BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
28 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Formerly Forthcoming Tory leadership race
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post May 24 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #81
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 06:27 PM) *
How is he lazy? He's held down the job of London Mayor and turned up to grillings and meetings. He served as Foreign Secretary which is a strenuous job with lots of foreign travel.

And was paid through the nose for it! Not much I wouldn't do for that kind of money never mind sitting in on a few meetings a week and every now and then giving a speech!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 24 2019, 06:03 PM
Post #82
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 06:16 PM) *
Look we just want the referendum result to be honoured. The EU gave us a reasonable deal. Out of boredom late one night I researched the small print and it's far from perfect but would be acceptable and MP's should have voted for it. Serves them right if we do crash out with No Deal.

The EU will surely lose patience with us soon and refuse any more extensions. They'll say revoke or no deal.

Boris is reported as saying today that he's quite prepared for us to leave with no deal.

The thing is though Chris, the Backbenchers that orchestrated May's departure are the ones that voted against her deal. If all her party support (including DUP) voted for it, it would pass, we would have Brexit. But they have not. This is for me why it is unacceptable to have No Deal, it is not what the people voted for in the Referendum.

Everybody is going to say they favour No Deal because they need to say the right things to get elected. I still can't see No Deal happening and if it happens through default then it's going to cause carnage both socially and politically.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 24 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 02:42 PM) *
I hope the Tory MP's and then party members do the right thing this time and elect Boris as PM. He'll trounce Corbyn in the next election by getting out there and bring his great personality, fun and quips to the whole country.

well if we're going for unscrupulous lying comedians with great personalities who cheat on their wives and waste 100's of millions of pounds of tax payers money on failed projects when in power, and are useless in their most-recent jobs (I speak on behalf of his fellow-Tories and staff, not my opinion) who couldn't even vote for the Brexit deal that he promised and had dangled in front of him, comprising pretty much what he claimed during the referendum - then yes he would be perfect to tear the UK apart.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 24 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 06:16 PM) *
Look we just want the referendum result to be honoured. The EU gave us a reasonable deal. Out of boredom late one night I researched the small print and it's far from perfect but would be acceptable and MP's should have voted for it. Serves them right if we do crash out with No Deal.

The EU will surely lose patience with us soon and refuse any more extensions. They'll say revoke or no deal.

Boris is reported as saying today that he's quite prepared for us to leave with no deal.

I agree they gave us a reasonable deal. Boris, though, didn't vote for it and has slagged it off throughout. He just wants to be PM at any cost, even if it tears the UK apart. Don't take my word for it though, one of my Tory friends has worked for him in his last job (and his successors and predecessors) and nobody who really knows him well thinks he's any good at anything except promoting Boris Johnson.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 24 2019, 07:30 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Here's a nice fact: in the last 23 years the Tories have had a majority for only 2 years. In that 2 years they managed to f*** up the country big time and most of the perpetrators all f***ed off, resigned and turned away from their promises.

You'd have to be insane to believe anything they ever say again.....

+Quote this post
Steve201
post May 24 2019, 09:41 PM
Post #86
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
It is a good fact.

They have rarely had a true majority since 2010 even which shows the consequences of Thatcherism.

Graham Brady & Steve Baker are said to be thinking of standing.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post May 24 2019, 10:08 PM
Post #87
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Good quote on newsnight about May: 'A Dutiful person in an age of fundamentalists'

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
Amber Rudd hints she could work with Boris and support him.

From The Telegraph. There's more but it's behind a paywall.

"Amber Rudd hints she would work with Boris Johnson as she rules herself out of Tory leadership race

Amber Rudd has signalled she could work with Boris Johnson if he becomes Prime Minister as she formally rules herself out of the Tory leadership race.

The Work and Pensions secretary left the door open to the creation of a ‘Bamber’ joint leadership ticket in next month’s battle to succeed Theresa May.

Amid speculation she could become Mr Johnson’s Chancellor, she said "would like to lower taxes – we have to be the low tax party because people have certain expectations and they need to be able to look after their own money"

Ms Rudd also waded into the row over the UK’s new mobile 5G network, saying “we should be able to do business with China and Huawei”.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: May 24 2019, 10:19 PM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
First female Chancellor. Bamber - bring it on!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post May 24 2019, 10:21 PM
Post #90
Group icon
No doubt she would lower taxes on the rich.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 24 2019, 10:22 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(TheJüpreme @ May 24 2019, 11:21 PM) *
No doubt she would lower taxes on the rich.

She has reportedly said that taxes need lowering.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: May 24 2019, 10:23 PM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 24 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 11:18 PM) *
Amber Rudd hints she could work with Boris and support him.

From The Telegraph. There's more but it's behind a paywall.

"Amber Rudd hints she would work with Boris Johnson as she rules herself out of Tory leadership race

Amber Rudd has signalled she could work with Boris Johnson if he becomes Prime Minister as she formally rules herself out of the Tory leadership race.

The Work and Pensions secretary left the door open to the creation of a ‘Bamber’ joint leadership ticket in next month’s battle to succeed Theresa May.

Amid speculation she could become Mr Johnson’s Chancellor, she said "would like to lower taxes – we have to be the low tax party because people have certain expectations and they need to be able to look after their own money"

Ms Rudd also waded into the row over the UK’s new mobile 5G network, saying “we should be able to do business with China and Huawei”.

Maybe it's time to go back to what she said about Johnson in the referendum campaign. Of course, there is no such thing as a joint ticket. There is one vacancy. Any talk of a joint ticket is complete nonsense.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post May 24 2019, 11:52 PM
Post #93
Group icon
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 11:22 PM) *

Aye, but no doubt that will mean lowering them for those that are already loaded, and keeping them as they are for those of us with no money.

I don't understand why people with less money vote for someone like that.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post May 25 2019, 08:35 AM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 24 2019, 11:27 PM) *
Maybe it's time to go back to what she said about Johnson in the referendum campaign. Of course, there is no such thing as a joint ticket. There is one vacancy. Any talk of a joint ticket is complete nonsense.

Yes but she fancies herself as the first female Chancellor apparently but only if Boris categorically rules out NO DEAL but he won't.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 25 2019, 09:13 AM
Post #95
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 25 2019, 09:35 AM) *
Yes but she fancies herself as the first female Chancellor apparently but only if Boris categorically rules out NO DEAL but he won't.

But this is what I can't get, it's OK saying he won't rule out No Deal, but how are they going to get it through Parliment? They're not without a 2nd Referendum or a General Election.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post May 25 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #96
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
No Deal under Johnson I reckon will happen but by there being less of a resistance to do anything else once time runs out - the only way it can happen.

QUOTE(TheJüpreme @ May 24 2019, 11:52 PM) *
Aye, but no doubt that will mean lowering them for those that are already loaded, and keeping them as they are for those of us with no money.

I don't understand why people with less money vote for someone like that.

I believe it's important to understand why people against me hold the views they do and from what I can understand, the legit ones fall into one of two camps, they're a) considering that a policy of lower taxes will affect them positively when their tax breaks come, not liking the idea of higher taxes at all because of a general distrust of government spending, or b) beholden to a philosophy where since the rich have mostly earned their money, they should get benefits and incentives for contributing positively to the economy.

I consider this misguided, with too much trust placed in the capitalist market to distribute funds fairly, and I would prefer money for public services to be seen by an authority (the government) that doesn't have its number 1 goal profit motive, but there is a little bit of logic to it.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post May 25 2019, 01:00 PM
Post #97
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Amber Rudd is desperate to be PM, she knows she can't now because of Brexit but wants to hang in there!

No Deal will never get through Parliament, there'd be a constitutional crisis if a PM tried to put t through.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 25 2019, 01:45 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 24 2019, 11:22 PM) *

which means cuts cuts cuts, to pensions, to dole claimers, to the NHS, to Council services. Just when you think they can't cut any more.....They promise they can.

Still, it'll get rid of shit-loads of old people, people in care and need, and mean the healthy young and fit wont have to pay for the elderly. Just like America then. Get ill, die.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 25 2019, 02:08 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Iz~ @ May 25 2019, 01:52 PM) *
No Deal under Johnson I reckon will happen but by there being less of a resistance to do anything else once time runs out - the only way it can happen.
I believe it's important to understand why people against me hold the views they do and from what I can understand, the legit ones fall into one of two camps, they're a) considering that a policy of lower taxes will affect them positively when their tax breaks come, not liking the idea of higher taxes at all because of a general distrust of government spending, or b) beholden to a philosophy where since the rich have mostly earned their money, they should get benefits and incentives for contributing positively to the economy.

I consider this misguided, with too much trust placed in the capitalist market to distribute funds fairly, and I would prefer money for public services to be seen by an authority (the government) that doesn't have its number 1 goal profit motive, but there is a little bit of logic to it.

If Boris tried to go against Parliament and bring in No Deal, that may lead to No Confidence vote he will lose, which means a General Election, which means Tories will probably get slaughtered even with BoJo, given all the lies he's told previous about Brexit, and the way he voted against the deal he was responsible for in the first place - he said NOTHING about leaving with NO Deal in the referendum and not everyone who voted Leave may be persuaded that that is what they voted for and were promised.

Tax: Everyone hates paying it and people never think logically about it. When people see their family dying from NHS slashing, their kids getting shit education, their state benefits cut, in order to pay for it, then anyone who is a net benefitter (ie someone who pays no tax, is on poor wages, has lots of kids, has elderly relatives who aren't well-off) would have to be insane to vote for it.

When the well-off decide they want to pay less tax, but keep the taxes on the poorer parts of society, then what they are doing is increasing instability in a country where they benefit from having cushy jobs and businesses. That can also change very quickly if society becomes unfair. The more unhappy people there are, the more unstable it gets, and the more likely the cushy jobs end up not so cushy until the poor outnumber the well-off and vote for a party that will change that.

After 10 years of austerity, any party saying "that went well, everyone got pissed off royally and blamed immigrants. Let's see if we can keep blaming immigrants once we're out of Europe and opt for another decade or two of austerity" is going to be seen through fairly quickly, especially if other parties are saying "let's tax the selfish rich who have had more than enough for the last 10 years". The rich depend on the poor agreeing to the system that keeps them rich. Either pay a fair share or piss off along with all the tax-dodging corporations who have relocated abroad to tax havens, and we'll see about taxing the goods and services as they enter the country instead since the jobs have already gone and someone else might wish to set up a UK based competitor so the more expensive now-foreign goods can go whistle.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 25 2019, 02:23 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
To all the 2-faced liars paying lip-service tribute to T. May (failed) and her crocodile tears (aka feeling sorry for her own self-imposed sacking) this thread is a good reminder of the real sort of person she is:

https://twitter.com/MuldoonBarbara/status/1...912846433017856

Someone who has no sympathy for the misfortunes of others doesn't deserve sympathy for losing a job (with bags of cash stashed away and a whole world of opportunities open to her) just cos she was crap....

+Quote this post

28 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:36 AM