BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
50 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection, 28th June ● 7th UK number one
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
davidas
post 2nd May 2019, 09:37 AM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 70,067

Really disappointed by this.

How can they exclude Into the blue, when it was the lead single on Kiss Me Once and performed pretty well in the charts.

1 new song... what is the point??

Chocolate and Giving You Up are also Kylie classics in my opinion and both peaked at #6 in the charts, so why are they being excluded over songs which didn't even/barely scrape the top 40?

Could have been SO much better sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 2nd May 2019, 09:41 AM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

Jay-Z probably wanted a cut of any £££ from Kiss Me Once so they omit it.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd May 2019, 09:43 AM
Post #83
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ May 2 2019, 10:11 AM) *
i like it all.

more sales....

people who complain get a life. its £9.99 ..... you cant buy a packet of cigarettes for that and its much more healthy to have a dose of Kylie

I don’t smoke though xox

...and I’m not buying any of these formats. I find them all very unappealing, unfortunately. The cassettes in particular look unattractive and are excessively priced. The vinyl only being half of the track list is very disappointing to me... the opportunity to do a lavish 4xLP box set including every track was surely there.

It comes across to me as being a very low effort project, right down to not even taking a new picture for the cover. So this is all a bit of a fail for me, sadly.

I’ll probably feel in the mood to stream the album when the time comes, but that’s it.

Please don’t be aggressive and say things like “get a life”, because that could equally be thrown back at people who buy any or all of the formats, and that’s not nice either... so don’t go the other way with it. Let people react how they want - whether that’s to make the decision to not buy anything, or to buy everything, or somewhere in between. You do you, but don’t insult others.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 2nd May 2019, 09:50 AM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

get a life is not aggressive and certainly wasn't meant to be.

she doesnt force people to buy things and she only has 5 different cassettes etc because people buy them! lol

its obvious something like this was going to come out as this is what these concerts are for and Glastonbury.

She is not going to stand there and sing a whole new album at Glastonbury..... like any other artist she will do a collection of her hits.

i only ever buy 1 CD and i am a huge fan but some fans like the whole package and some (not me) can afford to buy the £130 package without even thinking of the price etc

This post has been edited by SmileyKylie: 2nd May 2019, 09:52 AM

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 2nd May 2019, 10:16 AM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Looks like we will get New York City at 8.30am tomorrow after its first play on Radio 2 Zoe Ball.

should just release it at midnight and get it high on itunes before general public here it and some casual fans buy but hey. All good All good.

Its never going to chart, would be nice for a top 100 though

+Quote this post
Monzo
post 2nd May 2019, 11:02 AM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349

This Definitve will be on my wish list for Christmas, don't need to spend any money for it.

Tracklist could've been better, could've been worse. When it comes to listening to a Kylie Best of, I will prefer Ultimate.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 2nd May 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I understand wanting to release a hits collection for Glastonbury — a massive emotional moment for her, but this is disappointingly lazy. It's 2019, streaming exists, and she already has numerous hits packages. Make it the actual 'Definitive Collection' — every single ever released, collaborations, reworks, demos, unreleased material, etc. Make it something worthwhile for the fans, rather than just another thing to buy.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 2nd May 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

I love this and think fans were quite dillusional over what they expected, 42 tracks ffs, this was never gonna be a 3cd release, some fans were always gonna be disappointed their favs aren’t there. My only gripe is I wish there was a dvd release of videos too.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 2nd May 2019, 12:53 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(blacksquare @ May 2 2019, 01:01 PM) *
I understand wanting to release a hits collection for Glastonbury — a massive emotional moment for her, but this is disappointingly lazy. It's 2019, streaming exists, and she already has numerous hits packages. Make it the actual 'Definitive Collection' — every single ever released, collaborations, reworks, demos, unreleased material, etc. Make it something worthwhile for the fans, rather than just another thing to buy.

It would have been nice to have had a few new tracks, ones that had proper placing on the album, but that's my only criticism really. The collection is much more definitive than I thought it would be; only a few losses but that's inevitable with any compilation. Ultimate Kylie is long out of stock and isn't even on streaming sites, so I'm glad that's about to be rectified with this release. I think it would have been good to have a third disc for the fans that included the Top 40 hits that missed out on the main edition and perhaps some fan favourites and B-sides - maybe have got the fans to vote for tracks that could appear, a bit like I think Girls Aloud did with Ten. So I do agree that more could have been done to make this more worthwhile for the fans, but in terms of the result we got I think this album is necessary and not a complete waste of time.

The artwork is definitely lazy though. The colour scheme is bland and the execution of the image itself isn't very striking. If they wanted to play with the theme of time and use the concept they did, would it really have taken much effort to do a new photoshoot?

I hope one day we'll get a B-Sides & Rarities type of album or at least make them available to stream.

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 2nd May 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551

I do like the cover concept. I have a lot of admiration for whoever noticed she had 12 letters in her name, and used it so beautifully. But while that pose lends itself well to the composition, I would've preferred a new photo.

That said, I'm so happy Kylie has this coming out in time for Glastonbury. Really hope it helps bring her music to a new generation. It'll be a life-changing discovery for some young'uns, I'm sure.

This post has been edited by Michael Andrew: 2nd May 2019, 02:02 PM

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 2nd May 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

they can still add tracks to Spotify and download edition....... i think we will see another track added before Glasto.....

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 2nd May 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

I don't understand why they could't fit a third disc into it.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 2nd May 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

QUOTE(Red Blooded Man @ May 2 2019, 03:21 PM) *
I don't understand why they could't fit a third disc into it.

Probably wasn’t cost effective

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd May 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #94
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

The 2 CD release should have been for the casuals (stocking it in supermarkets, HMV, Amazon etc) but there also should have been a 3 CD web store exclusive for the fans, that included all the main singles and some bonuses. Now that I would have thrown some money at.

A 3 CD release would have been far more worthwhile than 5 cassettes. I know that the cassettes are made for additional sales, but... you can push a gimmick too far and I feel that they have done here. One or two cassettes would be cute, but five is a lazy cash grab because they know some fans won’t be able to resist having all variants. I obviously understand that no one is forced to buy them all, but it’s not about that. I just think the concept of it is driven by greed, and not by quality.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 2nd May 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I agree, the cassette thing was cute for a while but the novelty has definitely worn off now. I think a 3 disc version would have been more worthwhile too but I guess they've learned they can spend little money making cassettes and get quite a bit back from them.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 2nd May 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Article from OCC highlighting the songs that have been missed off - https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/k...lection__26213/

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 2nd May 2019, 05:51 PM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ May 2 2019, 10:11 AM) *
i like it all.

more sales....

people who complain get a life. its £9.99 ..... you cant buy a packet of cigarettes for that and its much more healthy to have a dose of Kylie

You seem to always reference the cost of things then don’t buy all the formats yourself?! tongue.gif I’ve already pre-ordered the £130 bundle BUT it’s a total rip off especially the number of cassettes released and the fact this has given us nothing new at all. I could literally make a Spotify playlist of the songs.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 2nd May 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ May 2 2019, 03:47 PM) *
The 2 CD release should have been for the casuals (stocking it in supermarkets, HMV, Amazon etc) but there also should have been a 3 CD web store exclusive for the fans, that included all the main singles and some bonuses. Now that I would have thrown some money at.

A 3 CD release would have been far more worthwhile than 5 cassettes. I know that the cassettes are made for additional sales, but... you can push a gimmick too far and I feel that they have done here. One or two cassettes would be cute, but five is a lazy cash grab because they know some fans won’t be able to resist having all variants. I obviously understand that no one is forced to buy them all, but it’s not about that. I just think the concept of it is driven by greed, and not by quality.

Totally agree on the cassettes - they pushed it too far with ‘Golden’ as the Xmas version proved and now they have gone totally overboard with the GH, if it was offering something different (eg: different sleeves etc.,) then I’d get it but different coloured cassettes don’t really add much!

+Quote this post
vibe
post 2nd May 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

I will miss did it again

Hardcore fans moaning about track listing , you can make your own ! This is a great collection for casual fans and ties in with Glastonbury nicely .

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 2nd May 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #100
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Someone quickly remind me, hive mind - where is the original photo for the cover from?

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st May 2024, 04:35 PM