BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which song, Recording
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
eden
post May 16 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 393
   No Gallery Pics

Can anyone shed 'light' on tracks listed. Which song was specially 'written in' for Darius? & is it on recording? If not, does that mean, no solo by DARIUS?! Thank u.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Baytree
post May 17 2016, 07:17 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 334
   No Gallery Pics

There's a solo called Temporary Arrangement. It was written for the character of Nick and, in that respect, I see its purpose but it was taken out of the show during its off Broadway try-outs and didn't feature on Broadway, in London or the film.

There's a reason for that.. It doesn't fit with the rest of the show's songs, which are mainly upbeat and/or comedic and it's nowhere near Styne's best.

I'll have to hear it again. I was distracted by the dancers when I saw it performed, mainly because I couldn't figure out what their purpose was in that scene. I still don't know.

Some day Darius WILL get a good solo song which does justice to his voice.

I wish he'd said yes to South Pacific when the producers wanted him for the West End revival a few years ago. This Nearly Was Mine is a great song. I'd have loved to hear Darius singing that even once.

Edit - It was 2011. I guess Darius didn't want to take on a long run in the UK when he'd just got married. He did the limited run of Chicago with America Ferrera later in the year.

This post has been edited by Baytree: May 17 2016, 07:51 AM

+Quote Post
megham
post May 17 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 111
   No Gallery Pics

I still love 'Who are we now' I like Temporary arrangement now it has been altered to include the telephone call. I felt so sorry for him (and I know it's only a play)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:56 PM