BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Scotland get an indyref2?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Indyref2
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 76
Guests cannot vote 
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 15 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #21
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 15 2020, 08:13 PM) *
Nice to know that Michael. rolleyes.gif

The non-scab north east and Scotland want nothing to do with him. We deserve independence votes. One for Scotland and one for the north to join Scotland if they'll have us.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 15 2020, 08:18 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 15 2020, 08:15 PM) *
This is a ridiculous post dripping with trolling intent.

Of course Scotland should get another referendum. It’s clear the nation don’t like where the ‘union’ is going. Utterly ridiculous for someone not Scottish and with no intention of ever visiting Scotland to say they can’t have another vote.

I don't control whether they can have one or not. Boris Johnson does. I agree they should have one but not just yet.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 15 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #23
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 15 2020, 08:18 PM) *
I don't control whether they can have one or not. Boris Johnson does. I agree they should have one but not just yet.

But why not yet? Give me a reason that isn’t ‘but they had one 6 years ago.’

I doubt that you can.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 15 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #24
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Why ask me? Write to Boris and ask him. He's the guy refusing one.

Has he ever actually given a reason? He must have replied to Nicola's letter by now.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Jan 15 2020, 08:27 PM

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 15 2020, 08:27 PM
Post #25
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Auld Lang Peen @ Jan 15 2020, 09:15 PM) *
The non-scab north east and Scotland want nothing to do with him. We deserve independence votes. One for Scotland and one for the north to join Scotland if they'll have us.
Soz but we don’t want you. Tory and Brexit. Big pass, however we will gladly take your giant Nissan factory. We’ve already got North East Scotland and the bloody borders. Don’t need North East England holding us back too

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 15 2020, 08:34 PM
Post #26
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 15 2020, 08:24 PM) *

Has he ever actually given a reason? He must have replied to Nicola's letter by now.

Why am I having to write to the prime minister asking why you think they shouldn’t have another referendum for twenty years? You said that in this thread. Why can’t you ever back up anything you say? You just hide behind the prime minister all the time.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Jan 15 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #27
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 15 2020, 08:24 PM) *

Are you the spokesman for Johnson on the politics forum?? You recite him and say well that's what he said when challenged - that's trolling!

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 15 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 15 2020, 08:34 PM) *
Why am I having to write to the prime minister asking why you think they shouldn’t have another referendum for twenty years? You said that in this thread. Why can’t you ever back up anything you say? You just hide behind the prime minister all the time.

I just think it's not long enough since the last referendum. Some people want to keep having them until they get the result they want. What would you say if it was another vote to stay in the UK? Have another and another? They're expensive, cost millions!

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 15 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #29
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Jan 15 2020, 08:45 PM) *
Are you the spokesman for Johnson on the politics forum?? You recite him and say well that's what he said when challenged - that's trolling!

Oh stop bullying me. Vid posed the question. He didn't even asked you to explain your answer.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 15 2020, 08:55 PM
Post #30
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 15 2020, 08:49 PM) *
I just think it's not long enough since the last referendum. Some people want to keep having them until they get the result they want. What would you say if it was another vote to stay in the UK? Have another and another? They're expensive, cost millions!

Yeah you’ve said that but then people have countered that point with the fact that the UK isn’t going to be the same as the one promised last time and you’ve just ignored the points as per.

Why do you think the people of Scotland should be forced to leave the EU they didn’t even vote to leave? And why would them having another on this be a bad thing given the changes in circumstance?

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 15 2020, 09:04 PM
Post #31
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Jan 15 2020, 08:27 PM) *
Soz but we don’t want you. Tory and Brexit. Big pass, however we will gladly take your giant Nissan factory. We’ve already got North East Scotland and the bloody borders. Don’t need North East England holding us back too

It's be for the north in general. I imagine Newcastle would join and Northumbria, but not Sland, Durham, the Lakes, etc. Newcastle would fit right in. Liverpool should be given a vote on being part of it too.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Jan 15 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #32
Cœur poids plume
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 15 2020, 09:18 PM) *
I don't control whether they can have one or not. Boris Johnson does.

The ludicrous thing is that you do control it actually, because you, a voter in England, elects Scotland's government.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Jan 15 2020, 09:27 PM
Post #33
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

I’d happily take Newcastle but unfortunately despite being so close, it’s still England x

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jan 15 2020, 11:04 PM
Post #34
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

#Sclosure!!!

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 15 2020, 11:46 PM
Post #35
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jan 15 2020, 07:02 PM) *
Yes.

Brexit was not a factor during the last referendum — clearly a massive change in circumstance, and one that is pertinent to the future of Scotland. Times are justifiably different. SNP also had a clear election manifesto and won. There is a mandate for it.

It's an issue for Scotland and the Scottish people to decide — not me.

Exactly this.

I was against independence in 2014, now I am fully for it - with a view to moving to Scotland if it manages to go independent.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jan 15 2020, 11:52 PM
Post #36
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jan 15 2020, 11:46 PM) *
Exactly this.

I was against independence in 2014, now I am fully for it - with a view to moving to Scotland if it manages to go independent.

There's no guarantee independence would work for them though, just like Brexit. It's just nationalism.

Anyway, I am a big lover of the collective Union and ideally would like the UK to stay together as we are more powerful in the world as a Union. But I think whether people like it or not there's going to be another referendum in the medium term and the current stance of the Tories will likely push the swing voters to voting for independence.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 16 2020, 12:02 AM
Post #37
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

It's not quite the same though is it because the SNP and the majority of their supporters are strong advocates of the EU and they would use independence to apply to become a full member state.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 16 2020, 12:19 AM
Post #38
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jan 15 2020, 11:52 PM) *
There's no guarantee independence would work for them though, just like Brexit. It's just nationalism.

Anyway, I am a big lover of the collective Union and ideally would like the UK to stay together as we are more powerful in the world as a Union. But I think whether people like it or not there's going to be another referendum in the medium term and the current stance of the Tories will likely push the swing voters to voting for independence.

A one party state of vile tories and their disgusting policies does not work for us in the north.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jan 16 2020, 01:55 AM
Post #39
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely yes.

Fascinated that we have as many as four no's!

But yes because absolutely everything about the Better Together campaign was quickly revealed to be outright lies to keep Scotland and Scottish people under the English heel, and the treatment of Scottish and really all non-English people within the UK in the last five years has been nothing short of abhorrent. It didn't have to be that way - English people in the government actively chose to split their citizens into first and second class. That's just uncomfortable and unhealthy for the long-term stability of a nation.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 16 2020, 03:24 AM
Post #40
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, yes, absolutely yes.

I love the idea of the Union but only as much as all four countries in the Union also love the idea of it. If Scotland wants to leave they must be allowed to leave and circumstances have clearly changed since the last one.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:05 AM