BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nicki & Cardi B fight it out!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
NellyEverySundae
post Sep 8 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #1
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
What in the world!?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Sep 8 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Omfg!!! I was admiring Cardi not commenting on all the things Nicki said laugh.gif I’m speechless 😂

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Sep 8 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
is in hibernation
deleted, blurry image

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Sep 8 2018, 11:42 AM

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 8 2018, 12:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
You just don't talk about somebody's kid

Scary ass bitch

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 8 2018, 12:27 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Regardless of the rift and comments from whoever, violence isn’t the way imo.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Sep 8 2018, 01:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Nicki just stood cowering behind her guards laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Sep 8 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
I don’t know why Cardi thought that would be appropriate to be honest, she might’ve single-handedly gotten herself black-balled from any future fashion events - This is definitely going to backfire on her.

Once ratchet, always ratchet drama.gif

Apparently it was one of Nicki’s entourage which made a comment about her child when Cardi approached her.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 8 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Whether it was Nicki or someone she was with who made comments, they should have known better as well.

I do agree this will back fire on her though.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Sep 8 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
So am I the only person who isn’t allowed to mention Cardi in this AF?

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Sep 8 2018, 01:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
QUOTE(Jαsє @ Sep 8 2018, 02:07 PM) *
Nicki just stood cowering behind her guards laugh.gif laugh.gif

Fair enough though? The whole thing is embarrassing...

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 8 2018, 01:37 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Cqmerqn @ Sep 8 2018, 02:31 PM) *
So am I the only person who isn’t allowed to mention Cardi in this AF?

Hilarious. In a thread which is a CLEAR discussion about the two this topic is fine. Shoehorning your love for Cardi on a Nicki topic to create drama or unrelated discussion isn’t.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Sep 8 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #12
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I literally burst out laughing when I saw this laugh.gif

I read that Nicki said Cardi was a bad mother or something and thats when the shoe came out but idk

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Sep 8 2018, 10:06 PM
Post #13
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Well no doubt everyone (media, twitter etc.) will side with fun 'ratchet' reality star Cardi who just HAPPENS to be younger and paler than Nicki.

'Stood behind her guards cowardly' is one way of putting it, on the other hand you could frame that as Nicki not letting her bait her into getting involved and making the whole thing even worse. You don't get into a physical fight with a crazy person, esp after they'd probably been drinking. Wise of Nicki to keep her distance.

Gotta say I look forward to it coming out what the fight was about.

Tbf as well Cardi's blowing up about being called a bad mother? She needs a thicker skin tbh she's a young mother who used to be a stripper and who's essentially famous for running her mouth and being ratchet, whose babydaddy has multiple kids with multiple other women and she called her kid Kulture with a K. If she doesn't expect any comments about any of that over the next 18 years even if she's an angel and completely changes her ways she needs a reality check.

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Sep 8 2018, 10:07 PM

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Sep 9 2018, 08:58 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I think it's really sad Cardi & Nicki had to turn physical. I lived for the first view of the video. But on reflection...wow that's really sad. Why can't two female rappers just get along and celebrate each others success in a heavily male dominated industry?! I do feel like Nicki kinda had it coming though. There's only so much you can continuously trash talk someone before it comes back on you... Hopefully she learns to stfu in the future!

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Sep 9 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #15
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
QUOTE(Botchia @ Sep 9 2018, 09:58 PM) *
I think it's really sad Cardi & Nicki had to turn physical. I lived for the first view of the video. But on reflection...wow that's really sad. Why can't two female rappers just get along and celebrate each others success in a heavily male dominated industry?! I do feel like Nicki kinda had it coming though. There's only so much you can continuously trash talk someone before it comes back on you... Hopefully she learns to stfu in the future!

That’s true, but there’s one thing I really strongly believe which is that Cardi needed to say and do nothing and just prove her worth through her money and chart success. That’s the best way to get to Nicki, invalidate the points she makes - fighting is just an embarrassment on both halves.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Sep 9 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I know she shouldn't have let Nicki get to her, but Cardi is hood af and she was going to snap eventually!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Sep 9 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #17
Group icon
is in hibernation
QUOTE(Jüpiter @ Sep 8 2018, 11:06 PM) *
Well no doubt everyone (media, twitter etc.) will side with fun 'ratchet' reality star Cardi who just HAPPENS to be younger and paler than Nicki.

'Stood behind her guards cowardly' is one way of putting it, on the other hand you could frame that as Nicki not letting her bait her into getting involved and making the whole thing even worse. You don't get into a physical fight with a crazy person, esp after they'd probably been drinking. Wise of Nicki to keep her distance.

Tbf as well Cardi's blowing up about being called a bad mother? She needs a thicker skin tbh she's a young mother who used to be a stripper and who's essentially famous for running her mouth and being ratchet, whose babydaddy has multiple kids with multiple other women and she called her kid Kulture with a K. If she doesn't expect any comments about any of that over the next 18 years even if she's an angel and completely changes her ways she needs a reality check.

What has the name of her kid or Cardi’s background got to do with Nicki though 😂 Cardi shouldn’t have been violent, I think the instagram post on it’s own would’ve been a good statement but I don’t feel sorry for Nicki.

And Nicki trying to seem like this unbothered calm person when this whole era all she’s done is have meltdowns...hun.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Sep 10 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #18
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
QUOTE(Jüpiter @ Sep 8 2018, 11:06 PM) *

I don't see what Cardi's age or skin tone has to do with anything.

I agree with those who have said it's a shame it turned physical, I'd have preferred Cardi took a more dignified stance on the matter, but quite frankly Nicki's attitude towards Cardi has been disgusting. She obviously can't handle the fact that she's not the #1 rapper anymore and making comments about Cardi's kid is HIGHLY inappropriate. Cardi's Instagram post explains it all really:

Ultimately it seems she hit breaking point. Nicki is behaving like a spoilt child who isn't getting her own way.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Sep 11 2018, 04:27 AM
Post #19
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
What Cardi's age and skin tone have to do with it: they shouldn't have anything to do with it.

But the media has a long, looong history (in the US especially) of a hierarchy. Side with white women over black women, white men over white women, and in cases like these, the lighter girl over the darker girl.

This is pretty basic 101 stuff and ironically is similar to the stuff Kim and Missy had to deal with when Nicki first came out. Or look at Iggy as another example. The media jump onside because for some reason a lighter skinned woman is viewed/treated as more palatable or marketable. It's all completely fake. Beyonce would be another example.

As Nicki has alluded to in her recent work and interviews etc. already certain parts of the media are looking to paint her as the bad guy and would you look at that, she's older than she was when she was more definitively popular. The media love to pit two women against each other especially when you can slam an older woman by uplifting a younger one who can be portrayed as her 'rival' or 'the new her'. Again, look at Gaga-Madonna, or even Britney-Madonna back in the day, or how Mariah Carey was treated at first when she first came out and the media thought she was white.

Essentially a lot of the support Cardi gets from certain corners is due more to these factors and the narrative they can make around it than actually that people agree with her and want to support her for her herself.

As to the issue, did Nicki even say anything? She might have liked a tweet, wow, what a bitch, unforgivable. rolleyes.gif

And since when is calling someone a bad mother sacrilege? She sure didn't come across like a great role model here getting involved in a punch up at a classy event like this. Or starting fights with multiple women her husband cheated on her with.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 11 2018, 04:54 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Your last paragraph is spot on. That said, Nicki has made jibes to Cardi tho, I mean Chun-Li is pretty obvious laugh.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:54 PM