BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
27 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack's Favourite Solo Female Act, WINNER REVEALED
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
King Rollo
post 12th February 2020, 08:25 PM
Post #501
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

I only voted for three of the top 20 but two of them finished 1st and 2nd so that was a good result. Madonna is a worthy winner as she has released so many memorable singles and was involved in writing most of them.

Thanks Gezza for doing this. It's been interesting following the results. I hope you might do favourite solo male some time. That would be really unpredictable.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th February 2020, 08:35 PM
Post #502
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Ooh! That was half surprising. Dunno why I doubted it in the first place laugh.gif

Thanks for running this Gezza. It's been a blast! Loved seeing how the newer artists stacked up against the legendary acts. That top 10 is ICONIC. Like, I genuinely don't know a more Buzzjack top 10! laugh.gif (even with Taylor and Katy missing from it)

I'm just so ecstatic Kelly got enough casuals on board to throw her into the top 10 cry.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 12th February 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #503
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Great thread and I so enjoyed the countdown but slightly disappointed kylie didn't win.

+Quote this post
Gezza
post 12th February 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #504
Group icon
Ciao, 911? E 'Quagmire. Sì, è preso nella finestra di questo
User: 13,341

OK I'll do a Male solo artist one around Easter time just to make you all happy!

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 12th February 2020, 09:39 PM
Post #505
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

phew, a miracle happened and we got the right winner
of course Madonna has been shit for the last 10 years but we're judging a lifetime career

Madonna has so many classics it's almost impossible to count
Borderline, Like a virgin, Material Girl, Into the groove, Dress you up, Live to tell, Papa don't preach, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer
Vogue, Frozen, Ray of Light, Music

as I posted before, Kylie is nice and I get why some are fascinated by her but really, how many classics does Kylie have? imho just one, Can't Get You Out of My Head, and thats it, some very very good songs too sure (All the lovers, Better the Devil you know, Spinning around), but also lots of really bad songs that were hits cos it was Kylie and she was so popular in the beginning she could get away with it. Actually I believe SAW never made the biggest effort for Kylie. They just gave them average songs cos they knew anything worked. But songs like Got to be Certain or I wouldn't change a thing would have charted at #194 if sung by someone else. They were lucky she was so popular but they never gave her an 11/10 song like they did for Rick Astley (Never gonna give you up) or Mel & Kim (Respectable) or Bananarama (Love in the first degree). Kylie was extremely lucky to grab Can't Get You Out of My Head and even then she lost it very quickly. She released only a couple of great songs post-Fever, meaning the 2010s have been pretty bad for both Madonna and Kylie...

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 12th February 2020, 10:06 PM
Post #506
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

QUOTE(Bjork @ Feb 12 2020, 09:39 PM) *
of course Madonna has been shit for the last 10 years but we're judging a lifetime career

Borderline, Like a virgin, Material Girl, Into the groove, Dress you up, Live to tell, Papa don't preach, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer

as I posted before, Kylie is nice and I get why some are fascinated by her but really, how many classics does Kylie have? imho just one, Can't Get You Out of My Head, and thats it, some very very good songs too sure (All the lovers, Better the Devil you know, Spinning around), but also lots of really bad songs that were hits cos it was Kylie and she was so popular in the beginning she could get away with it. Actually I believe SAW never made the biggest effort for Kylie. They just gave them average songs cos they knew anything worked. But songs like Got to be Certain or I wouldn't change a thing would have charted at #194 if sung by someone else. They were lucky she was so popular but they never gave her an 11/10 song like they did for Rick Astley (Never gonna give you up) or Mel & Kim (Respectable) or Bananarama (Love in the first degree). Kylie was extremely lucky to grab Can't Get You Out of My Head and even then she lost it very quickly. She released only a couple of great songs post-Fever, meaning the 2010s have been pretty bad for both Madonna and Kylie...

Wow so much of this just really pisses me off but oh well, some people have taste and some don’t. But yeah kylie has lasted over 30 years by releasing average music, that must obviously be right and lucky for over 30 years obviously too, explains it all 🙄

+Quote this post
Dark Horse
post 12th February 2020, 10:51 PM
Post #507
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,457

QUOTE(Bjork @ Feb 12 2020, 11:39 PM) *

you lost all credibility after stating that Mel & Kim or Bananarama songs were superior to Kylie which is really laughable,SAW gave Kylie some of their best songs (i should be so Lucky, Hand on ur heart, Step back in time, what do i have to do, better the devil etc) and she was the only one of all SAW artists to survive the SAW curse and stay successful afterwards, she has released some of the best songs of the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s and is still going strong after all these years, releasing some amazing songs such as Spnning around, on a night, Can’t get you Out of my head, love at first sight, all the lovers etc. Her 2019 Glastonbury record breaking performance and her 2 number 1 albums in 2018 and 2019 are here to prove that she’s still got it.....her only weak point in her career is her lack of US success probably due to bad decisions from her management and label,... but the rest of the world still loves her and admires her to this day, she’s a global icon and is here to stay...

+Quote this post
Brer
post 12th February 2020, 11:12 PM
Post #508
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Kylie is a bit overrated tbh

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 12th February 2020, 11:14 PM
Post #509
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

Great countdown, I've really enjoyed following it. Madonna a very deserved winner (and nice to see my 30 pointer win) though I'm surprised at what a landslide victory it was.

I'll look forward to the male solo artists one at Easter then - which I think will be much harder to predict!

This post has been edited by M4NGO: 12th February 2020, 11:15 PM

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 12th February 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #510
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Thanks for this, Gezza. Really interesting to see the results.
Pleasantly surprised to see Madonna ahead of Kylie, the latter always seems to have such a huge fan base on here but Madonna has always been miles ahead for me.

Annoyed I didn’t vote in this. Björk would’ve been higher along with Lykke Li, Lauryn Hill and M.I.A. heart.gif
It wasn’t as obvious as I thought it’d be at all though.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th February 2020, 02:27 AM
Post #511
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

To suggest Kylie has only 1 classic is laughable. I should be so lucky alone is also seen as a classic. So many of Kylies songs get played almost 30 years on, Especially for You , The Loco Motion and Better the Devil you Know are widely known. While im not the biggest fan of Spinning Around it is yet another example of a Kylie classic and so well known and the list goes on. I totally understand Kylie isnt everyones cup of tea but give credit where its due.

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 13th February 2020, 09:31 AM
Post #512
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

I think you need to watch back Kylie's Glastonbury set if you think she only has one classic. This post really is laughable laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 13th February 2020, 01:42 PM
Post #513
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Oh man, I'm also surprised Kylie didn't win but happy for Madonna, not that I voted for either one! Great countdown, thank you Gezza, looking forward to the next one biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 13th February 2020, 02:21 PM
Post #514
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I am very surprised Kylie did not win but she scored very well and coming second is still an amazing result but not as amazing as it could have been.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 13th February 2020, 02:39 PM
Post #515
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

The right person won !!!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 13th February 2020, 04:19 PM
Post #516
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I dont agree the right person won but Madoona is a worthy winner.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 13th February 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #517
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

This thread was epic

+Quote this post
pippa
post 13th February 2020, 08:10 PM
Post #518
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The thread was fanastic and i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 13th February 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #519
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

Madge is definitely the right winner, glad to see Britney so high. Gaga and Kylie are a bit to high in this list, esp Gaga IMO.

+Quote this post
Dark Horse
post 13th February 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #520
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,457

next up there should be Buzzjack’s favorite band/group....then favorite male....even though i think the latter is more predictable... Michael Jackson should comfortably get the number 1...

+Quote this post

27 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:05 AM