BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> How long will Rishi last as PM?, here we go again
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
How long will Rishi last as PM?
How long will he be leader?
less than 3 months [ 2 ] ** [5.26%]
3 months [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 months [ 6 ] ** [15.79%]
12 months [ 7 ] ** [18.42%]
2 years [ 18 ] ** [47.37%]
3 years + [ 5 ] ** [13.16%]
Bonus question: Who will be the next PM?
Boris Johnson [ 2 ] ** [5.26%]
Penny Mordaunt [ 1 ] ** [2.63%]
Keir Starmer [ 29 ] ** [76.32%]
Someone else [ 6 ] ** [15.79%]
Total votes: 39

danG
post 24th October 2022, 03:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I give it about 6 months until they're forced into a GE for one reason or another. Maybe even less than that but I don't expect he'll perform quite so disastrously as Liz Truss.
Keir Starmer as next PM after that.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 24th October 2022, 03:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

I do not expect a General Election- the polls are cataclysmically bad for the Tories at the moment and they have the majority and power to call one.

Therefore, I think quite likely lasting 18 months until the spring of 2024 when they will be voted out, but much more narrowly than the polls are suggesting now. Agreed that Keir Starmer will be the next Prime Minister.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 24th October 2022, 06:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I'll say ~6 months with a GE in sometime in March/April.

This post has been edited by Envoirment: 24th October 2022, 06:41 PM

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 24th October 2022, 06:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

I think he may actually last a couple of years - although I think any PM who gets their position without public vote is always at risk.

Unless the Tories turn it around before the next election, Labour will walk the next election. In saying that though, all it needs is for a competent leader and the right win fanatics that worshipped Johnson before he fell apart will just go back to being staunch Tory voters.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 24th October 2022, 07:10 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I think the wheels will come off around Christmas/new year for him.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 24th October 2022, 07:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Barring any scandal/complete incompetence or MPs defecting, I'd honestly be surprised if he doesn't make it until 2024, though I guess you can't rule out anything these days! He isn't as obviously incompetent or chaotic as his two predecessors though. I guess his main issue is whether he gets the media and the right of his party on his side, if not, it could definitely backfire.

I will be optimistic and say Keir Starmer will be the next PM, it'd be quite something if he could turn a 40 point deficit around and I just can't see him being the one to do that.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 24th October 2022, 07:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I’ve said a year, hoping there’ll be a GE I that time.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 24th October 2022, 07:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I think it depends on how he manages to hold the party together and the market reaction to any fiscal policies. His seems to be at least moderately more grounded in reality that those of truss and so it shouldn’t be the markets that bring him down.

I can see it going the rest of the term if it’s boringly inoffensive steady the ship kinda stuff and if they kinda get the economy to take a chill pill for half a minute then there is a fairly good chance the next election won’t be a catastrophe for them.

That’s all heavily dependent though on him holding the party together. This feels v Australian Labor party circa Rudd-Gillard-Rudd and they need a shorten type to kinda steady the ship and get them all back into alignment.

I hope of course it goes spectacularly wrong but I would. Complete and absolute chaos at Westminster in comparison to the calm and stable administration at Holyrood it’s just a perfect argument for independence getting us away from chaos rather than causing it

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 24th October 2022, 07:40 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I think Rishi will be gone as soon as the next General Election comes around but I don't think he'll quit before then. I voted 12 months but it solely depends on when the next election will be. Keir Starmer will move into 10 Downing Street straight after.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 24th October 2022, 07:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Not sure but I'll go with until the next general election. I do fear that if anyone could somehow turn the narrative around then it could be him, especially as he's synonymous with bringing down Johnson and also being against the strategy and approach of Truss.

+Quote this post
ta-ra*el~la
post 25th October 2022, 04:27 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 18,962

One should never underestimate people like Rishi. I think Labour can still win in 2024, but only if they are solidly united behind Starmer. I think the party that looks more united in 2023-4 will win, because ordinary people don't want drama. (If both parties are a mess then I think Tories win, because they would choose status quo then.)

+Quote this post
zenon
post 25th October 2022, 09:18 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,809

Sunak will fight the next General Election but it will have come too late for him and the Tories even if he's still PM in 2024.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 25th October 2022, 10:31 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

I hope and pray and optimistically think that the Tories will lose this next one. God help us if they don't.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th October 2022, 10:52 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I think he's "competent" enough (not even truly competent, just not a complete and utter disaster like Liz Truss) that he will last until whenever an election is, which I do think will be when one is scheduled in 2024 sadly. I worry that with pretty much 2 years to go, somehow they will weasel out of it and the idiot public will vote for them again by them :/

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 25th October 2022, 11:55 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Guess who have already responded to the return of Cruella

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 26th October 2022, 07:44 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

He'll stabilise the economy.

Then when he tries to do other things/ get legislation through, the right of the party will become a massive thorn in his side - basically as they were with May.

So I reckon a forced GE next year after the coronation. So I'd give him 12 months.

Misread the second question as who would be next leader after Sunak. So I voted for Johnson (as he'll swoop in to try and save the Tories).

GE wise - Starmer

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: 26th October 2022, 07:45 AM

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 25th October 2023, 10:37 AM
Post #17
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

It is now exactly one year since Rishi Sunak become PM. He came to power just a little under 2 months after losing to his predecessor, who then went on to lose to a lettuce. In that time and using his stunning mandate which amounts to 'fuck all from nobody' he has cancelled and salted the earth on the entire northern leg of the HS2 rail line plan between Birmingham and Manchester, a short-term decision that he made inexplicably from Manchester, and proceeded to gaslight the public by suggesting he hadn't made a decision before he went there (spoiler: that was a lie) and that it was a 'brave, difficult long-term decision'. He has presided over one of the most right wing and cruel governments when it comes to immigration, allowing the Home Secretary and others to use dangerous and divisive rhetoric that it took Gary Lineker of all people to call out.

Have your thoughts changed on how successful he may be (an election must be held by January 2025) and has he done enough to erase the trauma of the UK's shortest-serving PM that crashed the economy 12 months ago? Will his swing behind anti-green and culture war agenda be enough to prop up the last gasp of a dying zombie government?

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 25th October 2023, 11:41 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Wasn't exactly difficult to outdo his predecessor (nor indeed the 2 before that) but I still don't think he'll be at the top come 2025.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 25th October 2023, 02:19 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

above thread pretty much sums the last year up

a weak ineffectual PM in thrall to the extreme elements of his party (or in some interpretations, seemingly very keen to go along with them despite trying to present himself otherwise), talks big and does nothing to back up that talk, somehow seems to think he's getting away with it, I could probably poison myself with alcohol with a drinking game of his PMQs (' I refuse to answer this question so I can get on with DELIVERING FOR THE PEOPLE OF BRITAIN', 'Labour higher taxes', 'anyone else remember CORBYN' etc),

His cancellation of HS2 to be replaced with random word salad of projects that may or may not actually exist did prove to me he has no chance of catching up. To think we were scared of him. The man is just spectacularly bad at politics. And clearly more in it for the money he gets out of it to add to his vast wealth than any single sense of service towards the country. Johnson, Truss and Sunak all have that in common.

anyway he will be PM until the next election whenever that is, god willing it is May or earlier.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 25th October 2023, 05:16 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

May 2024 is the chance to vote Rishi out

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >