BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> McFarland, USA
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 1st October 2015, 01:28 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Track coach Jim White (Kevin Costner) is a newcomer to a predominantly Latino high-school in California's Central Valley. Coach White and his new students find that they have much to learn about one another, but things begin to change when White realizes the boys' exceptional running ability. More than just physical prowess drives the teens to succeed; their strong family ties, incredible work ethic and commitment to their team all play a factor in forging these novice runners into champions.

Had the opportunity to see this today and I can't quite put into words how fantastic this film was. So many emotional moments, and while this is something Disney has done so well so many times, this film just hit me like no other. From the outside the film's storyline could seem quite clichéd and perhaps predictable, and it is very similar to Cool Runnings but with bobsleigh replaced with cross-country running. But this film has gone straight into my top 5 films ever, it's rare that I get that emotional with films but I really did with this one with both tears of sadness but tears of absolute joy. I think it was because I bought into the strong community feel so much and you so want the runners and the whole community to succeed.

I can't recommend this film enough, even if you aren't a sports fan. And if you do like Cool Runnings which I love, then this even tops that for me. Incredible! And it's been critically acclaimed too so don't just take my word for it. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 1st October 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I saw about 5 minutes of this on the plane back in July and it seemed quite good. Will check out the whole film at some point!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:01 PM