BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Alan Carr's Happy Hour, fridays at 8pm
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Nov 29 2016, 12:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Following a mixture of declining ratings and the Last Leg's increase in viewers, Channel 4 have opted to rest Chatty Man and have given Alan Carr a new show that will air earlier in the evening. Alan Carr's Happy Hour will air on Fridays at 8pm and will feature sketches, games, chat and music. I think it's going to focus more on being an entertainment show then being a chat show, perhaps Alan's version of TFI Friday. They'll sadly be no appearances from Alan's infamous globe though.

It starts on Friday with Rebel Wilson, Jack Whitehall, Rob Beckett, Bastille and James Arthur joining as guests! I'm looking forward to it as I've been missing Chatty Man, it never failed to make me laugh!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Dec 14 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
tried watching one of these and it was so bad. pls bring back chatty man i just want the interviewsss

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Dec 14 2016, 01:16 PM
Post #3
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
so much filler. it was like a cut down specstacular and they're always lowlight of his for me

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Dec 17 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I agree that I'd much rather Chatty Man was back. I enjoy certain elements of this but, overall, it's a bit of a mess and suffers from being too all over the place and frantic like TFI Friday was. The editing is really poor but I can kind of sympathise as there's obviously a lot to fit into the ~45 mins. For example, last night there were a few times where Judge Rinder started to say something but they'd cut forward for the next shot. Also, in the final part with the couple they had a few long shots that showed more presents on stage, as they'd clearly gone through more questions for the recording but cutting the number of questions meant less presents in the final episode.

It may be a few minor things but it highlights that there are elements that can easily be improved if they want this to continue next year. I think there needs to be a greater focus on what format they want rather than chucking a load of random elements together and hoping it all works out.

Monday sees another Alan Carr show though with Alan Carr's 12 Stars of Christmas that will run nightly (I think) and is more of a quiz.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 21 2016, 02:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I'm really enjoying the 12 Stars of Christmas thing! Just some good, light Christmas entertainment <3

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:01 PM