BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Taylor reacts to Olivia Rodrigo
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
...ready for it
post 16th January 2021, 04:47 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/951...omment-reaction
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
London
post 16th January 2021, 01:48 PM
Post #2
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

Argh - not only is she talented but she’s just so lovely too heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th January 2021, 07:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I love their relationship so much heart.gif I was planning to open this for a while but never got round to it so I'm glad someone got here first cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th January 2021, 07:52 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Their interactions so far:

last year Olivia posted a cover of Cruel Summer & Taylor re-posted it & praised it & Olivia freaked out over it!

Olivia is such a massive Taylor stan and she's stanned her so many times I'd be here forever mentioning it all cheeseblock.png some quick ones we're her saying the Bad Blood music video is one of the best & most iconic of all time (in Seventeen's video for HSM cast guess the song 8-bit tune), regularly tweeting & stanning Taylor songs, her spotify bio saying I'm a Swiftie in its first line!! wub.gif

Then ofc after drivers license came out Olivia posted & tweeted a pic of the iTunes top 3 being the two evermore bonus tracks + drivers license and stanning it & then Taylor commented underneath it cheeseblock.png her comment is one of the most liked insta comments ever I think I read somewhere?!

love seeing how Taylor's inspired the new generation of hitmakers heart.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 19th January 2021, 06:49 AM
Post #5
Group icon

I don't listen to that song, but it's good that Taylor supports her like she does.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 8th May 2021, 07:26 AM
Post #6
Group icon

Olivia takes control of her masters: https://www.yahoo.com/news/olivia-rodrigo-f...-180920178.html

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 8th May 2021, 07:28 AM
Post #7
Group icon

https://www.eonline.com/de/news/1267030/oli...gwriting-styles

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 21st May 2021, 08:16 AM
Post #8
Group icon

Here's How Taylor Swift Has a Songwriting Credit on Olivia Rodrigo's 'Sour' Album
By Heran Mamo
5/20/2021

Olivia Rodrigo claims to be the "biggest Swiftie in the whole world," and now she has a Taylor Swift credit on her debut album to prove it.

Sour, which arrives at midnight ET, includes the song "1 Step Forward, 3 Steps Back," which -- Billboard can confirm -- interpolates Swift's "New Year's Day" from her 2017 album Reputation. Swift and her frequent collaborator Jack Antonoff each have writing credits on the song, whose title cleverly nods to Swift's numerology with "1" and "3" forming the pop superstar's lucky number 13. Additionally, all the numbers of Sour's release date on Friday (May 21) add up to 13: 0 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 13.

Although the new song is not a proper collaboration between the two, the 18-year-old breakout artist did meet her heroine for the first time at the 2021 Brit Awards on May 11, where Rodrigo performed her Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hit "Drivers License" and Swift received the Global Icon Award.

"1 Step Forward, 3 Steps Back" isn't the only song on Sour that nods to Swift: Rodrigo told Rolling Stone in April that the bridge of "Cruel Summer," which she covered for MTV's Alone Together Jam Session last April and Swift reshared on her Instagram Story, inspired the bridge of her Hot 100 top 10 hit "Deja Vu."

(Taken from Billboard)

+Quote this post
London
post 22nd May 2021, 01:48 PM
Post #9
Group icon
London Boy

That’s actually one of my favourite songs on Olivia’s album But I am a big New Year’s Day fan

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 23rd May 2021, 02:26 AM
Post #10
Group icon

I need to listen to those Olivia songs.

+Quote this post
London
post 23rd May 2021, 10:32 AM
Post #11
Group icon
London Boy

QUOTE(...ready for it @ May 23 2021, 03:26 AM) *
I need to listen to those Olivia songs.

I think you’ll like some of them, especially this song smile.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 9th July 2021, 09:54 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Olivia Rodrigo Adds Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff and St Vincent as Writers on Hit 'Deja Vu'

Vanessa Etienne

Olivia Rodrigo is very vocal when it comes to Taylor Swift and the inspiration she draws from the pop star — and now the singer's putting it in writing.

The singer, 18, recently added Swift, Jack Antonoff, and St. Vincent as co-writers for her latest single "Deja Vu," crediting them for the song, which appears on Rodrigo's debut album, Sour. The additions were made to the song's Spotify and TIDAL metadata, according to Rolling Stone.

Rodrigo opened up about how she looked at Swift's song "Cruel Summer" when she wrote "Deja Vu," calling Swift, 31, her "hero" and one of her biggest influences in music. In April, the singer broke down the concept of the hit track to the outlet.

"I wanted [the bridge] to be really high energy because the rest of the song is very serene and eerily calm," she explained to Rolling Stone. "But I wanted the last bridge to kind of go crazy and I love 'Cruel Summer,' it's one of my favorite songs ever. I love the harmonized yells she does. I feel like they're super electric and moving, so I wanted to do something like that."

+Quote this post
London
post 9th July 2021, 10:24 PM
Post #13
Group icon
London Boy

Knew there was reason Deja vu was my favourite song on the album !

+Quote this post
Brer
post 10th July 2021, 02:39 AM
Post #14
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I find this news to be a little troubling - I guess it's possible that she's just given them songwriting credits to acknowledge them being an inspiration just out of the kindness of her heart but more likely seems like this is following on from the bad precedent set by that ridiculous Marvin Gaye 'Blurred Lines' lawsuit, being a pre-emptive move to prevent being sued (or, even worse, a sign that she actually was about to be sued if she didn't do this right now).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:37 PM