BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ghost in the Shell, 30/03/2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 6th March 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

This really looks good and the visual images look stunning, I love a good sci-fi thriller starring Scarlett Johansson, saw the trailer today
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post 6th March 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this but I agree with others that the casting of Johansson is both depressingly understandable and also just plan depressing.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 15th March 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Before the Free Fire Unlimited Screening tonight, we got a 10 minute 3D preview of this and I'm really quite hyped now. The visuals look AMAZING and I love Scarlett Johansson in action movies (I loved Lucy and she's one of the best things about The Avengers too for me!!), really hoping this'll be good.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 1st April 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Can't deny that I was a little disappointed with this, it was one of my more hyped blockbusters of early Summer but has ended up probably being my least favourite. It was still decent, I liked the interesting ideas about robotics and humanity that it brought forward, ScarJo was likable in the lead role as usual (although, the white-washing was even more unusual seeing as they gave her an actual Asian mother laugh.gif) and Pilou Asbęk was very good too in this (a new discovery for me as I've never really taken notice of him, his cool eyes things were wicked!!), and the effects were stunning, the city looked phenomenal every time it was in the shot with all the holograms and highways etc. However, it was all just a little predictable meaning it felt like a little bit of a drag to sit through, I'd have liked a bit more action because that was really cool (I liked the water action sequence especially) but we hardly got much of it. Overall, I did enjoy it but would've liked it to be a bit more exciting!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 5th April 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Imagine Blade Runner crossed with Judge Dredd....

Now imagine a beautifully imaged updated version with a great lead actor....

Now imagine being largely bored and meh about the characters.

5/10

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 29th August 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I realise this isn't a new opinion and has little to do with the 2017 film, as I still haven't seen it and don't really have an interest in it, but I finally watched the original 1995 version of this today and I was STRUCK. There are few more powerful dystopias than that for the concepts of self, the march of technology, it all still holds up, and I'm finally getting where the Matrix got so many of its ideas from.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:41 PM