BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sam Smith - Love Goes, 3rd album • 30/10/20
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Bjork
post Feb 14 2020, 11:08 AM
Post #41
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

I like this one on first listen, much more than How Do I Sleep, never got used to the weird drop in that song
is he really gonna include Fire on Fire? That was a pretty un-memorable song, same for his I Feel Love cover, so uninspiring sad.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Feb 14 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #42
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

I’m thinking that Fire on Fire and I Feel Love might be deluxe only tracks

+Quote Post
LouisL
post Feb 14 2020, 11:45 AM
Post #43
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 42,419
   No Gallery Pics

This new one is definitely a step back for me, I even prefer I Feel Love

+Quote Post
kye
post Feb 14 2020, 11:53 AM
Post #44
• aesthetic party •
Member No.: 2,169

i really like this! they were due a ballad, it’s kind of what they’re known for. they’ll be hoping for another radio hit to get some pre-orders for the album.

This post has been edited by kye: Feb 14 2020, 11:53 AM

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 14 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #45
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Can y'all try and use the correct pronoun, please? Thank you biggrin.gif

---

As for the song, it's cute enough. Could be endearingly cute, depending on how often I go back to it. I couldn't watch the video though. There's nothing I am scared of more than Spiders, but Mannequins/Dolls run them very close aha. So I had to stop watching the video. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kye
post Feb 14 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #46
• aesthetic party •
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Feb 14 2020, 04:31 PM) *
As for the song, it's cute enough. Could be endearingly cute, depending on how often I go back to it. I couldn't watch the video though. There's nothing I am scared of more than Spiders, but Mannequins/Dolls run them very close aha. So I had to stop watching the video. laugh.gif

first read of this, i was like wtf where were the spiders?! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 15 2020, 12:15 AM
Post #47
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Feb 14 2020, 11:18 AM) *
I’m thinking that Fire on Fire and I Feel Love might be deluxe only tracks

I Feel Love is track #8, Fire on Fire is track #14 on the standard version. No deluxe (yet)

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Feb 15 2020, 01:16 AM
Post #48
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I like this track it's standard Sam Smith but that's a good thing, solid song to start the album campaign.

Does Jake Gyllenhaal get an actual feature?

+Quote Post
Red Blooded Man
post Feb 15 2020, 06:37 AM
Post #49
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 822
   No Gallery Pics

The song is a lot less melodramatic and the chorus still manages to be catchy enough. It's a grower overall.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Feb 15 2020, 09:34 AM
Post #50
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

I think he will struggle and perform considerably less well with this new album. The new song is nice but doesn’t stand out enough to be a big hit.

+Quote Post
Juan Carlos
post Feb 16 2020, 02:31 AM
Post #51
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,211
   No Gallery Pics

Demi's collaboration (track #11) is called "I'm Ready" and Labrinth's collaboration (track #9) is called "Love In C Major". Both of them were revealed by Olly here and here, respectively, so he's the source.

It's called 'I'm Ready', video shoot on 20th and 21st.
Track 9 from "To Die For" album.

Interesting collaboration...

If it's considered that there's a video shoot of the former song, it seems that it will be the next single.

+Quote Post
SLlewellyn
post Feb 16 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #52
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 13,126
   No Gallery Pics

LOVE “To Die For”, much more interesting than any of the ballads on the last album. This next album is going to have all sorts on it, I can’t wait!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 16 2020, 04:56 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Feb 15 2020, 09:34 AM) *
I think he will struggle and perform considerably less well with this new album. The new song is nice but doesn’t stand out enough to be a big hit.

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Feb 14 2020, 04:31 PM) *
Can y'all try and use the correct pronoun, please? Thank you biggrin.gif
Please?

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 16 2020, 11:09 PM
Post #54

*In reference to deleted post*

I don't care if Sam ever views this thread or not, I'm not tolerating any disrespectful, rude and ignorant comments irregardless of whether that specific artist (whether it's Sam, Anne-Marie or bloody Madonna) is likely to read the thread.

Any further ignorant posts like the one I just deleted will get a warning. I've posted (rather politely?) asking if people could please use the correct pronouns twice. I've let the first batch of comments off, coz I understand people slip up sometimes as it's a relatively new thing for most people, but I'm not tolerating any more now these warnings have been issued.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Feb 16 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #55
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

What was the rude comment?

+Quote Post
.MIKE.
post Feb 16 2020, 11:40 PM
Post #56
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,808

I generally think it’s okay to forgive people for misgendering for a while yet.. the world has been conditioned into referring to people as he/she and it seems incredibly unfair and non-productive to vilify people for getting it wrong! And really does not help in making a change! It just results in people feeling too scared to talk about it !

However, having said that.. every thread about Sam Smith is full of comments which do not misgender and refer to Sam as they/their. We read previous comments before posting, so how the hell are we mis-gendering here?!

And back on topic, I love the new song. Probably the weakest of the 3 singles so far, but will hopefully help with album pre-orders and sell it

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 16 2020, 11:45 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(.MIKE. @ Feb 16 2020, 11:40 PM) *
I generally think it’s okay to forgive people for misgendering for a while yet.. the world has been conditioned into referring to people as he/she and it seems incredibly unfair and non-productive to vilify people for getting it wrong! And really does not help in making a change! It just results in people feeling too scared to talk about it !

However, having said that.. every thread about Sam Smith is full of comments which do not misgender and refer to Sam as they/their. We read previous comments before posting, so how the hell are we mis-gendering here?!

And back on topic, I love the new song. Probably the weakest of the 3 singles so far, but will hopefully help with album pre-orders and sell it
I agree. Which is why I have ignored being harsh on the earlier posts that still mis-gendered them. I gave two polite notifications/warnings about this. I'm not having some sarcastic remark that completely sounds like they're purposefully gonna ignore the requests just because "It's not like Sam Smith will read the comments... teresa.gif" or whatever.

+Quote Post
Mikal
post Feb 17 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #58
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,092

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Feb 16 2020, 11:09 PM) *
*In reference to deleted post*

I don't care if Sam ever views this thread or not, I'm not tolerating any disrespectful, rude and ignorant comments irregardless of whether that specific artist (whether it's Sam, Anne-Marie or bloody Madonna) is likely to read the thread.

Any further ignorant posts like the one I just deleted will get a warning. I've posted (rather politely?) asking if people could please use the correct pronouns twice. I've let the first batch of comments off, coz I understand people slip up sometimes as it's a relatively new thing for most people, but I'm not tolerating any more now these warnings have been issued.

Thank you.

Absolutely, and it is nothing to do with Sam Smith reading this thread in particular. There could be a forum member on here who is coming to terms with their identity and seeing someone like Sam being misgendered could be very triggering. Think before you post everyone, it's really not difficult.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Feb 17 2020, 08:35 PM
Post #59
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I had kind of low expectations for this despite liking their previous singles from this era what with it being a ballad but I am actually really liking this, beautiful stuff wub.gif Sam has really done a total 180 for me this era from being one of my least favourite mainstream artists to actually being one of the more consistently good ones!

Didn't expect 'Fire On Fire' to actually be on the album but I thought that was surprisingly good as well. Didn't really care too much for their cover of 'I Feel Love' but 4 out of 5 ain't bad ~

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Feb 17 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #60
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

Well I'm surprised after reading the comments because on first listen I'm hooked ohmy.gif Gorgeous song.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:51 AM