BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
77 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Brexit II: This Time It's Irreversible, All the trade talks and future relationship bits
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Suedehead2
post Feb 3 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
This idea that we should all get behind the government regardless of our real feelings is positively sinister.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Feb 3 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Whilst I've grown somewhat numb to the whole Brexit thing by now, my inner Fenian just can't ignore the fact that one of its leading proponents today referred to it as a "Glorious Revolution".

Those Protestants, up to no good as usual.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Feb 3 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Feb 3 2020, 05:45 PM) *
Good that they all supported each other and walked out in unison.

Communism!!

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 3 2020, 10:47 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
No Scottish media participated in the walk out today because no Scottish media had been cancelled invited to anything today by No10 and were excluded from the briefings that all other media were part of.

This unifying the nation off to a cracking start.

I hate calls from unity from a power grabbing liar who has done everything possible at every possible step to sow division. You can’t heal a divide by going after the hardest possible Brexit from a very narrow victory. It’s absolutely not happening. The clown can do one

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Feb 4 2020, 06:25 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364
QUOTE(Limp Brexit @ Feb 3 2020, 05:40 PM) *
Fascism.

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Feb 3 2020, 09:51 PM) *
Communism!!

Both fascism and communism? huh.gif

I agree it was an unwise move to try & exclude certain parts of the media though.

+Quote this post
mald487
post Feb 4 2020, 08:31 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 06:25 AM) *

I agree it was an unwise move to try & exclude certain parts of the media though.

Two different posts from two different posters rolleyes.gif

This move sets a dangerous precedent. Although it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone with half a brain.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Feb 4 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 06:25 AM) *

Yes it was.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 4 2020, 09:32 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Queen of Soon

This f***ing country 🤦🏼‍♂️

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Feb 4 2020, 10:55 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(mald487 @ Feb 4 2020, 08:31 AM) *
Two different posts from two different posters rolleyes.gif

This move sets a dangerous precedent. Although it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone with half a brain.

Obviously 2 posters hence my quoting them both. mellow.gif

Agreed.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Feb 4 2020, 11:01 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Silas EU Later @ Feb 4 2020, 09:32 AM) *

This f***ing country 🤦🏼‍♂️

Would it be better if we all thought the same? mellow.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Feb 4 2020, 11:33 AM
Post #31
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 02:01 PM) *

Actually this is one of the times that YES it would be AMAZING if people didn't have their heads so far up their ass and all thought the same.

I mean what's the reasoning and goal here? I would never understand those people.

Are they scared these people are plotting something and they're not able to understand what? Are they so insecure they are afraid others are making fun of them? Are they just racist? So many options~

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 4 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 12:01 PM) *

On this subject? Yes. Yes it f***ing would be. Something that should be plainly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain. It’d contribute to a significant drop in hate crimes and improve the day to day lives of many people who call the UK home.

How about you drop the whataboutism for 5 minutes. Ya boring.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Feb 4 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Silas EU Later @ Feb 4 2020, 11:48 AM) *
On this subject? Yes. Yes it f***ing would be. Something that should be plainly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain. It’d contribute to a significant drop in hate crimes and improve the day to day lives of many people who call the UK home.

How about you drop the whataboutism for 5 minutes. Ya boring.

But it's part of my posting style. sad.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 4 2020, 02:43 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
So vidcapper, when you're in another country do you drop using English to talk to your family and instead talk exclusively in the language of the country you're in?

People should only be allowed here if they speak the language all the time? Where does that train of thought end exactly? It's an example of the types of opinion that, if unchallenged, make it ultimately acceptable to only accept the absolute stereotypical norm which is really very dangerous for many people in society.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Feb 4 2020, 02:50 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(dandy* @ Feb 4 2020, 02:43 PM) *
So vidcapper, when you're in another country do you drop using English to talk to your family and instead talk exclusively in the language of the country you're in?

People should only be allowed here if they speak the language all the time? Where does that train of thought end exactly? It's an example of the types of opinion that, if unchallenged, make it ultimately acceptable to only accept the absolute stereotypical norm which is really very dangerous for many people in society.

Are you assuming I am someone that objects to immigrants speaking their own language?

I have never said any such thing - please don't make any such unfounded assumptions about me. mellow.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 4 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Mansonette
Only because you implied it with your post. If you don't want people to think that, don't imply it!

What was the point of your post if not to imply it's reasonable for people to expect everyone to speak English all the time? Or was it just pointless contrariness for the sake of it?

edit - I think my personal problem with this particular approach is that you in particular never really bother fully posting an opinion. You just casually imply things and then get all defensive immediately. If you have a contrasting view, post it and be prepared to back it up and argue it - don't just make blasé comments implying things that amount to nothing more than casual spam if you don't believe what you're posting. You don't even bother to deny your stance and correct any assumptions.

But, as we've talked about before, this doesn't apply to racist/homophobic/transphobic stances on anything. If you're incapable of not knowing what is offensive in that area then you'd be better off either educating yourself or simply not engaging on the subject.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Feb 4 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 01:17 PM) *
But it's part of my posting style. sad.gif

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 02:50 PM) *
Are you assuming I am someone that objects to immigrants speaking their own language?

I have never said any such thing - please don't make any such unfounded assumptions about me. mellow.gif

Very droll.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Feb 4 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(dandy* @ Feb 4 2020, 03:05 PM) *
But, as we've talked about before, this doesn't apply to racist/homophobic/transphobic stances on anything. If you're incapable of not knowing what is offensive in that area then you'd be better off either educating yourself or simply not engaging on the subject.

I do usually tend to avoid it, because it's too easily to unknowingly offend - I NEVER EVER set out to deliberately offend!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Feb 4 2020, 04:08 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 02:50 PM) *

See, it's not nice when people imply stuff about you is it?

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 4 2020, 04:13 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Mansonette
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 4 2020, 04:00 PM) *
I do usually tend to avoid it, because it's too easily to unknowingly offend - I NEVER EVER set out to deliberately offend!

It's sad then that you somehow manage to.

I appreciate you've not asked for my view but, if I were you, I'd think about whether I could expand my post into a reasoned argument or whether I'd be worried about what I was saying. If the answer is that I wouldn't want to stand behind a more full post, it's probably not a good idea for anyone to post a shorter implied one.

Being entirely open here, it's getting to the point where editing and deleting such instances is becoming more of a hassle than it's worth for everyone. And even if you don't mean to offend, we can't just entirely ignore the views of the majority of the rest of the site when you don't seem to change your approach to those type of posts sad.gif

+Quote this post

77 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:10 PM