BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Elon Musk buying Twitter
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 19th December 2022, 01:58 AM
Post #81
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Is this how it ends? Convenient escape route for him if so, he's been all 'Vox Populei, Vox Dei' about every poll so far, and recently they've started swinging against him.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 19th December 2022, 02:30 PM
Post #82
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

He was hanging out with one of the Trumps in Qtar. God, he's such fash!

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 19th December 2022, 05:09 PM
Post #83
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

I literally saw a tweet saying that promoting on Facebook or Insta will get you banned and like... there are literal neo-Nazis on the platform and yet CONTENT CREATORS are the problem?

I despise a lot of things about Twitter but I really hope he steps down as a result of that asinine poll. Hitler reincarnated.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th December 2022, 08:05 AM
Post #84
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

tearsmile.gif tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 20th December 2022, 08:17 AM
Post #85
Group icon

my man's reinventing poll taxes for his Vox Populi

+Quote this post
Silas
post 20th December 2022, 10:16 AM
Post #86
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Petty pathetic bitch. He really is the worst billionaire and that’s a tough battle

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 20th December 2022, 11:14 AM
Post #87
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

lol so much for freedom of speech

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 21st December 2022, 01:26 PM
Post #88
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

That's exactly the point though. Elon Musk and the rest of these Gen-X/Boomer gammonista melts are frightened by the speed at which their own views have become outdated and rejected by wider society. Instead of doing what the rest of us have done and recalibrate their own views by listening to and/or debating other viewpoints, they seek only freedom of speech in its incredibly bast*rdised form by accepting it only from those who already agree with them: equivalent to someone scared of absolutely everything bricking themselves up within their own brick tomb.

Freedom of speech is completely misunderstood by these lot, it doesn't come without accountability. Just like actions don't. You can't expect to say or do absolutely anything without there being consequences, particularly if you have a large platform.

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 27th December 2022, 09:00 AM
Post #89
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

I’m late but I just saw this and I just-

+Quote this post
Smint
post 28th December 2022, 03:34 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

Although Musk inviting back and arselicking the facists is extremely problematic overall as discussed earlier in this thread, think Greta Thunberg has late winner of comeback/tweet of the year!

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 1st January 2023, 12:52 PM
Post #91
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

LOL, I did enjoy that tweet. *.*

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th February 2023, 10:34 AM
Post #92
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Obvz take with a grain of salt but...

Why do I believe this will be likely? LMAO. Selena.png

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 9th February 2023, 10:45 AM
Post #93
Group icon

Yesterday there were reports that Tweetdeck would be paywalled, obviously bad as I use it for ESCXtra tweeting and convenience, and then this morning there was an auto-update to Tweetdeck that logged me into a very bad UI new version. I had to go into the dev console to get the legacy version back. Which is to say that it seems like they are playing around with features and figuring out what they can paywall.

20 tweets per day is wild though and I can honestly see it killing the platform dead. Small brand accounts are loaded with an additional expense, active users (probably not those who really want yet another f***ing subscription expense added to their life) restricted most especially on busy days where live-tweeting events becomes a thing, fully nickel and dimed into every single type of engagement metric other than likes....

Fundamentally doesn't understand that users create value. More obsessed with tweeting about the Woke Stasi and ensuring that Twitter "doesn't impose its specific values on the world" (it's a platform, it doesn't have values, the users have values).

+Quote this post
Silas
post 9th February 2023, 12:59 PM
Post #94
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Honestly, the best example of having absolutely no fundamental understanding of what you have purchased and how the business model works. His Stan’s say he’s a „genius“ but you don’t need an Ivy League MBA to understand how social media works. The old adage „if it’s free you’re the product“. Without users posting and following and sharing content via DM you have no engagement (which you want to seek ads) and you also lose the data harvesting opportunity on what is being shared and by whom in what channels and who is in the channel. The big data opportunities that are lost when you start restricting the userbase is worth at least 10 times the amount that Twitter could ever generate from Blue.

I’ve long thought this guy was a total tool but it’s clearer than ever to all but the biggest brownnosers he has literally nothing between his ears. Not a thing.

God we just have to hope one of his self driving overpriced underengineered poorly built heaps of shit goes haywire and does the planet a solid

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 16th February 2023, 09:40 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Dave Davies of The Kinks has tweeted to say that any of his tweets which mention the band name are flagged as possibly containing sensitive content. Meanwhile, my timeline is constantly full of racist bile form various right-wing nutjobs with no warning whatsoever. Indeed they are often accompanied by a message saying I might be interested in them.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 16th February 2023, 11:59 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I hear that Musk has changed the algorithm so that basically facists get promoted. Even if a lot of people can see through it there could well be a lot of people sucked in to this culture war stuff.

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 17th February 2023, 12:34 AM
Post #97
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

He is so fash!!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 17th May 2023, 08:43 AM
Post #98
Group icon

Things are sure going well at Twitter dot com even after Elon has decided to step down and appoint a new CEO (yeah that will happen in 6 weeks btw)

on his way out, enjoy new delights like middle-aged uncle antisemitism:

+Quote this post
Smint
post 20th June 2023, 11:30 AM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Oh is he actually still stepping down? Anyway he's turned it into such a far right hell hole that actual Right wing equivalents such as Parler have had to close as there's no need for them. Recently of course we've had Musk's blatant partnership with the terrifyingly homophobic Ron de Santis, bullying scientists unless they "debate" Covid with shock jocks and conspiracy theorists, raising fake accounts of leftwingers (AOC) etc etc

And yet the progressives haven't yet found a platform that they can move too en masse - a bit depressing.

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 20th June 2023, 03:13 PM
Post #100
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Elon was just pretending not to br hard right when he first started out then! Vile.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st June 2024, 02:39 AM