BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> X-Men: Apocalypse
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post 16th July 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Some new still have been released for this and I didn't see any other thread, so making one.

Olivia Munn as Psylocke may be the best casting of any X-Man ever *.* and MOWKAWK STORM w00t.gif Apocalypse looks dumb as f*** though drama.gif
Seems like Magneto, Storm, Archangel and Psylocke are the Four Horsemen. Nice to see Evan Peters back too <3

I've not been so fond of the "past" X-men team, especially Xavier and Mystique, but this looks like it could be the best movie of the series.

This post has been edited by Regina: 17th July 2015, 10:25 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 16th July 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

Fassbender looking good as always! Cannot wait for the release of this next year, especially after Days Of Future Past wub.gif

+Quote this post
LUKΞ
post 16th July 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 3,609

nooo Apocalypse looks terrible sad.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th July 2015, 07:29 AM
Post #4
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

fix spelling plz eyes bleeding smile.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 8th February 2016, 03:25 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

EEEEEEEEEEEEE

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 8th February 2016, 08:05 AM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Ah, I love that trailer. The shot of Psylocke cutting the car in my half is my favourite but Mystique being straggled looks interesting too. Probably my most hyped movie this year.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 8th February 2016, 11:49 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter

I think Olivia Munn as Psylocke is the best casting choice of any Marvel movie EVER. She looks totally how I wanted her to be wub.gif It's about time the worlds
best british telepath-telekinetic in the body of a Japanese ninja got a decent movie version. Glad they made use of her psychic knife/sword, Psylocke is so badass with them in the comics.

Apocalypse looks a bit silly compared to his comic version but hey ho.

I MEAN

Queen.

This post has been edited by Regina: 8th February 2016, 11:54 AM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th May 2016, 11:29 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

This seems to be getting mixed to negative reviews so far sad.gif (seems similar reviews to batman vs superman but without being loathed anywhere near as much)

Still excited for it, seeing this the week after release!

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 9th May 2016, 11:35 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

I absolutely love the X-Men movies but I just can't get excited for this. The trailers made it look like a hot muddled mess and the reviews seem to be leaning that way too.

Though that clip of Olivia splitting the car in half is absolutely epic.

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: 9th May 2016, 11:36 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th May 2016, 11:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Getting slated, so bad. Like 'Batman vs Superman' bad... Eek.

Edit: Learn to read before commenting Jonathan
Sorry UV! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post 13th May 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Raining Shitter

They've gone down a route with these movies that limits the progress and connection to the comics sad.gif A lot of the direction is just not drawing me in, with very
little new stuff keeping me interested. DoFP had enough "classic" X-men themes to it to make it a strong movie and the best one, but this, hmm.
Psylocke remains epic. Apocalypse remains a joke.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 18th May 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Better than Superman vs Batman, but not as good as Captain America. It has it's epic moments, but is a very slow start (I nodded off, oops!), and I still absolutely love Quicksilver in the X-Men movies (a real character, love the effects and the music combo) and I enjoyed seeing younger versions of the original X-Men movie characters. That said, it was a bit of a mish mash plotwise, and as is often the way in badly plotted films the odd moral problem is completely skipped over (we are talking mass murder here, the consequences of that weren't even mentioned). That would actually have made a more interesting plot wrap-up than the first half hour. I'm feeling generous and I love the heroes, so 7/10 (but 6.5 is nearer)

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 19th May 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I agree there were some parts of the film were I drifted off, but I found it better than the previous X Men movie, I believe its gone full circle now at the end, it sort of connects with the original films. It feels like its the last of its kind, but on the horizon there is a new X Men movie series called X-Men: The New Mutants with Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane *.* the only other character that is cast is Alexandra Shipp as Storm directed by Josh Boone.

+Quote this post
post 20th May 2016, 09:53 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Seeing this tomorrow. Really enjoyed DOFP and the reviews for this are quite sad to see so I'm worried. At least one person thinks it's better than the last one Martin, that gives me some sort of hope!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th May 2016, 09:56 AM
Post #15
Group icon

DOFP is brilliant. 'First Class' is my favourite though. I'm still excited to see this, despite the cold reaction to it. From what I can gather, the franchise is "stale" and that's what seems to be the main problem, but I've had one or two friends say they still liked it (but not loved it). So we shall see...

+Quote this post
post 20th May 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(Jonjo @ May 20 2016, 10:56 AM) *
DOFP is brilliant. 'First Class' is my favourite though. I'm still excited to see this, despite the cold reaction to it. From what I can gather, the franchise is "stale" and that's what seems to be the main problem, but I've had one or two friends say they still liked it (but not loved it). So we shall see...

Yeah, i've had a couple of friends saying they "loved" it. I mean, I generally have better taste than my friends but still wink.gif.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 20th May 2016, 10:46 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I think I have to agree First Class (60s) is brilliant after seeing all 3 of this series, DOFP (70s) worked well as a story with Apocalypse (80s), its quite enjoyable, probably its just me, as it felt there are more X-Men characters than usual, we have at least 3 to 5 new additions which gave the film more punch to it. but I can't see this series going on any more they did mention 5 movies arc to begin with (90s and 00s yet to come).

Not too sure how the new set of movies (The New Mutants (as far as I know it could be a spin off)) then X-Men such as Warlock, Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot and Magik are all set to be heading to the big screen., unless that's the follow up title to Apocalypse, there is no release date for it yet, and not fully casted.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 20th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Having just seen this (and having my first exposure to X-Men on Tuesday and Thursday by seeing First Class and Days Of Future Past, so the franchise is kind of new to me) I wouldn't say it was bad, pretty enjoyable for a superhero film - and I'm always eager to be a critic with those. Not quite as good as the other two as they made real good use of their time settings and Apocalypse was not a great villain, worst part of the thing, but X-Men on the whole seems a more appealing universe to me (what with moving through historical eras and tons of new mutants each time) and so I'm surprised I've not picked up on it sooner.

Quicksilver is utterly fantastic though, the highlight of the latter two movies, for the bits he was in, and I understand they can't really overuse him or it gets stale but he's definitely the most fun there.

+Quote this post
jark
post 21st May 2016, 10:36 PM
Post #19
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

I dunno what the hate is about because I bloody loved this. Yeah some of the characters are drawn in broad strokes (neither Angel nor Psylocke has any personality, Apocalypse literally touches a TV screen for five seconds and decides he hates humanity) but when has X-Men ever been about subtlety?

Although Civil War was a better-written movie, I personally enjoyed this one more. It's just so much fun. Jean Grey is absolutely spectacular and has one scene in particular in the big battle that literally had me open mouthed with sheer ecstasy. Cyclops and Nightcrawler are both fantastic and McAvoy has never been better. The scene that calls back to the first film with the same dialogue between Magneto and Xavier was so great. I'm going to see it a second time. Total win.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 21st May 2016, 10:58 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Yeah, I've just got back from seeing this and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would too. My only main criticism really, was that Apocalypse was incredibly weak for a guy who has as much power as he does and I can't help but feel that Oscar was wasted in that role and deserved so much more. Sophie is my favourite Jean already tbh. She brings so much more depth and vulnerability to the character, imo. For the most part the casting was actually great, but I agree with Jark and what he said about Psylocke and Angel having no personality and being pretty bland for the most part.

I think this film also confirmed that Scott Summers is one of my absolute favourite superheroes! Quicksilver was, yet again, on point. Evan really fills that role perfectly. Storm was great too and of course Fassbender and particularly McAvoy were incredible. The chemistry them two have when on screen together really is quite something!

Seeing Wolverine again was really cool! That whole scene was fantastically dark/grim and it got me SO excited for the new 15/Rated R Wolverine film!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:42 AM