BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
28 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Formerly Forthcoming Tory leadership race
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 01:51 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ May 24 2019, 10:10 AM) *
You unfortunately won't ever get him to see that, sadly.

I don't particularly WANT no deal but just want us out at any cost ASAP as I know many other Brexiteers do too. We feel we've been lied to and shafted big time.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 24 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
A Boris PM will bring about independence for Scotland. That is literally the only non-depressing thing about it

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 24 2019, 02:08 PM
Post #63
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 02:42 PM) *
I hope the Tory MP's and then party members do the right thing this time and elect Boris as PM. He'll trounce Corbyn in the next election by getting out there and bring his great personality, fun and quips to the whole country.

Yes, what I look for in a Prime Minister is fun and quips

+Quote this post
Jester
post May 24 2019, 02:09 PM
Post #64
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 02:51 PM) *
I don't particularly WANT no deal but just want us out at any cost ASAP as I know many other Brexiteers do too. We feel we've been lied to and shafted big time.

At any cost? Selfish selfish selfish.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 24 2019, 02:42 PM
Post #65
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Jester @ May 24 2019, 03:09 PM) *
At any cost? Selfish selfish selfish.

There’s no point arguing with Chris. Unfortunately like many people they just want Brexit done at any cost. Many people don’t realise what that cost is actually going to be to them until it happens. It’s also why an elected democracy does not want us to leave without no deal.

+Quote this post
mald487
post May 24 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091
QUOTE(Rooney @ May 24 2019, 02:42 PM) *
There’s no point arguing with Chris. Unfortunately like many people they just want Brexit done at any cost. Many people don’t realise what that cost is actually going to be to them until it happens. It’s also why an elected democracy does not want us to leave without no deal.

I think at this point it's unfortunately a realistic possibility. I agree with what's been said above that it will literally tear this country apart from years. The only small silver lining will be seeing those who were wetting their knickers over a no-deal Brexit have to live with the consequences. Hopefully they suffer and their lives are permenantly disrupted to a certain extent.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post May 24 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
I don't think I have mentally prepared myself for Boris as PM.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post May 24 2019, 02:57 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
QUOTE(mald487 @ May 24 2019, 03:55 PM) *
I think at this point it's unfortunately a realistic possibility. I agree with what's been said above that it will literally tear this country apart from years. The only small silver lining will be seeing those who were wetting their knickers over a no-deal Brexit have to live with the consequences. Hopefully they suffer and their lives are permenantly disrupted to a certain extent.

There will always be something else to blame, and it won't be No Deal Brexit.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: May 24 2019, 02:58 PM

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post May 24 2019, 04:45 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Am I the only one who doesn't necessarily like that May's resigned? Don't get me wrong, I don't like her and she was completely incompetent. But the replacements for her are far worse and her can-kicking made the prospect of a people's vote or another referendum more likely.

I feel the EU will get fed up and pretty much give us an ultimatum come October if nothing is still agreed - either leave with no deal or retract Article 50 and remain part of the EU. If we get a PM that's more for a hard brexit, I fear we'll be looking at a no deal come October.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Rooney @ May 24 2019, 03:42 PM) *

Look we just want the referendum result to be honoured. The EU gave us a reasonable deal. Out of boredom late one night I researched the small print and it's far from perfect but would be acceptable and MP's should have voted for it. Serves them right if we do crash out with No Deal.

The EU will surely lose patience with us soon and refuse any more extensions. They'll say revoke or no deal.

Boris is reported as saying today that he's quite prepared for us to leave with no deal.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: May 24 2019, 05:19 PM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 24 2019, 05:24 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 02:42 PM) *
I hope the Tory MP's and then party members do the right thing this time and elect Boris as PM. He'll trounce Corbyn in the next election by getting out there and bring his great personality, fun and quips to the whole country.

How does being a serial liar count as having a great personality? How does being supremely lazy qualify someone for the office of Prime Minister at any time, let alone now? I want a PM who is competent, not fun.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 24 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 02:51 PM) *

But most of the lies came from Johnson and Farage.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Most political commentators today and in fact many Tory MP's that I've heard on the new channels seem to think Boris will be the next PM.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 24 2019, 05:27 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 06:16 PM) *
Look we just want the referendum result to be honoured. The EU gave us a reasonable deal. Out of boredom late one night I researched the small print and it's far from perfect but would be acceptable and MP's should have voted for it. Serves them right if we do crash out with No Deal.

The EU will surely lose patience with us soon and refuse any more extensions. They'll say revoke or no deal.

Boris is reported as saying today that he's quite prepared for us to leave with no deal.

An advisory referendum cannot be honoured. A referendum won by fraud should not be honoured.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 05:27 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 24 2019, 06:24 PM) *
How does being a serial liar count as having a great personality? How does being supremely lazy qualify someone for the office of Prime Minister at any time, let alone now? I want a PM who is competent, not fun.

How is he lazy? He's held down the job of London Mayor and turned up to grillings and meetings. He served as Foreign Secretary which is a strenuous job with lots of foreign travel.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 24 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 06:27 PM) *
How is he lazy? He's held down the job of London Mayor and turned up to grillings and meetings. He served as Foreign Secretary which is a strenuous job with lots of foreign travel.

As Foreign Secretary he was too lazy to bother reading the briefings prepared for him. That's how he made so many gaffes.

What did he actually achieve as London Mayor? What are these "grillings" to which he was subjected. Do you mean the occasions when he just insulted anyone who asked a vaguely difficult question?

He was sacked from one job because he was too lazy to get some genuine quotes for an article and just made them up.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 24 2019, 06:33 PM) *
What did he actually achieve as London Mayor? What are these "grillings" to which he was subjected. Do you mean the occasions when he just insulted anyone who asked a vaguely difficult question?

The regular grillings of the Mayor. Used to watch them live on BBC Parliament and he came across very informed and knowledgeable about all the subjects.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: May 24 2019, 05:39 PM

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post May 24 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #78
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

"...making up quotes, lying to your party leader, wanting to be part of someone being physically assaulted - you’re a nasty piece of work aren’t you?"

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 24 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 06:37 PM) *
The regular grillings of the Mayor. Used to watch them live on BBC Parliament and he came across very informed and knowledgeable about all the subjects.

So you do mean the "grillings" where he answere4d difficult questions with insults.

I'm still waiting for an example of anything he actually achieved as mayor.

Of course, it would be wrong to overlook some of his other pronouncements. Like, for example, his description of an investigation into alleged child abuse that resulted in no prosecutions as "spaffing money up the wall".

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post May 24 2019, 05:51 PM
Post #80
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
People who know my moral persuasion will be able to pinpoint exactly why I dislike Boris Johnson.

As I've said before, I can't see him being PM, as I can't see him being voted into the final two by his fellow Conservative MPs, regardless of who puts themselves forward for the leadership. I can't make a prediction as two which two they will be until we see who is running, but I think one of them will be someone none of us would have initially expected (no-one would've predicted Andrea Leadsom would have made the final two last time, mainly because no-one had heard of her until that point).

+Quote this post

28 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:06 AM