BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Tove Lo - Cool Girl, 1st single | 5th August
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Aug 25 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I get the criticisms of this song but somehow it is those qualities that make it appealing?

It's still her least good single and I'm sure the album will offer a lot of "why wasn't this lead single instead?" songs.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 26 2016, 11:45 AM
Post #42
Group icon
User: 13,007
I do not understand the backlash this is getting from some of you!? sad.gif For me the subtleties and monotony of it is what makes it stand out so much. I don't think it's far away from what she established in 'Queen of the Clouds' too and shows a more futurist/progressive sound that builds on what she laid out on that album.

It's so hypnotic and while not as garishly outlandish as the singles and some of the album tracks from the previous album it's a sudden shift in tone that I think she pulls off wondrously. More of this please, as much as it's an incredible project, I do not want a QOTC part II and she's never going to win everyone with a change of pace, but I want more of this progression.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Aug 26 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #43
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
See, I shared the view of all of you initially, but I've grown to quite like it in a lazy kind of sexy way? She sounds so uninterested that it creates an odd appeal. It's nothing something I'm particularly going to much but it's all the negatives you've pointed out which I would usually find as negative and initially did, that seem to create what is quite a sultry number.

I wouldn't want much more of this though, I have to say. It's very rare a monotonous song with a chorus that doesn't lift a song connects with me and I'm not sure how much longer Cool Girl will stick with me either.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Sep 21 2021, 09:47 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
Nora En Pure has released a remix this week;

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:10 AM