BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Alice Glass - PREY//IV, debut solo album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 30th January 2021, 05:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Surprised there isn't a thread for this already - Alice Glass (formerly of Crystal Castles) is set to drop her debut full-length solo album this year, following her eponymous EP all the way back in 2017.

She dropped the lead single 'SUFFER AND SWALLOW' a couple of weeks back and it's quite a demented banger. Pretty disturbing music video though (just going to post a link rather than embedding it because the thumbnail gives me the heebie jeebies, click at your own risk xx)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaaCZh_4NHw

wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 15th March 2022, 07:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

So this album is out now, thought I should probably bump this thread since I made it a while ago even though there clearly aren't many BuzzJackers paying attention to her!

There were 3 other singles ahead of the album:

'LOVE IS VIOLENCE' does have a music video as well but linking the audio one here as it has a rather NSFL thumbnail (and the rest of the video is even worse than the thumbnail lol)

This single from 2018 was also included on the album:

And we got one more music video for another track alongside the album release:

Unfortunately am finding the new stuff a little bit underwhelming on the whole ('THE HUNTED' is the only new track that's standing out a lot to me, 'ANIMOSITY', 'EVERYBODY ELSE' and 'PREY' are all pretty good as well, can kind of take or leave the rest) but I do really like the singles, 'FAIR GAME' and 'LOVE IS VIOLENCE' in particular as well as 'SUFFER AND SWALLOW' as mentioned in the OP.

'FAIR GAME' is a pretty visceral and heartbreaking track though knowing the context of her experience with Ethan Kath </3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 03:57 AM