BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
55 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Premier League / Football League Thread 2011-12, (& Blue Square Premier!) News & Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sabrina.
post May 9 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #1001
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,406
That performance wasn't a lot different to the majority of our games at Anfield this season. The only difference was we actually found the back of the net this time

Andy Carroll easily MOTM though
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post May 9 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #1002
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
In the past month Andy Carroll has transformed from a player no one would want to sign to the one which Liverpool thought was worth £35m, he's been immense.

Michael Essien will probably be the only player who played last night that'll start in the final, although will be more if either centre half doesn't recover. Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Kalou, Mata, Droga - 10 changes.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 9 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #1003
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 9 2012, 07:15 PM) *
In the past month Andy Carroll has transformed from a player no one would want to sign to the one which Liverpool thought was worth £35m, he's been immense.

Michael Essien will probably be the only player who played last night that'll start in the final, although will be more if either centre half doesn't recover. Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Kalou, Mata, Droga - 10 changes.

Carroll's been like that for some time. When Suarez was banned and he got a run of games, he got his fitness back up and looked a good player. then he sort of regressed again for a while. The Newcastle match looks to be the turning point. I don't think he was mentally prepared for the abuse he recieved, and I still think deep down he thought of himself as a Newcastle player, and not a Liverpool one. Anyway since then he's turned in to a beast. He's lost over a stone apparently, and you can tell his fitness has improved. Looks like he's actually been watching strikers as he's normally always getting in to good positions now, whereas before he wouldn't. I'm pleased for him, hope he goes to the Eurosas it will do him the world of good.

Chelsea are really f***ed at centre half. Playing two players that won't have played for 2/3/4 weeks going in to a massive final is not good. Gomez will tear them to pieces.

+Quote this post
pwned
post May 9 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #1004
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 16,183
Thats set then, Blackpool v west ham in the play off final. Could either be an interesting passing game or an annoying long ball game. I fancy blackpool to win it as thayve been more consistent for most of the season.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 9 2012, 11:37 PM
Post #1005
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(pwned @ May 9 2012, 09:57 PM) *
Thats set then, Blackpool v west ham in the play off final. Could either be an interesting passing game or an annoying long ball game. I fancy blackpool to win it as thayve been more consistent for most of the season.

I think it will be close, but West Ham have more quality. Depends whether West Ham show up or not, or bottle the big occassion.

Regardless, it's nowhere near as big as York vs Luton biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post May 9 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #1006
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
If we play anything like we did against Cardiff then I think we'll overpower Blackpool, our midfield will just pick them off. Usually I'd expect us to bottle it but no neutral will be supporting us which may actually work in our favour with Allardyce in charge - I think he likes the siege mentality.

I'm coming back from uni to watch the final, which is the same day as Chelsea vs Bayern - given my Dad's a Chelsea fan it could be a very good or a very poor trip laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 9 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #1007
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Who do I want to see on MOTD every week, Ian Holloway or Sam Allardyce? No contest, come on Blackpool.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post May 10 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #1008
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
It's an absolutely nightmare play-off for me. The team (and manager) in the division I'd most like to stay down versus the team in the division I most want to visit next season! I'll have to support Blackpool though, won't be on a perfect weekend two seasons running and I'll get the chance at some point!

+Quote this post
pwned
post May 10 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #1009
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Anyone got any transfer gossip. Is paul scholes signing for another year? What will happen with ballotelli

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 10 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #1010
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(pwned @ May 10 2012, 08:44 PM) *
Anyone got any transfer gossip. Is paul scholes signing for another year? What will happen with ballotelli

Guess Ballotelli will stay with Man City.

Scholes has apprently agreed to stay on for another year. To me this proves Man Utd are skint. Need to invest in a central midfielder if they ever have Champions league winning aspirations.

As for gossip, well Falco will probably be linked with every team going. Arsenal have apparetly signed M'Villa. With the Euros and the Olympics I'm expecting a very quiet transfer window full of over the top transfer fees.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 10 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #1011
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The Daily Wail ran a story saying that Wolves, West Brom and Villa are all interested in bringing in Gus Poyet. Two points need to be mace. First, the fact that all three clubs are in the Midlands suggests that this is a story which originated in a local paper. That's not a dig at the Wail, all papers do that. Second, the Wail journalist has previously written a piece declaring himself to be a Palace fan which is one good reason to cast doubt on any story he writes about Brighton.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 10 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #1012
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 10 2012, 10:27 PM) *
The Daily Wail ran a story saying that Wolves, West Brom and Villa are all interested in bringing in Gus Poyet. Two points need to be mace. First, the fact that all three clubs are in the Midlands suggests that this is a story which originated in a local paper. That's not a dig at the Wail, all papers do that. Second, the Wail journalist has previously written a piece declaring himself to be a Palace fan which is one good reason to cast doubt on any story he writes about Brighton.

I'd say it's fair game, and could be very possible. Unsure whether Villa will sack McLeish, and i'd be shocked if he went to Wolves, but West Brom could be a good shout. I have the feeling West Brom's first choice will be Chris Houghton though.

+Quote this post
pwned
post May 11 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #1013
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Heard a rumour that paulo di canio was going to west brom or west ham if they dont get up. Dont personally believe it as taking up swindon doesnt give him much experience and isnt really that difficult compared with trying to keep both sides in the premier league.

Other rediculous rumour is that man u will swap rooney for akinfenwa in a surprisde summer move. Not on the same site but this is almost funny how untrue it is.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post May 11 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #1014
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
What on earth has happend to Villa? From a team fighting for top 6 every season to a team fighting for relegation. I guess they've not got the money to purchase anyone as they've lost all their good players.

I'm surprised that Ashley Young & Stewart Downing fees haven't been used to bring in one or two midfielders. Villa truly need 2 midfielders and a new striker.

+Quote this post
pwned
post May 11 2012, 12:59 PM
Post #1015
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Barnet to be playing champions league football. Anyone give my friend odds on how likely that is.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 12 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #1016
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Rooney @ May 10 2012, 11:30 PM) *
I'd say it's fair game, and could be very possible. Unsure whether Villa will sack McLeish, and i'd be shocked if he went to Wolves, but West Brom could be a good shout. I have the feeling West Brom's first choice will be Chris Houghton though.

I'd be very surprised if he went to Wolves as that would not really be any sort of advance. WBA is possible although it seems to be only this one Palace fan throwing Poyet's name into the mix.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post May 12 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #1017
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
Stale Solbakken is the new Wolves manager anyway, meaning Sky managed to catch out three of their defenders who admitted they'd never heard of him!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post May 13 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #1018
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Augero missed an absolute sitter!
What a game!! C'mon Ballotelli, come on and win City The title Y ALWAYS U

+Quote this post
Sabrina.
post May 16 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #1019
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,406
Kenny Dalglish sacked

I did say yesterday I thought it'd be best for him to leave, but this has actually upset me

+Quote this post
RobBot
post May 16 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #1020
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
It's for the best, sadly. Still love the guy, but in terms of looking to the future - he's not the man to bring us up the table. I'm just doubtful that Roberto Martinez is either.

+Quote this post

55 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:48 AM