BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> République d'Áskorza \\ National Thread // v3.0, Ummm so we kinda accidentally won?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post 9th December 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #241
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

09 \ Ricki-Lee - Raining Diamonds - Hendinia XXXIX

Very firmly into the territory of my absolute favourite songs here. My 63rd most played song since 2006, Raining Diamonds is the kind of pop Hendinia does so well. It's absolute perfection and a real anthem of a track.

09 \ Daphne & Celeste - You And I Alone - LXXV

DNQ, y'all on glue. After defining my childhood with the anthems 'Ooh Stick You' and 'U.G.L.Y.', Daphne & Celeste returned out of nowhere in 2015 with a contender for SONG. OF. THE. YEAR. promptly f***ed back off into obscurity again....UNTIL 2 months ago when they reappeared on Twitter to announce themselves as the SAVIOURS of 2018. YES. That's right bitches! A second Daphne and Celeste album will be out before the second Sugababes 1.0 album. Who'd have thought that...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 12:01 AM
Post #242
Group icon
Queen of Soon

08 \ Mira Craig - Headhunted - FSR Rontvia X

Do you want this job? Coz baby a boo boo you've been headhunted! This is truly ICONIC. The original marmite BJSC entry you either loved this (correct) or hated this (incorrect). The original and best Mira Craig track.

08 \ Sugababes - Whatever Makes You Happy - XXI

Oldest song in the list and the first of the 40 to actually be in my 50 most played tracks of all time at #48. (everything else that follows is one of my 50 most played songs)

Entered to mark Keisha-gate as a nation in mourning, this Keisha heavy, Keisha penned epic comes from my favourite album of all time, Three. Only 'Hole In The Head' from that album ranks higher in my most played songs.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #243
Group icon
Queen of Soon

07 \ Delta Goodrem - Believe Again - FSR Rontvia I

I imagine most of you had this marked down as the number 1 on the list! In at number 7 is the stunningly beautiful Believe Again from the very first contest. It just misses out on the top 40 coming in at #41 on my all time list with 252 plays. I just absolutely love this song so much.

07 \ Ellen Levon - Like A Girl In Love - XLII

Part of back-to-back second placings, Like A Girl In Love is such a stormer of a dance track and I adore it (Cool Enough is 28th on the International list)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #244
Group icon
Queen of Soon

06 \ Kate Ryan - Ella Elle L’a - Xanaga VIII

The first foreign language track I ever really took to, Ella Elle L'a became a pre-drinks anthem at uni for me and my friends. Such a f***ing fabulous track

The English version is blasphemy.

06 \ Tone Damli - Look Back - XLI

Tone's back! My 30th most played song of all time with 303 plays, Look Back is the other half of that back-to-back 2nd place finish. Tone does have another, final song to come in this countdown. One of I Know and Butterflies will miss out.

Look Back kicked off Tone's Greatest Hits, shut up yes she has hits, and I bloody love this track. It's just so f***ing good.

I'll post the final 5 for each chart tomorrow

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #245
Group icon
Queen of Soon

05 \ Kid Sister - Right Hand Hi - United States of Jack XIX

Another one I'm not entirely sure I pointed at the time but I hella love now. It's just so damned good. My 22nd most played at 325 plays, it's one of 3 Kid Sister tracks in my all time top 30!

05 \ Richard Vission, Static Revenger & Luciana - I Like That - XXVI

If I combined all the versions of this together, it'd be by most played track of all time. This version is =24th on my all time list with the same number of plays as the song in 4th on the Ashton countdown. Superb and sassy AF this track is the shit.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #246
Group icon
Queen of Soon

04 \ Anna Abreu - Music Everywhere - FSR Rontvia XX

Trashy scandipop ftw. Describes how much of us feel about music really bundled up in a catchy high tempo, high energy scandipop masterpiece. Infamous for being Pavel's most hated BJSC entry of all time.

04 \ Gabriella Cilmi - Don't Wanna Go To Bed Now - XI

A favourite of mine from the moment I saw her support the Sugababes before her album release. Infectious and fun, this song is so f***ing great and yeah I love it to bits.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #247
Group icon
Queen of Soon

03 \ Kid Sister feat Cee-Lo - Daydreaming - Cadbury XXII

The highest of the 3 Kid Sis tracks in my all time chart at #19 is Daydreaming! (Big N Bad is the third at #28) So easy to sing along to, I even love the Cee-Lo bits! All round fab song.

03 \ Gabrielle - 5 Fine Frøkner - LXXIX

ohmy.gif Only taking the Bronze medal is 5 Fine Frøkner. Well on it's way to stealing the title of 'favourite song of all time' from the grasps of the Sugababes, with 376 plays 5 Fine Frøkner is my 14th most played song of all time. Despite criminally underperforming in LXXIX, along with Dagny's sublime Backbeat, 5FF made that years TBO against all the odds finishing 24th in it's semi-final before smashing the second PFSC on it's way to the victory that was rightfully Gabrielle's. Now famed for appearing in Skam, I've been in love with this track since it first appeared in 2014. It's just f***ing incredible and I love it so much.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 12:27 PM
Post #248
Group icon
Queen of Soon

02 \ Alcazar - Stay The Night - Numayania XIX

Cruelly ROBBED of international fame by La Voix at Melodifestivalen, the gayest thing to come out of Sweden since Alcazar is the silver medalist on my international countdown. Recently overtaken by 5FF on my all time list, this song is just such an anthem. With the camp dialled up to infinity, Stay The Night is the ultimate trashy scandipop song. It's not ashamed to be an in your face, camp, fun all empowering ANTHEM.

02 \ Tone Damli - Butterflies - XX

Talking of songs that were robbed of international fame at a Eurovision selection, it's Melodi Grand Prix runner up to runaway Eurovision winner Fairytale, Butterflies! Slight jump in play counts here with Butterflies being 4th on my all time playlist with 631 plays. Just 1 behind Freak Like Me, 12 behind my most played BJSC entry and 17 behind Jessica Mauboy's Burn. It's just a matter of time before it takes the number 1 spot...to keep it warm for 5FF of course!! Just sublime. Iconic. Life-changing. A true 15/10 moment.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #249
Group icon
Queen of Soon

The Winners Circle

International #1

My most played BJSC international song, 8th on my all time chart with 439 plays, will come as no surprise to some who know of the legendary status of this track. Of course coming from FSR Rontvia it's......

01 \ Untouched - Smack Me - FSR Rontvia VI

I C O N I C

Your faves could never. The queen of trashyelectrofempop, Smack Me is the song that this contest owes a great deal of gratitude to. Facing declining interest and looking at a switch to being less frequent, then moderator Rich came across Smack Me in a music week compilation CD. He had to enter it an immediately. Sparking the Untouched/Serebro incident and a renewed interest in the contest. Smack Me saved the contest and allowed it to reach 10 years and 100 contests.

f***ing incredible track.

Ashtonise #1

The obvious candidates are gone. Tone's 4 entries have all been and gone. 5FF finished 3rd. What else could it possibly be??? My second most played song of all time with 643 plays is...

01 \ Albin & Kirstin Amparo - Din Soldat - LXV

Yeah y'all defo didn't see that one coming! My favourite entry from 2014's year of foreign language pop, this is precisely the reason why I did it. Instead of overlooking this track I went out of my way to listen to it and boy am I glad that I did! I absolutely adore it even if after nearly 650 plays I still can't sing along to Albin. Got the Kirstin Amparo section on lock tho!

Wanted to do a decade of BJSC countdown with a little twist. Look forward to seeing everyones year end/decade end countdowns over the coming weeks!!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 10th December 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #250
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Wow, what sort of incredible list this is *.* both Ashton and international, amazing to see so many of mine have made a genuine impact on your life. Not surprised to see Smack Me at the top, very surprised at Din Soldat but it’s a great track.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 10th December 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #251
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Holy shit your entire #5 section is a THROWBACK heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif I can’t believe “I Like That” is seven years old though, I’m getting old af

+Quote this post
Silas
post 14th January 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #252
Group icon
Queen of Soon

ASH-CI

+Quote this post
Silas
post 21st January 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #253
Group icon
Queen of Soon

A new era for Ashton

The SNÁ and ÁSC today stunned the assembled Ashtonise press by revealing that Ashton's long standing entry strategy "Risks FTW" was being retired. Making a tentative debut in BJSC VII before a full debut in XII, Risks FTW through it's many phases has underpinned 89 of Ashton's 100 entries. The new era for Ashton is based on Ashton's core sounds: Foreign Language & Electrofempop. The first wave of the strategy, unofficially titled "Xenophobic dull bast*rds", is Deutschland Über Alles. DÜA will see a wave of entries either in German or from German artists.

First up is Spanish-German Alvaro Soler with the sensational Sofia.

This catchy, charming, Spanish-language pop number has already been a huge hit across Spain, Germany and Ashton. Now the SNÁ and ÁSC hope to spread that across Buzzjack. Enjoy, we certainly are!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 28th January 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #254
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Literally had this stuck in my head all day. Probably in like the top 5 best Ashton entries. And this is after I kinda hated 'El Mismo Sol'!

(kinda super tenuous to claim this as a German entry tho xxx)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th January 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #255
Group icon
Queen of Soon

It's been stuck in my head on and off since September laugh.gif Glad that you're enjoying it!!

For me El Mismo Sol is not one of his stronger tracks. The album has some really enjoyable tracks on it.

(He is German and that's good enough for DÜA! There's nothing tenuous about next months entry. It's very Deutsch)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 30th January 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #256
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Sofia through to final

Deutschland Über Alles, the first wave of the ÁSC and SNÁ's new entry strategy "Xenophobic dull bast*rds", is off to a flying start with Ashton's entry through to the final. Sofia, by Spaniard/German Alvaro Soler, is a catchy and addictive Spanish language bop with an infectious energy. You can listen to this charming and fantastic track below and vote for Ashton to win in the BJSC CI final.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 5th February 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #257
Group icon
Queen of Soon

WE WON!!!!!

Ashton is a nation in shock and United in celebration after Alvaro Soler’s incredible, catchy, charming Spanish language pop song “Sofia” became the country’s second BJSC winner in the 101st BJSC tonight in Aeroche.

Emperor Silas has declared tomorrow to be a national day of celebration.

We anticipate that the ÁSC will confirm Morpeth Cove as the host city and other timings once they have sobered up on Thursday.

Emperor Silas was quoted in between strawpedoing Champagne saying “We would like to thank from the bottom of our hearts all who enjoyed our entry this month and all who awarded it points. To win with another Foreign language track means a lot to Ashton. This is a very special track and we are so glad that BuzzJack agreed. This means so much. Thank you.”

You can listen to the BJSC CI winner below:

+Quote this post
Silas
post 11th February 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #258
Group icon
Queen of Soon

The title defence begins

Deutschland Über Alles

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th February 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #259
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Freedom is Gold for Ashton!

We're pleased to confirm our entry for the 102nd Buzzjack Song Contest, held here in Morpeth Cove, is Freiheit = Gold (Hey Boy!) by Wunderwelt! This is the first time Ashton has entered a track in German and is part of Ashton's ongoing Deutschland Über Alles entry strategy that saw the nation achieve glory last month with Alvaro Soler and Sofia. Freiheit ist Gold translates as Freedom is gold, and we certainly hope this German bop brings home another Gold!

Wunderwelt and Ashton have automatically qualified for the final of BJSC < CII > and will not be participating in the semi-finals, however will be voting in both!

You can listen to our latest entry below:

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd February 2018, 11:49 PM
Post #260
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Actually a second really good entry in a row from you!! I don't usually think the German language sounds particularly good in pop music but it works well here. Ashton really gunning to keep the YTD #1 with this.

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:13 PM