BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Proposal to limit the annual Christmas chart glut., Would it be a success?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
zenon
post Oct 23 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,809
As an artist or group can only have their three highest entries eligible to chart, I thought that this could also apply to entries that are at least three years old. So for example last year's post Christmas chart (and for most years past and to come) would have had only All I Want For Christmas Is You, Fairytale of New York and Last Christmas eligible. Santa's Coming For Us would have also been at number 11 instead of 24 as it is not three years old yet. Problem solved.

This post has been edited by zenon: Oct 23 2019, 09:33 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Oct 23 2019, 09:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Why is it even a problem though? If the Christmas songs are genuinely that popular, why should they be limited? It's different to one artist completely taking over the chart with tracks from their album, each of these songs is genuinely popular in its own right. I see no reason to get rid?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Oct 23 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Seems another stupid fake rule to me in order to have the chart show someone's rose-tinted fantasy of what a singles chart 'should' look like, instead of based on any true picture.

No offense, but I think at that point, just make up your own chart with certain songs removed instead of trying to sell something with made up arbitrary rules as some kind of real truth.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 23 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
It's only one chart week a year, it's not like a whole album which could obscure other new releases over multiple weeks, and it reflects what the nation is listening to at the time of year. I will never understand why people have such an issue with this, it's always been very erratic around the Christmas and New Year charts. If they want to stop it, then more artists should actually attempt to record a new Christmas song or special holiday release so there can be some renewed excitement in the Christmas chart rather than the same old Christmas songs,

(also there's nothing wrong with songs charting that are over three years old and I really hate that rule, it's not like they appear regularly)

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post Oct 23 2019, 10:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008
You can't just erase a whole genre from the charts just because you don't like it

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Oct 23 2019, 10:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Loool a new year and a new thread about how the Christmas songs ruin the charts rolleyes.gif GET OVER IT. It’s 4/5 weeks of the year at a time where they are popular and if people want to stream and buy them then so be it!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Oct 23 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
I actually love hearing these classic records every December on radio 1 - it's like radio changes once 1st December comes!!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 23 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
QUOTE(Steve201 @ Oct 23 2019, 11:40 PM) *
I actually love hearing these classic records every December on radio 1 - it's like radio changes once 1st December comes!!

Me too and I love having the Christmas songs back in the charts as for the artists its the only time we now see them in the singles chart.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:11 AM