. This week sees a new song at the top of the charts in a week where there were 5 new entries.

Firstly, may I say thank you to the following 7 people who viewed and commented on my personal chart last week: fAddytale of NYC, James Frost ☃️, Sergej, Buy Levitating, dancemberlexa, Christmasteve201 and Road Salt Mixer. Responses to your comments are in the below post. happy.gif

As aforementioned, there is a change at the top of the chart this week, it’s a climb of one place for RAYE & Rudimental who put Shane Codd down a place. It is a fine collaboration and one that will hopefully have some sort of official chart impact in early 2021. CamelPhat enter into the Top 10 this week too with Easier, recently added to the Radio 1 Playlist too. This week's Track of The Week has been given to Tiλsto who climbs into the Top 5 this week.

The highest new entry this week comes from an artist called Billen Ted. It enters at #14 this week, along with that entry, there are also new entries from Paloma Faith, Solardo & Rowetta, Jason Derulo & Naku and Purple Disco Machine & Mind Enterprises.

The award for biggest climber this week goes to The Weeknd. Save Your Tears climbs up 12 places this week. MK is the biggest victim this week and sees his single 2AM falls 14 places.

The Top 40 Countdown bids farewell to the following artists from this week’s chart; Sonny Fodera & Ella Eyre, Loud Luxury & Morgan St. Jean, Lucky Luke, Love Regenerator & Steve Lacey and Armand Van Helden & Riva Starr.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my personal chart this week. Comments are welcomed of course, and I hope I can make time to take a look at your personal charts also both for future inspiration and to acknowledge your hard work at putting it together too! happy.gif"
    Track Of The Week

This post has been edited by awardimerry: Dec 11 2020, 04:17 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Dec 11 2020, 04:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587
QUOTE(fAddytale of NYC @ Dec 4 2020, 06:39 PM) *
Omg I missed including Shane Codd in my chart this week lmao...but I definitely added officially on my Spotify playlist so it won't happen the same next week cheer.gif

Amazing chart Andrew and I need to listen to Tiesto, Diplo and Prydz songs since usually I am a fan of theirs!!!
Hi Addy! hi.gif

What!? How could you miss Shane Codd this week! ohmy.gif

Hope you like the entries from Tiλsto, Diplo & Eric Prydz, all of which climb on my chart again this week! cheer.gif

Thank you for your comment! happy.gif

QUOTE(James Frost ☃️ @ Dec 5 2020, 10:00 AM) *
Hey Wardy!

Get Out any Head with another week at #1 yay! I love it. It will be added to my rotative playlist for charting on Wednesday ednesdsy cheer.gif it's a shame it seems to be going the wrong way officially but hopefully after Xmas it can climb back up the chart.
Yay for Regardless. It's a great track. Loving the use of the sample.
Space is climbing yass. It's such a bop. It's a shame it didn't really do anything officially on the charts. It's so radio friendly!
My Head & My Heart is quite good (for Ava Max at least.) The sample i love of course, but the actual song itself isn't bit bland?
What on earth is happening with Sweet Melody? I'm not here for this sort of naff chart run tongue.gif

Fantastic chart!
Hi James! hi.gif

Glad you’re loving Shane Codd’s single right now, I think it could stick around my Top 10 for a few more weeks yet! I am sure it will reach a new official UK chart peak in 2021.

Regardless is really resonating with me right now, just such a great use of a sample, and one that I truly hope can enter the UK Top 40 in the new year! biggrin.gif

You might very well see Space in the Top 10 next week, maybe even the Top 5! ohmy.gif

You will have to accept that Sweet Melody would have lasted a few weeks longer near the top if I had charted it sooner. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Sergej @ Dec 5 2020, 03:54 PM) *
Hey there Wardy!
Nice to see "The Business" and "NOPUS" in the top 10!
From your debuts, I like "Rhythm Is Changing", "Golden" and "Fly Away"!
Great chart!
Hi Sergej! hi.gif

Both The Business and NOPUS climb even more this week!

Glad you enjoyed my chart debuts too, they all hold on for another week at least.

QUOTE(Buy Levitating @ Dec 5 2020, 05:21 PM) *
hi.gif

First time popping into comment on your chart! Lots I recognize from the dance playlists on Spotify

1. Shane Codd – Get Out My Head [1-1->2] Really underrated wub.gif Just entered my chart this week but it could challenge for a top 10 peak in coming weeks
2. RAYE & Rudimental – Regardless [4-2->2] Have been over playing this a bit! The Rapture sample somehow works and doesn't bug me like a sample usually would
3. KC Lights – Girl [2-3->2]
4. Jax Jones & Au/Ra – i miss u [5-4->2] I got bored of this after 2 plays oops. This sound is so overdone at the moment
5. Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby – Levitating [6-5->2] w00t.gif Future top 3 or chart topper pls
6. Bicep – Saku [3-6->2]
7. Bicep – Apricots [7-7->2]
9. Disciples – I Got You [14-9->2]
10. Eric Prydz – NOPUS [19-10->2] — BIGGEST CLIMBER
11. Paul Woolford & Diplo feat. Kareen Lomax – Looking For Me [13-11->2]
13. CamelPhat feat. LOWES – Easier [11-13->2] Love this, preferring the gorgeous Carry Me Away feat Jem Cooke a lot more though. (Another sampling done right)
14. Pax & Gorgon City – Alive [8-14->2]
18. MK feat. Carla Monroe – 2AM [9-18->2]
19. Noizu – Summer 91 [10-19->2]
21. Becky Hill & Sigala – Heaven On My Mind [24-21->2]
24. London Grammar – Baby It's You [Kolsch Remix] [25-24->2] Nice to see another fan of this version! It peaked at #5 on my chart. The Maya Jane Coles remix of Californian Soil is quite nice too!
27. Ava Max – My Head & My Heart [27->1]
30. John Summit & Guz – Thin Line [29-30->2]
34. Loud Luxury & Morgan St. Jean – Aftertaste [31-34->2]
36. Diplo & SIDEPIECE – On My Mind [35-36->2]
Hi Kath! hi.gif

The appreciation for so many entries in my chart right now!

Shane Codd, RAYE & Rudimental, Dua Lipa and CamelPhat are all doing strongly here right now, if I had started my chart sooner you would have seen London Grammar peaking higher, but it is a non-mover this week!

QUOTE(dancemberlexa @ Dec 9 2020, 12:14 PM) *
great to see Tiλsto and especially Eric Prydz climb into the top 10 this week!
hopefully Raye & Not Regard can overtake Shane Codd next week as I prefer their song. tongue.gif
my fave new entry here is Diplo/Sonny Fodera. Sonny was once a former BJSC entrant of mine so seeing him now get collabs with MK and Diplo is impressive.
I also like the High Contrast, The Weeknd and Tones & I entries.
great chart!
Hi Dan! hi.gif

Yes, two great songs right now that I’m enjoying, and they continue to climb!

Your wish is my command, RAYE & Rudimental do indeed overtake Shane Codd for this week! tongue.gif

I did not know that Sonny Fodera was a former BJSC entry of yours, but that’s great foresight on your part to pick him out as a future producer who would go on to work with some big names! Unfortunately one Sonny Fodera song drops out of my chart this week.

Thanks for the appreciation for the new entries last week, hope you enjoy this weeks too.

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 10 2020, 12:52 AM) *
How good is the new material by Bicep - deservedly high in your chart!!
Hi Steve! hi.gif

The new material by Bicep is certainly very high quality, and I look forward to more from them in the future. cheer.gif

QUOTE(Road Salt Mixer @ Dec 10 2020, 08:12 PM) *
I like that Shane Codd track, it has a little bit of a nostalgic 00s clubland feel to it, the bit just before the chorus/drop reminds me of Cahill's Trippin On You a bit.

The Business is a bit basic production wise but it is still a good track in a similar style to Meduza, and better than the latest single from Meduza themselves, agree with danG that Paradise was a bit of a disappointment.

Too Much is a good dance track which has been underappreciated sadly. More Life and Step It Up I am not bored of yet, two of the dance tracks of the year for me, I assume Step It Up would have been higher in your chart if you would have started it a few months ago, its all about The Answer (with Chris Lake) now from Armand now, I think that might become bigger than Step It Up.
Hi Snakey! hi.gif
You know, I can see the comparison with Cahill which was a track I really enjoyed a decade or so ago! ohmy.gif

The Business still climbs for me this week, it is a bit basic in its production but enjoyable nonetheless. The MEDUZA track with Dermot Kennedy is a non-mover this week, but I think it will start to drop in the coming weeks.

G.as to have someone else on this forum appreciate Too Much, and as for More Life, I agree it is a good dance song of 2020, and it reminds me of Axwell’s single Nobody Else (probably because of the “More Life” reference).

Step It Up drops out the chart this week for me, but it might indeed have peaked higher if I had restarted my personal chart sooner. I am yet to see if and where The Answer will feature on a future chart of mine.

+Quote this post
AH Gold
post Dec 13 2020, 12:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,410
Hi there,

Great to see Raye at No.1 here. Also, I'm loving seeing Tiesto and Camelphat in the top ten too.

Plus Harry and Little Mix lower down.

Great chart! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 13 2020, 04:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Hey there Wardy hi.gif heart.gif

Pretty good #1 - I was taken aback by the sample use when I first heard it laugh.gif my favourite new entry is definitely 'Enough', what a tune wub.gif

great chart happy.gif

+Quote this post
Slick
post Dec 13 2020, 04:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70
Hello! I love to see 'Levitating' so high - I am obsessed with it. 'Sweet Melody' so low though ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post Dec 14 2020, 10:03 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Hey Wardy! Looks like I missed your chart when you posted it oop X

Regardless at #1 cheer.gif I did say this would eb charting next week but it just so happens that Taylor surprise dropped an album so it's been delayed and because I shuffled a few things round, it won't chart untik the 20th January now oop.
Get Out My Head only dropped to #2 cheer.gif wub.gif I adore it so I'm not complaining. Glad to see it's gonna have a great chart run.
Levitating up to the top 3 yass. It's gonna climb for me again this week. I can feel it tongue.gif
Ohhh Space is just outside the top 10 now *.* It's well and truly peaked for me. After I entered my Xmas songs, I realised how much the song had wore on me laugh.gif
Gold straight In at #20 cheer.gif Hopefully a future too 5/10 here! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Fantastic chart!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 14 2020, 10:17 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hi there Wardy!
Nice to see "Levitating" in the top 3, "Easier" reaching the top 10, the big gain for "Save Your Tears" and the debuts for "Enough" and "Exotica"!
Great chart!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Dec 17 2020, 11:12 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
New #1 ohmy.gif

I just recently became little addicted to Raye's - Natalie Don't...probably 4-5 months too late lol.

Nice to see Dua climbing and I need to listen to new Tiesto...gotta be good since it's charting on Spotify as well!!

Lovely chart Andrew wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:56 PM