BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> which was better?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bottom or the young ones?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
troublepink
post 30th June 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

i think bottom is.....i watch it so much i know nearly every line!! tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 30th June 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 7

Both great but Bottom edges it for me cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Slick
post 30th June 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

The Young Ones happy.gif I haven't really seen that much of Bottom though.

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 30th June 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of
User: 254

Bottom by MILES happy.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 30th June 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

i was goin put filthy rich and catflap on but i didnt think many people had seen it

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 30th June 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

The Young Ones, by a mile. May have been only two series, but it was a totally perfect two series and it introduced the greatest generation of UK comedians (Edmondson, Mayall, Planer, Alexei Sayle, French and Saunders.....), kick-started the whole idea of "Alternative Comedy" in the early 80s....

By contrast, "Bottom" was simplistic and rather childish and got very tiresome after about the first couple of series....

"The Young Ones" is the original and the best and defined a generation.....

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 30th June 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(pink_princess01 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:22 PM) *

i was goin put filthy rich and catflap on but i didnt think many people had seen it

"Filthy, Rich and Catflap" does not get the credit it deserves IMO... A true forgotten gem....

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 30th June 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 30 2006, 06:46 PM) *

"Filthy, Rich and Catflap" does not get the credit it deserves IMO... A true forgotten gem....

i brought the dvd few weeks ago and i couldnt stop laughing.......especailly the bit where eddie shouts crackerjack rotf.gif rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 30th June 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I DONT KNOW OF EITHER,when are they on and what chanel

+Quote this post
Slick
post 30th June 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

QUOTE(Feel_the_Fever @ Jun 30 2006, 07:08 PM) *

I DONT KNOW OF EITHER,when are they on and what chanel

They're both old and finished long ago biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Chemical_Halo
post 30th June 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I spell fun, d.i.s.c.o
User: 144

I don't watch them. Buuttttt, Lucy's shown me clips of both & I think Bottom's a bit better, obv just because of the "Despair not! Faint heart nare one fair may." part. Lawlz <3.

+Quote this post
Rob
post 30th June 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122

Never even heard of them blush.gif

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 30th June 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #13
Group icon
1 life, 9 hearts, and 18 hands that'll rip you all apart
User: 175

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 30 2006, 06:44 PM) *

By contrast, "Bottom" was simplistic and rather childish and got very tiresome after about the first couple of series....

What are you on about ??? ohmy.gif Bottom is brilliant. Series three has some of the best episodes!!
Rik was angry about them not getting a series 4, it had 12 million viewers on the last episode 'Carnival'.

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 30 2006, 06:46 PM) *

I love this. It's so underrated though. No one's heard of it.

I've been watching the Young Ones and Bottom for years. I think I'd pick Bottom, but its only by a tiny amount. I love them both. Rik and Ade work so well together in everything they do, there isn't anyone quite like them

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 1st July 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #14
Group icon

QUOTE(x-The_Royston_Poisoner-x @ Jun 30 2006, 11:12 PM) *

What are you on about ??? ohmy.gif Bottom is brilliant. Series three has some of the best episodes!!
Rik was angry about them not getting a series 4, it had 12 million viewers on the last episode 'Carnival'.

Sorry, there's only so much I can take of two blokes just continually hitting each other and not really doing much else, which is basically what the series became.....

I watched all of "Bottom" and while it certainly had its moments, I just didn't like it anywhere near as much as "Young Ones", and the "Guesthouse Paradiso" film was just utter tripe.

And am I supposed to be impressed that "Bottom" got 12 million viewers...? All that says to me is that Rik and Ade just sold out to the lowest common denominator and just stopped actually making an effort (a bit like "Little Britain series 3 really, something else that totally dumbed itself down after the move from BBC2 to BBC1...); rubbish like "Eastenders" or "Only Fools and Horses" gets 12 million viewers as well..... "Bottom" was rightly killed off because it had become boring...

The really quality and challenging progs on British TV dont get 12 million viewers... Stuff like "Nighty Night" or "Green Wing" for example....

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 1st July 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jul 1 2006, 09:25 AM) *

Sorry, there's only so much I can take of two blokes just continually hitting each other and not really doing much else, which is basically what the series became.....

I watched all of "Bottom" and while it certainly had its moments, I just didn't like it anywhere near as much as "Young Ones", and the "Guesthouse Paradiso" film was just utter tripe.

And am I supposed to be impressed that "Bottom" got 12 million viewers...? All that says to me is that Rik and Ade just sold out to the lowest common denominator and just stopped actually making an effort (a bit like "Little Britain series 3 really, something else that totally dumbed itself down after the move from BBC2 to BBC1...); rubbish like "Eastenders" or "Only Fools and Horses" gets 12 million viewers as well..... "Bottom" was rightly killed off because it had become boring...

The really quality and challenging progs on British TV dont get 12 million viewers... Stuff like "Nighty Night" or "Green Wing" for example....

The film was good! I'm surprised you're saying all this.

Bottom's last episode got the second highest amount of viewers ever, the only thing topping it was Doctor Who (can't remember which one though). I'm not trying to make you impressed, I'm only saying.

And anyway, saying it was boring is your own opinion. Bottom had a lot of fans, loads of people went to see the live tours.

Green Wing is rubbish sleep.gif Never seen Nighty Nighty properly, I watched a clip of it though and it was quite good, I know Mark Gatiss was in it but never got round to watching it.

This post has been edited by x-The_Royston_Poisoner-x: 1st July 2006, 10:40 AM

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 1st July 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl it's Tigerboy!
User: 210

QUOTE(x-The_Royston_Poisoner-x @ Jul 1 2006, 11:47 AM) *

Never seen Nighty Nighty properly, I watched a clip of it though and it was quite good, I know Mark Gatiss was in it but never got round to watching it.

so do you think the proposed American remake of Nighty Nighty will work? you know like the office has done

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 1st July 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #17
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

There's surely only one winner:

IPB Image

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 1st July 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(tigerboy @ Jul 1 2006, 11:50 AM) *

so do you think the proposed American remake of Nighty Nighty will work? you know like the office has done

I have no idea. wacko.gif Never seen the american Office.

+Quote this post
Chapman
post 1st July 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 648

Im more familiar with Bottom...so Bottom biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 2nd July 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #20
Group icon
"...My Name Is Prince, And I Am Funky...."
User: 154

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jul 1 2006, 09:25 AM) *

I dont think you know what your saying., bottom Is the second bes comedy ever, one foot in the grave being the first. bottom is so funny, especialy that ferrist wheel one. your just cold, calus and light headed. kinda like earnest foot. or granvill in open all hours. go eat worms

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 06:37 PM