BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lewis's Top 1000 of The Decade (2010's), Top 250 Begins - pg. 4
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 12th June 2020, 10:36 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Wow the Ariana domination wub.gif wub.gif expected but very much welcomed *.* creasing at 'Gillian McKeith' appearing also laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 9th August 2020, 02:45 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 12 2020, 11:36 PM) *
Wow the Ariana domination wub.gif wub.gif expected but very much welcomed *.* creasing at 'Gillian McKeith' appearing also laugh.gif

Ariana has, of course, been my favourite artist of the past decade biggrin.gif

Gillian McKeith's a classic! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 9th August 2020, 02:45 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Daft Punk

Daft Punk are a French electronic music duo formed in Paris in 1993 by Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter. They achieved popularity in the late 1990s as part of the French house movement; they also had success in the years following, combining elements of house music with funk, techno, disco, rock and synthpop. They have worn ornate helmets and gloves to assume robot personas in most public appearances since 1999 and rarely grant interviews or appear on television.

??? Get Lucky (ft Pharrell Williams)
??? Starboy (The Weeknd ft Daft Punk)
295 I Feel It Coming (The Weeknd ft Daft Punk)

While they're team ups with The Weeknd gained them two extra hits, they're only lead credited hit in my chart is the worldwide uber smash (and sound of the summer) Get Lucky which is set for a very high finish here.

Dami Im

Dami Im (born 17 October 1988) is a Korean-born Australian singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist performing artist. Im emigrated to Australia from South Korea with her family at the age of nine. She won the fifth season of The X Factor Australia and subsequently received a recording contract with Sony Music Australia.

Im released her debut and winner's single "Alive", which debuted at number one on the ARIA Singles Chart. This was followed by the release of her self-titled second studio album, which debuted at number one the ARIA Albums Chart and was certified platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association. Im represented Australia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 held in Stockholm, Sweden, with the song "Sound of Silence", where she won the jury vote and placed fourth in the televote, coming second overall with a total of 511 points.

732 Broccoli (ft Lil Yachty)

Sound Of Silence (2016, #3, EOY #86) is the only of the Australian Eurovision entries that have broke through to my chart so far. This song is really powerful and a cut above everything else they've entered with. Dami really deserved the win over the dull Ukraine entry.

Dappy

Costadinos Contostavlos ( born 11 June 1987), better known by his stage name Dappy, is a British rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer and actor. He is the lead singer of the Camden-based hip hop and grime trio N-Dubz, with his cousin Tulisa, and Fazer. He was known for his slightly unusual dress sense and his love for what he describes as "eye-catching headwear". His trademark was wearing a selection of woolly chullos (sometimes referred to as "Dappy hats"), turning up one or both of the ear-flaps of the hat.

??? No Regrets
688 Spaceship (Tinchy Stryder ft Dappy)
782 Rockstar (ft Brian May)

Dappy joined cousin Tulisa by bagging himself a #1 single with No Regrets right at the start of the decade and was a song I loved as a 13 year old and so it features in my top 250. I'm sure that many forgot that he also bagged himself a #2 peaking single with Rockstar featuring Queen's Brian May. It's certainly not a song I go back to often but I did enjoy it at the time. Listening to it again now, it doesn't sound anywhere near as bad or dated as I expected it to. I might even throw it back onto a couple of my playlists smile.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 12th August 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #64
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

I think all my favourite Daft Punk songs are from the 00s but Get Lucky is still decent! And I Feel It Coming is my favourite of the Weeknd collabs.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 30th August 2020, 12:52 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Aug 12 2020, 09:17 PM) *
I think all my favourite Daft Punk songs are from the 00s but Get Lucky is still decent! And I Feel It Coming is my favourite of the Weeknd collabs.

I think that's an opinion a lot of people will share with you smile.gif Although 'Get Lucky' is my favourite song they've released.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 30th August 2020, 12:52 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Dave

David Orobosa Omoregie (born 5 June 1998), known professionally as Dave or Santan Dave, is a British rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer. Dave released his debut extended play Six Paths in 2016, after the release of a number of successful singles including "Thiago Silva" with AJ Tracey. In the same year, Canadian rapper Drake premiered a remix single of Dave's song "Wanna Know" featuring himself on OVO Sound Radio. In 2018, his political song "Question Time" — which directed criticism towards the UK Government — won the Ivor Novello Award for Best Contemporary Song. In the same year he released "Funky Friday", featuring Fredo, which became his first number-one hit on the UK Singles Chart and his first platinum certified release.

Dave's debut album Psychodrama (2019) was met with widespread critical acclaim and debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart, having the biggest first week streams for a British rap album. It went on to win the Mercury Prize and the Album of the Year at the 2020 Brit Awards. He made his acting debut in the third season of the Netflix series Top Boy, which was released in September 2019.

??? Disaster (ft J Hus)
??? No Words (ft MoStack)
466 Funky Friday (ft Fredo)
487 Lesley (feat Ruelle)
600 Wanna Know (Remix) (feat Drake)
629 Professor X
664 18Hunna (Headie One ft Dave)
699 Paper Cuts
747 Thiago Silva (Dave & AJ Tracey)
866 Hangman
937 Streatham

Dave had an incredible end of the decade and continued that success in my chart with two entries in the top 250 and a nice collection of songs appearing in the lower regions. The highest of which: Funky Friday (2018, #3, EOY #48) also became his first #1 single in the UK charts. Still a massive tune but it feels odd as his highest peaking single as I think it's became overshadowed by a few others in the general public's eyes. Lesley (2019, #2, EOY #52) is a song I dare not spoil for anyone who has never heard it. It's one of the most powerful pieces of writing I've heard in a long time and if you have a spare 10 minutes, I'd urge everyone to listen to it. Dave was well worth his Mercury Prize win for this song alone.

Dave is the king of my the 600's in my chart, book-ending both ends of the 100 with another 2 entries in between. At 600 is his debut hit in my chart, Wanna Know (Remix) (2016, #5, EOY #88). Professor X (2019, #2, EOY #44) was a song that I originally ranked a few places higher than Lesley in my 2019 EOY chart but isn't a song I have found myself going back to much recently. It's a very similar sounding song to Funky Friday and I do think the wordplay is a little slicker on this tune but it doesn't have that same epicness as the Fredo collab. Paper Cuts (2019, #2. EOY #61) was the long-awaited drill tune from Dave and it did not disappoint. Easily one of the best drill tracks from recent years, Dave's lyricism and the hard beats make a great combination.

Thiago Silva (2019, #4, EOY #86) was a song that I wasn't that keen on initially but years later and one Alex from Glasto later, the song properly clicked with me. Out of all the tracks here, its probably the one I've listened to most this year. Hangman (2018, #3, EOY #99) is serious Dave and has some hard-hitting lyrics but it just doesn't work as well as the bigger hits he's released since. Streatham (2019, #17) is a song that I don't listen to loads but always enjoy it when I do. I don't think anyone would say it's top-tier Dave, but the beat is crazy and some of the wordplays are really clever.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 1st September 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

David Bowie

David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016), known professionally as David Bowie, was an English singer-songwriter and actor. He was a leading figure in the music industry and is regarded as one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. He was acclaimed by critics and musicians, particularly for his innovative work during the 1970s. His career was marked by reinvention and visual presentation, with his music and stagecraft having a significant impact on popular music. During his lifetime, his record sales, estimated at over 100 million records worldwide, made him one of the best-selling music artists of all time. In the UK, he was awarded ten platinum album certifications, eleven gold and eight silver, and released eleven number-one albums. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996. Rolling Stone placed him among its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and following his death in 2016, Bowie was dubbed "The Greatest Rock Star Ever" by the magazine.

626 Heroes
727 Starman

These two David Bowie tracks are two of the only songs that were released outside of 2010-2019 that I have allowed to make this countdown because before his tragic death in January 2016, I hadn't been much of a Bowie fan. However, after seeing the complete out-pour of love and admiration, I decided to go back and give his music another chance and a few tracks really stood out. Rebel Rebel just missed out on the top 1000 but making it in is Heroes (2016, #4, EOY #80) which since his death, has really became his signature track. The little strains in his voice make it a really powerful and emotional track to hear. A great summation of a great man. Also making it here is Starman (2016, #2, EOY #92). The chorus to this track is such a banger. He uses some different and interesting enunciations that make it a constantly fascinating track to listen to.

David Guetta

Pierre David Guetta (born 7 November 1967) is a French DJ, record producer and songwriter. He has sold over nine million albums and thirty million singles worldwide. In 2011, Guetta was voted as the number one DJ in the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs pol and has been called the "grandfather of EDM".

Born and raised in Paris; he released his first album, Just a Little More Love in 2002.Guetta achieved mainstream success with his 2009 album One Love which included the hit singles "When Love Takes Over", "Gettin' Over You" & "Sexy Bitch", all of which reached number one in the United Kingdom. .

??? Turn Me On (ft Nicki Minaj)
285 Where Them Girls At (ft Flo Rida & Nicki Minaj)
307 Sweat (Snoop Dogg vs David Guetta)
792 Hey Mama (ft Nicki Minaj & Afrojack)
860 Who's That Chick (ft Rihanna)
974 Mad Love (Sean Paul & David Guetta ft Becky G)

Ah the early 2010's when David Guetta & Flo Rida were two of the biggest names in music and any collab between the two was a guaranteed smash. Where Them Girls At was indeed a massive hit despite, having just listened to it again now, not being that great. I did love it at the time though. The track, of course, also featured Nicki Minaj who also helps Guetta get his only top 250 appearance here with Turn Me On. Proving the theory of diminishing returns, she also provides some vocals on Hey Mama (2015, #4). The song didn't even make my EOY Top 100 for that year and probably is a little to high here at 792. The final Gutta song is Who's That Chick. It's a song I wasn't really into at the time but have enjoyed every time I've heard it since so has very slowly started to grow in my affections.

David Zowie

David Zowie Canada Batt (born 30 April 1981), known professionally as David Zowie, is an English DJ and record producer. He is best known for his song "House Every Weekend", which topped the UK Singles Chart in July 2015.

334 House Every Weekend

And completing the section of Davids is Zowie with his #1 smash House Every Weekend (2015, #1, EOY #39). The track became the first #1 single to be announced after the charts moved to Friday and certainly felt like one of the last hurrahs for held-back releases. The song is a serious banger and is one of my favourite dance hits of the decade. After 2015, I stopped enjoying the big dance hits to be honest.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 6th October 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #68
Group icon

House Every Weekend is a tune! I remember the week that got to #1 very well biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 2nd November 2020, 09:44 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Oct 6 2020, 08:15 PM) *
House Every Weekend is a tune! I remember the week that got to #1 very well biggrin.gif

A very historic week smile.gif

Thanks for commenting again Pete

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 2nd November 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

D-Block Europe

D-Block Europe, often abbreviated to DBE, is a British hip hop collective from Lewisham, London, consisting of Adam Nathaniel "Young Adz" Williams, Ricky Earl "Dirtbike LB" Banton and occasionaly, Lil Pino. Their name is a reference to American hip-hop group The Lox. Their debut album The Blue Print - Us Vs. Them reached #2 in the UK Albums Chart on 16th October 2020.

320 Home P*ssy
630 Kitchen Kings
948 Nassty (feat. Lil Pino)

Buzzjack’s collective favourite BRIT-nominated British rap duo D-Block Europe manage three entries to my top 1000 of the 2010’s. A DBE song is only as good as it’s hook from Young Adz and that’s why Home P*ssy (2019, #1, EOY #32) ranks highest. The verses are ok but the chorus is a killer and gets stuck in my head for weeks every time I hear it. Kitchen Kings (2019, #9, EOY #49) has enough great chorus but Dirtbike LB’s verse is pretty awful and does drag the song down slightly. Nassty (2018, #15) was DBE’s breakthrough in the chart but took a while to properly grow on me. I always laugh at how hype Lil Pino is for his like 2 bars laugh.gif

Demi Lovato

Demetria Devonne Lovato is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. After appearing in the children's television series Barney & Friends (2002–2004), she rose to prominence for her role in the Disney Channel musical television film Camp Rock (2008), as well as the titular character on Sonny with a Chance (2009–2011).
As of 2017, Billboard reported that Lovato has sold over two million albums and 20 million singles in the US. She has received various awards, including an MTV Video Music Award, 14 Teen Choice Awards, five People's Choice Awards, two Latin American Music Awards, and one Guinness World Record. Outside of music, Lovato served as a judge and mentor on The X Factor USA for two seasons.

467 Heart Attack
529 Skyscraper
618 Cool For The Summer

Heart Attack (2013, #3, EOY #49) ends up as Demi’s highest place song here. The song reached at #3 in both my chart and in the official UK chart where it remains as her highest peaking solo single. I haven’t really gone back to it since 2013 but it’s a nice Disney pop-girl track with strong vocals and a slightly harder and darker edge than what her contemporaries were releasing at the time. While I’ve ranked Skyscraper (2013, #5, EOY #70) lower, I still think this is the best song Demi has ever recorded. The vocals are more subdued than you’d expect but the emotion still comes through. This is the song of hers I’ll be the most likely to listen to nowadays. It’s certainly much better than the Sam Bailey winner’s version. Cool For The Summer (2015, #2, EOY #62) was one of those that I initially loved but it wore off on me rapidly. Listening to it now, it’s been long enough that it’s sounding quite fresh again. I don’t remember the instrumental sounding anything like it does though.

Deorro

Erick Orrosquieta (born August 30, 1991), commonly known by his stage name Deorro, is an American DJ signed to Ultra Records. He formerly used the name TON!C. He was born in Los Angeles to Mexican parents.

811 Five More Hours (Deorro & Chris Brown)

Five More Hours (2015, #3, EOY #96) is a generic but annoyingly catchy dance record that was a moderate hit in my chart in 2015. It feels completely forgotten about now. Watching the video now and I’m only just discovering that Travis Scott is in the video. I had no idea who he was at the time laugh.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 4th November 2020, 09:22 PM
Post #71
Group icon

Three equally horrendous songs there from D-Block Europe tongue.gif The Demi ones are okay but nothing I would particularly choose to listen to.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 8th November 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Desiigner

Sidney Royel Selby III (born May 3, 1997 in Brooklyn, New York), better known by his stage name Desiigner, is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. In December 2015, his debut single "Panda" reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. In February 2016, Kanye West signed him to his GOOD Music imprint. In 2019, he was released from GOOD Music and Def Jam and is currently independent.

281 Panda

Panda (2016, #2, EOY #40) is a Billboard #1 and only notable success from Brooklyn rapper Desiigner. The best part of the song (apart from the adlibs) is the beat which makes it all the more remarkable that it was actually just a vidoe Desiigner saw while browsing YouTube (it was titled “Meek Mill - Ace Hood Type Beat”) and paid $200 to secure the usage-rights for. It was produced by ‘Menace’, a then unheard-of producer from Stockport who’s earned a Grammy-nod and probably a fair larger pay-out after Kanye sampled the track on his TLOP album, for his efforts. Desiigner’s not a great rapper (don’t watch a video of him trying to freestyle) but this song just works and sounds as epic as a mumble-rap hit is ever likely to sound.

Diddy - Dirty Money

Dirty Money was a musical duo consisting of singer-songwriter and dancers Dawn Richard and Kalenna Harper; who were both already signed onto Bad Boy Entertainment before being paired together. Alongside record producer, rapper and label boss Sean Combs, they performed as Diddy – Dirty Money as a super-group collaborative act. They disbanded in 2012.

??? Coming Home

Diddy scored a surprise hit at the start of the decade with ‘Coming Home’, a surprisingly reflective and serious ballad coming from the once producer and general hype-man for Biggie. I loved this at the time and it’s well deserving of it’s place in the top 250.

Disclosure

Disclosure is an English electronic music duo consisting of brothers Howard (born 11 May 1994) and Guy Lawrence (born 25 May 1991). They grew up in Reigate, Surrey. Their debut studio album, Settle, released on 3 June 2013, by PMR Records, was nominated for Best Dance/Electronica Album at the 2014 Grammy Awards.

728 F For You

F For You (2013, #6, EOY #66) is the only Disclosure song to have made any type of impact in my chart. It’s very smooth and only got smoother with the release of the Mary J Blige remix. It’s not one I listen to that regularly anymore but it remains a really good song to nod along to.

~

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Nov 4 2020, 09:22 PM) *
Three equally horrendous songs there from D-Block Europe tongue.gif The Demi ones are okay but nothing I would particularly choose to listen to.

I'm shocked to hear you don't like the DBE tracks laugh.gif

I'm sure there will be some more to your tastes still to come biggrin.gif Thanks for commenting again!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 19th November 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Dizzee Rascal

Dylan Kwabena Mills MBE (born 18 September 1984), better known by his stage name Dizzee Rascal, is a British MC, rapper, songwriter and record producer. A pioneer of grime music, his work has also incorporated elements of UK garage, bassline, British hip hop, and R&B.

Dizzee Rascal released his début album Boy in da Corner in 2003. It earned him the 2003 Mercury Prize, and has since been considered a grime classic. Follow-up albums were critically praised and certified platinum. He has achieved the number-one singles "Dance wiv Me", "Bonkers", "Holiday", "Dirtee Disco" and "Shout".

??? Bassline Junkie
385 Shout (Shout For England ft Dizzee Rascal & James Corden)
480 Goin’ Crazy (ft Robbie Williams)
833 You’ve Got The Dirtee Love (Florence & The Machine ft Dizzee Rascal)
951 The Power (DJ Fresh ft Dizzee Rascal)

Goin’ Crazy (2013, #1, EOY #22) was a smash in the first year of my chart, finishing 8th in the EOY point chart but has not held up for me at all. Even by the end of 2013 I was going off it and I probably haven’t heard it since then. I’m going to listen to it again now and I can just about remember Robbie’s chorus but don’t remember any of Dizzee’s parts. Listening to it again, Dizzee’s verses are uber-forgettable but the chorus is still kinda catchy. Should be left in 2013 where it belongs though. Bassline Junkie has held up much better and is still to come.

DJ Fresh

Daniel Edward Stein (born 11 April 1977), better known by his stage name DJ Fresh, is an English musician, DJ and record producer, best known for making electronic music. He was one of the principal members of the drum and bass group Bad Company, alongside Darren White (dBridge), Jason Maldini and Michael Wojcicki (Vegas). He also owns and runs the drum and bass label Breakbeat Kaos with Adam F. He has 2.8 million record sales, two number one singles and a further eight top 10 singles to his name.

??? Earthquake (DJ Fresh & Diplo ft Dominique Young Unique)
??? Hot Right Now (ft Rita Ora)
635 Dibby Dibby Sound (DJ Fresh vs Jay Fay ft Ms Dynamite)
752 Gold Dust
951 The Power (ft Dizzee Rascal)

DJ Fresh was everywhere at the start of the decade and gained two entries into my top 250 of the decade. His other songs were not able to make the same impact but Dibby Dibby Sound (2014, #4, EOY #97) did scrape a EOY top 100 position in 2014. After initially liking it, I went through a spell of finding it irritating but I ended up doing a full 360 because I’m enjoying it again now. Gold Dust is a really fun, high-energy track that probably deserved to rank a bit higher here. The Power is a song I tried to like at the time because of Dizzee but haven’t even thought about it since release time. Listening to it again now and it kinda bangs. Fresh's music has held up much better than I would have thought.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 26th November 2020, 06:21 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

DJ Kenno

DJ Kenno was the alias of YouTube user Sean Kennedy, who rose to fame in the U.K. after posting a video of himself singing a chant about Wigan Athletic F.C. striker Will Grigg, mirroring the vocal melody of singer/songwriter Gala’s 1997 chart hit "Freed from Desire." The clip quickly went viral, and resulted in a remix from Bristolian deep house production duo Blonde, using the chant as the track’s refrain.

444 Will Grigg’s On Fire

I said Blonde were going to appear again and here they are. Will Grigg’s On Fire (2016, #3, EOY #64) was a chant created by a Wigan supporter to honour striker Will Grigg who was breaking goal-scoring records at the time. Composed to the tune of Gala’s dance classic ‘Freed From Desire’, the fan also created a chant with a similar theme to Alicia Keys’ ‘Girl On Fire’ which didn’t blow up in quite the same way. The song went on to take over Europe after Northern Ireland fans adopted it for their Euro 2016 campaign. Wigan are my 2nd team and I remember going to their final match of the 2015-16 season where they won the title and have fond memories of singing along to this for the whole game, especially when Grigg put Wigan 1-0 up after 10 mins. They ended up losing 4-1 but it didn’t effect the mood.

DJ Khaled

Khaled Mohamed Khaled (born November 26, 1975), better known by his stage name DJ Khaled, is an American DJ, record executive, songwriter, record producer, author, and media personality.

Khaled first gained prominence as a radio host in the 1990s on the radio station 99 Jamz, and translated his popularity by working with Terror Squad as a DJ for their live performances. Khaled released his debut studio album Listennn... the Album in 2006. He founded the record label We the Best Music Group in 2008.

407 I’m The One (ft Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne)
769 For Free (ft Drake)

I’m The One (2017, #2, EOY #24) is a fun collaboration and contains some fun verses from both Quavo and Chance The Rapper. However, I can’t believe how tone-deaf Wayne’s verse is. Seriously just listen to the content in his verse and try to remember it’s meant to be on a “I’m the one for you” song. Bieber is his typical smarmy self but his chorus is very catchy. Another one for Khaled as ‘For Free’ (2016, #9, EOY #69) ends up at 769. It is a little bit Drake-by-numbers but it has that addictive element that keeps you coming back. It’s much better than their two efforts from this year at least.

DJ Snake

William Sami Étienne Grigahcine (born 13 June 1986), better known by his stage name DJ Snake, is a French DJ and record producer from Paris, France. He made his international debut with singles "Bird Machine" and "Turn Down for What" in 2013. Bird Machine was picked up by Mad Decent, a Los Angeles-based record label run by Diplo.

326 Lean On (Major Lazer ft DJ Snake & Mř)
379 Taki Taki (ft Selena Gomez, Ozuna & Cardi B)
481 Turn Down For What (ft Lil Jon)

Completing this section of DJs is Snake with Taki Taki (2018, #2, EOY #55) being his biggest hit in my chart. The song is all about Selena for me. She absolutely kills it, with an ultra-confident and sultry performance; the way she pronounces ‘rumba’ in particularly is gorgeous. Turn Down For What (2014, #3, EOY #80) is one of those songs who’s success relied fully on its video. The songs a bit of a mess which suits Lil Jon’s style but it’s the utter craziness of the video that helped this standout. Feels very of its time.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 29th May 2021, 12:17 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Because I want to actually finish this at some point this decade, I'm going to put a pause on the artists and just start the top 250 countdown now.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 29th May 2021, 12:40 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

250. Ariana Grande - Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart

Album Track from 'My Everything'
Release Date: 25th August 2014
Chart Run: 3-9-17-15-15-18-16-17-15-20 (10 weeks)
Official Peak: DNC
End Of Decade Points Chart: =472

I know I'm not your only, but at least I'm one

Ariana Grande's EOY History:
2014 01 Problem (ft Iggy Azalea) (#51 in 2015)
2014 04 Break Free (ft Zedd)
2014 24 Love Me Harder (ft The Weeknd)
2014 27 Best Mistake (ft Big Sean)
2014 41 The Way (ft Mac Miller)
2014 48 Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
2014 63 Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
2014 75 Break Your Heart Right Back (ft Childish Gambino)
2015 01 Focus (#41 in 2016)
2015 38 One Last Time (#02 in 2017)
2015 51 Problem (ft Iggy Azalea) (#01 in 2014)
2016 02 Into You
2016 03 Dangerous Woman
2016 06 Let Me Love You (ft Lil Wayne)
2016 19 Side To Side (ft Nicki Minaj)
2016 25 Be Alright
2016 41 Focus (#01 in 2015)
2016 93 Bad Decisions
2017 02 One Last Time (#38 in 2015)
2017 36 Quit (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
2017 75 Everyday (ft Future)
2018 01 Breathin
2018 02 Thank U, Next
2018 03 No Tears Left To Cry
2018 07 God Is A Woman
2018 25 The Light Is Coming (ft Nicki Minaj)
2018 53 Everytime
2018 60 Bed (Nicki Minaj ft Ariana Grande)
2018 78 Successful
2019 02 7 Rings
2019 03 Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
2019 04 Monopoly (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
2019 22 Boyfriend (Ariana Grande & Social House)
2019 26 Don't Call Me Angel (Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey)
2019 41 Ghostin
2019 51 Imagine
2019 58 How I Look On You
2019 60 Bad Idea
2019 65 Got Her Own (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
2019 91 NASA

Ariana Grande's EOD History:
2010 250 Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
2010 266 The Light Is Coming (ft Nicki Minaj)
2010 270 Don’t Call Me Angel (Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey)
2010 330 Imagine
2010 339 Everytime
2010 348 Successful
2010 369 Bad Idea
2010 372 The Way (ft Mac Miller)
2010 382 Best Mistake (ft Big Sean)
2010 383 Greedy
2010 395 How I Look On You
2010 399 Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
2010 462 Goodnight n Go
2010 482 Got Her Own (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
2010 525 NASA
2010 560 Everyday (ft Future)
2010 563 R.E.M
2010 565 Needy
2010 579 In My Head
2010 581 Knew Better / Forever Boy
2010 592 Santa Tell Me
2010 607 Thinking Bout You
2010 615 Quit (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
2010 617 Be My Baby (ft Cashmere Cat)
2010 624 Make Up
2010 641 Touch It
2010 655 Sometimes
2010 679 Only 1
2010 687 Get Well Soon
2010 704 Moonlight
2010 715 Better Off
2010 719 Fake Smile
2010 724 Why Try
2010 735 You Don’t Know Me
2010 743 Bed (Nicki Minaj ft Ariana Grande)
2010 772 Leave Me Lonely (ft Macy Gray)
2010 785 Sweetener
2010 799 Hands On Me (ft A$AP Ferg)
2010 817 I Don’t Care
2010 845 My Everything
2010 905 Bloodline
2010 954 Adore (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
2010 961 Blazed (ft Pharrell Williams)
2010 972 Raindrops (An Angel Cried)
2010 986 Pete Davidson
2010 997 Borderline (ft Missy Elliott)

Starting as we mean to go on with Ariana Grande kicking off the countdown. There are 22 Ariana tracks in my top 250 which just shows how much her music has really dominated the last decade of my life. 'My Everything' is comfortably my most-played album, I was listening to it everyday for at least a year so it's no surprise that all of its tracks mean so much to me. Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart is most notable for being written by one Harry Styles and was an instant favourite of mine among the album tracks. It's quite a simple Piano ballad but really gives her vocals an opportunity to stand out and for the emotion to shine through.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 29th May 2021, 01:10 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

249. Eminem - Berzerk

1st Single from 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2'
Release Date: 27th August 2013
Chart Run: 5-3-3-6-9-11-14-12-13-16-(x6)-18-18-20 (13 weeks)
Official Peak: #02
End Of Decade Points Chart: =59

Been Public Enemy since you thought PE was gym, bitch

Eminem's EOY History:
2013 19 Rap God (#34 in 2014)
2013 21 Survival
2013 36 Berzerk
2013 50 The Monster (ft Rihanna)
2014 34 Rap God (#19 in 2013)
2014 38 Calm Down (Busta Rhymes ft Eminem)
2014 40 No Love (ft Lil Wayne)
2015 66 Phenomenal
2015 75 Detroit Vs. Everybody (ft Royce da 5'9", Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf & Trick Trick)
2017 22 No Favors (Big Sean ft Eminem)
2017 51 Walk On Water (ft Beyoncé)
2018 05 Killshot
2018 14 River (ft Ed Sheeran)
2018 22 The Ringer
2018 34 Venom
2018 35 Lucky You (ft Joyner Lucas)
2018 80 Remind Me
2018 84 Normal

Eminem's EOD History:
2010 249 Berzerk
2010 296 Venom
2010 421 Lucky You (ft Joyner Lucas)
2010 440 Remind Me
2010 457 Normal
2010 458 The Monster (ft Rihanna)
2010 555 Not Afraid
2010 559 Walk On Water (ft Beyoncé)
2010 616 Phenomenal
2010 774 Detroit Vs. Everybody (ft Royce da 5'9", Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf & Trick Trick)
2010 824 In Your Head
2010 892 Untouchable
2010 911 Offended

This is a song that has had a weird projectory for me. I originally latched on to it because it was a new Eminem lead single but I ended up favouring the other singles more and this would have been nowhere near this high if I had done the rankings in 2016 but now I'd say it's probably the TMMLP2 track I would go back to first. This has just held up so much better than 'Survival' or 'Rap God' with the Rick Rubin produced, Beastie Boys style throwback sounding so fresh. This was beat to the official number one by Wrecking Ball which still stings a little bit.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 29th May 2021, 01:30 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

248. Ariana Grande feat. Childish Gambino - Break Your Heart Right Back

Album Track from 'My Everything'
Release Date: 25th August 2014
Chart Run: 16-8-11-16-14-13-16-15-20-(x10)-20 (10 weeks)
Official Peak: DNC
End Of Decade Points Chart: =516

Yes, I'm a G, from the A, and they ask why

Ariana Grande's EOY History:
2014 04 Break Free (ft Zedd)
2014 24 Love Me Harder (ft The Weeknd)
2014 27 Best Mistake (ft Big Sean)
2014 41 The Way (ft Mac Miller)
2014 48 Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
2014 63 Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
2014 75 Break Your Heart Right Back (ft Childish Gambino)
2015 01 Focus (#41 in 2016)
2015 38 One Last Time (#02 in 2017)
2016 02 Into You
2016 03 Dangerous Woman
2016 06 Let Me Love You (ft Lil Wayne)
2016 19 Side To Side (ft Nicki Minaj)
2016 25 Be Alright
2016 41 Focus (#01 in 2015)
2016 93 Bad Decisions
2017 02 One Last Time (#38 in 2015)
2017 36 Quit (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
2017 75 Everyday (ft Future)
2018 01 Breathin
2018 02 Thank U, Next
2018 03 No Tears Left To Cry
2018 07 God Is A Woman
2018 25 The Light Is Coming (ft Nicki Minaj)
2018 53 Everytime
2018 60 Bed (Nicki Minaj ft Ariana Grande)
2018 78 Successful
2019 02 7 Rings
2019 03 Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
2019 04 Monopoly (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
2019 22 Boyfriend (Ariana Grande & Social House)
2019 26 Don't Call Me Angel (Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey)
2019 41 Ghostin
2019 51 Imagine
2019 58 How I Look On You
2019 60 Bad Idea
2019 65 Got Her Own (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
2019 91 NASA

Childish Gambino's EOY History:
2014 21 3005
2014 75 Break Your Heart Right Back (Ariana Grande ft Childish Gambino)
2014 85 Sweatpants (ft Problem)
2015 50 Sober
2017 04 Redbone
2018 21 This Is America
2018 59 Feels Like Summer
2019 43 Monster (21 Savage ft Childish Gambino)

Ariana Grande's EOD History:
2010 248 Break Your Heart Right Back (ft Childish Gambino)
2010 250 Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
2010 266 The Light Is Coming (ft Nicki Minaj)
2010 270 Don’t Call Me Angel (Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey)
2010 330 Imagine
2010 339 Everytime
2010 348 Successful
2010 369 Bad Idea
2010 372 The Way (ft Mac Miller)
2010 382 Best Mistake (ft Big Sean)
2010 383 Greedy
2010 395 How I Look On You
2010 399 Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
2010 462 Goodnight n Go
2010 482 Got Her Own (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
2010 525 NASA
2010 560 Everyday (ft Future)
2010 563 R.E.M
2010 565 Needy
2010 579 In My Head
2010 581 Knew Better / Forever Boy
2010 592 Santa Tell Me
2010 607 Thinking Bout You
2010 615 Quit (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
2010 617 Be My Baby (ft Cashmere Cat)
2010 624 Make Up
2010 641 Touch It
2010 655 Sometimes
2010 679 Only 1
2010 687 Get Well Soon
2010 704 Moonlight
2010 715 Better Off
2010 719 Fake Smile
2010 724 Why Try
2010 735 You Don’t Know Me
2010 743 Bed (Nicki Minaj ft Ariana Grande)
2010 772 Leave Me Lonely (ft Macy Gray)
2010 785 Sweetener
2010 799 Hands On Me (ft A$AP Ferg)
2010 817 I Don’t Care
2010 845 My Everything
2010 905 Bloodline
2010 954 Adore (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
2010 961 Blazed (ft Pharrell Williams)
2010 972 Raindrops (An Angel Cried)
2010 986 Pete Davidson
2010 997 Borderline (ft Missy Elliott)

Childish Gambino's EOD History:
2010 248 Break Your Heart Right Back (Ariana Grande ft Childish Gambino)
2010 274 This Is America
2010 286 Monster (21 Savage ft Childish Gambino)
2010 461 Sober
2010 557 Feels Like Summer

We quickly move on to out 2nd appearance from Ariana and indeed the 2nd track from 'My Everything'. This one features a guest verse from a man who will popping up a couple more times, Childish Gambino and heavily relies on a Diana Ross's 'I'm Coming Out' with Gambino also referencing another song that famously used the same sample 'Mo Money Mo Problems'. The song shows confronting a boyfriend that cheats on her with another man and paired with the sample, it really makes the song bang. This song is just such a fun moment and hearing her perform it in the Sweetener World Tour was pure energy across the crowd.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 30th May 2021, 12:52 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

247. Iggy Azalea - Bounce

2nd Single from 'The New Classic'
Release Date: 27th May 2013
Chart Run: 2-1-3-2-4-3-4-4-9-10-14-15 (12 weeks)
Official Peak: #13
End Of Decade Points Chart: 44

Watch your mouth drop real low

Iggy Azalea's EOY History:
2013 07 Change Your Life (ft T.I.)
2013 13 Bounce
2013 25 Work
2014 02 Fancy (ft Charli XCX)
2014 19 Black Widow (ft Rita Ora)
2014 47 No Mediocre (T.I. ft Iggy Azalea)
2018 56 Kream (ft Tyga)

Iggy Azalea's EOD History:
2010 247 Bounce
2010 278 Black Widow (ft Rita Ora)
2010 347 Work
2010 452 No Mediocre (T.I. ft Iggy Azalea)
2010 463 Kream (ft Tyga)

Iggy had faded away by the end of the decade but in the 2013-2014 period that saw the first year of my chart she was a certified hitmaker and her first to make an appearance in my chart was Bounce. I can't say it's a song I have found myself going back to for quite a few years now but it earned it's place here by being one of the first massive smashes in my chart's history. The song is a EDM-pop-trap hybrid with a Bollywood inspired video. It's one of those summery type of records where the lyrics are not at all important and the sole purpose it to make you have a good time. Iggy's vocals can slightly dabble in the annoying category at times and it's the beat, with it's occasional slight South-Asian influences, that makes the song what it is.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 31st May 2021, 12:33 PM
Post #80
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

246. Wiley feat. Ms D - Heatwave

1st Single from 'The Ascent'
Release Date: 27th July 2012
Chart Run: n/a
Official Peak: #01
End Of Decade Points Chart: n/a

I wanna get a slush puppy with both flavours

Wiley's EOY History:
2016 32 Where Are You Now (Lady Leshurr ft Wiley)

Ms D's EOY History:
n/a

Wiley's EOD History:
2010 246 Heatwave (ft Ms D)
2010 294 Can You Hear Me (Ayayaya) (ft Skepta, Jme & Ms D)
2010 388 Where Are You Now (Lady Leshurr ft Wiley)
2010 478 Pow 2011 (Lethal Bizzle ft Jme, Wiley, Chipmunk, Face, P Money, Ghetts & Kano)
2010 933 Take That (Wiley & Chew Fu)

Ms D's EOD History:
2010 246 Heatwave (Wiley ft Ms D)
2010 294 Can You Hear Me (Ayayaya) (Wiley ft Skepta, Jme & Ms D)

The start of the decade was a very different time for UK hip-hop scene. It was doing well commercially with all the big artists releasing the most mainstream music of their career. While they have all since gone back to their heaver grime roots, Skepta, Chipmunk, Dizzee Rascal and especially Wiley were bringing out a constant sling of pop radio hits. One of the most successful releases of all was 'Heatwave' which gave Wiley his only #1 outside of Roll Deep. It's another summery anthem that is sounding great in this weather but is a bit on the cheesy side. Wiley has obviously disowned this era of his music with the official video deleted from YouTube. This is the first song so far that predated my chart.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:23 AM