BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
50 Pages V  « < 48 49 50  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Coronavirus • ii, the impakt
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Apr 2 2020, 10:45 PM
Post #981
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 2 2020, 11:32 PM) *
Who, us or the Americans? Can't see either tbh. End of May, maybe.

Us, I meant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silas
post Apr 2 2020, 10:49 PM
Post #982
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

The US is so uniquely vulnerable amongst the "developed/western" countries because it has a healthcare system only accessible to the 1%, and a large swathe of public distrustful of central government. Looking like they will be the one country to make a later step into lockdown than Germany. Cases here are still trending young and the growth isn't showing signs of slowing.

QUOTE(Harve @ Apr 2 2020, 11:04 AM) *
Oh my god.

I just found out 10 minutes ago that a uni friend of mine had the virus (if I'm honest I didn't even know he had it) and passed away last night.

This feels so numb. wtf.

QUOTE(dandy* @ Apr 2 2020, 01:10 PM) *
Today marks the first day that someone I know has died from this. It’s really horrible as the family affected only just lost one of their daughters at Christmas cry.gif

I'm so sorry to read both of these sad.gif you guys know where i am if you need anyone to listen.

Hope you're both doing ok.

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Apr 2 2020, 09:34 PM) *
There's talk of once antibody testing is able to be rolled out that "immunity passports" will be given out to people who test positive so that they can leave lockdown and begin going about their business again. As some people have pointed out, there's something slightly dystopian if that were to happen, where effectively we'd have a two-tier system of those who caught the virus and recovered being able to return to normality, whilst those who took all the necessary precautions could find themselves forced into isolation for up to a year. I'm hoping there's more to it than that, because if it is implemented like that, then my unfairness receptors will kick into overdrive.

The idea has been mooted here as well. As my parents pointed out, surely that just puts us in a position of where people will try to catch it so that they can get over it, get the exemption and get back to normal - thus creating a massive new spike in cases that kills the NHS.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Apr 2 2020, 10:56 PM
Post #983
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Went for my evening run earlier and saw a group of 7-8 people (who presumably aren't from the same household) congregating in the park like nothing's going on. I was just like... WTF are you doing?

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Apr 2 2020, 10:57 PM
Post #984
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mack. @ Apr 2 2020, 11:45 PM) *
Us, I meant.

Okay. No they'll extend it by another 3 weeks a week on Monday which takes us up 4th May. I read somewhere a rumour about them hoping schools may go back after May bank holiday but maybe wait until Sept. seeing as there are no exams this year.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 3 2020, 06:11 AM
Post #985
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 2 2020, 11:57 PM) *
Okay. No they'll extend it by another 3 weeks a week on Monday which takes us up 4th May. I read somewhere a rumour about them hoping schools may go back after May bank holiday but maybe wait until Sept. seeing as there are no exams this year.

I still suspect they would like to get schools back before September even if it’s just a few weeks in July. The task of getting back to where they should be is going to be immense.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 3 2020, 07:25 AM
Post #986
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

The US were clearly taking notes from China’s censorship:

Coronavirus: US Navy removes Captain Brett Crozier who raised alarm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52145230

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 3 2020, 08:51 AM
Post #987
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

My boyfriend said his neighbours were having a garden party yday drama.gif So he reported them looool, why are people so thick and so selfish?? How bad does it have to get before these idiots listen? They'd probably only care if it killed one of their family tbh.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 3 2020, 09:24 AM
Post #988
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 3 2020, 07:11 AM) *
I still suspect they would like to get schools back before September even if it’s just a few weeks in July. The task of getting back to where they should be is going to be immense.

Taking on board comments to try and be more positive about our situation right now, I'm going to be uncharacteristically more optimistic.... smile.gif

The BBC is apparently about to start producing series of educational TV from volunteers to cater for children at home. Back in prehistory we often used to be sat in class in front of recorded Educational TV shows. To be honest they were better than our teachers, I still have fond memories of shows about Trinidad & Tobago and other geographical-based episodes, and that was 52 years ago on something I saw once only (I have no memories of lessons the teacher's gave, just the time a supply teacher told us a ghost story). Hopefully that should help, even if exams are not a thing.

It's not easy catching up for some kids but speaking as a Forces brat who changed school on average once every year or two (and not usually at a convenient year-end either) I still coped with the completely different syllabuses - at least these days they are more unified and the kids will all be in the same boat at the same coursework place in the same school. Worst-case scenario is the one I ended up doing - repeated my GCSE O Level year because I changed school and missed a lot of that year's syllabus in the new school, which affected my ability to answer questions about stuff I hadn't done. I would hope the examiners for the following year would make allowances for a reduced amount of classroom work (if that happens) and reduce the scope of questions to make it fairer.....

I hope!

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 3 2020, 09:31 AM
Post #989
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klaus @ Apr 3 2020, 08:25 AM) *
The US were clearly taking notes from China’s censorship:

Coronavirus: US Navy removes Captain Brett Crozier who raised alarm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52145230

Yes, did the right thing despite knowing what would happen to his career. The world is full of heroes doing the right thing.

Now if he'd slaughtered some civilians including kids first, then be reported by his crew, and convicted, he'd have got a pardon from Trump (see actual case, this is not made up).

+Quote Post
lotita
post Apr 3 2020, 09:31 AM
Post #990
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

i'm going to open a new thread!

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 48 49 50
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:22 PM