BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sherlock, BBC1 | Series 4 teaser trailer released
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post Jul 31 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
brilliant?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 31 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Very brilliant, perfect casting heart.gif Cannot wait for it tomorrow

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Aug 1 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Excellent, still got last week's episode to watch. Benedict would make a great Dr. Who, if Matt Smith bails out at some point. I'm sure he will get a leg up since the series has got the same producers behind Sherlock.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Aug 1 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Tonights ep was even better than last week heart.gif

+Quote this post
Osiris
post Aug 2 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Am I a righteous man?
User: 522
Quite like this, though I'm one ep behind

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Aug 3 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190
QUOTE(M!key @ Aug 2 2010, 12:22 AM) *
Excellent, still got last week's episode to watch. Benedict would make a great Dr. Who, if Matt Smith bails out at some point. I'm sure he will get a leg up since the series has got the same producers behind Sherlock.

Apparently Benedict was actually in the running, but didn't want it.. Something to do with not wanting his face on lunchboxes or summat..... laugh.gif laugh.gif Pity, cos this show proves that he'd make a far, far better Doctor than Matt Smith, who is frankly a bit of a lightweight IMO...

I think Benedict really brings out the manic side and the darkness of Holmes really well, this is a good, solid series which does a good job of updating Conan Doyle's creation for a 21st Century audience.. Mark Gattiss is also similarly perfectly cast as Holmes' brother Mycroft, I really loved the blind alley that Moffatt sent us up in the first episode, making us assume that Gattiss was actually playing Moriarty... TBH, I'm preferring this to much of series 5 of Dr Who in a lot of ways....

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Aug 3 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I wonder if Prof. Moriarty appears in the last episode on Sunday, there seems to be a twist at the end of the last episode.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Aug 4 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #8
Group icon
QUOTE(M!key @ Aug 3 2010, 06:49 PM) *
I wonder if Prof. Moriarty appears in the last episode on Sunday, there seems to be a twist at the end of the last episode.

Are there not four episodes of this...? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Aug 4 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Only 3 sad.gif But they want to make more biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Aug 4 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #10
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
BBC will definitely make more. Probably do a full 6 episode series, although i'd be surprised if its on air until late 2011/early 2012. The critical praise it has been getting is excellent, and the viewing figures have been exceptionally good so the BBC will definitely want to renew it (as they have aleady stated). The main stumbling point is going to be that Moffat is in charge of Doctor Who now and iirc he wrote this BEFORE he was tied up to DW...

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Aug 4 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I got a funny feeling the current series was a 6 parter 45 minutes running time each episode, as 2 part episodes. The series was meant to be run earlier in the year. 3 episodes do seem kinda odd, the BBC must have decided to show each episode as 1 hour 30 mins running time.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Aug 6 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon
QUOTE(M!key @ Aug 4 2010, 04:42 PM) *
I got a funny feeling the current series was a 6 parter 45 minutes running time each episode, as 2 part episodes. The series was meant to be run earlier in the year. 3 episodes do seem kinda odd, the BBC must have decided to show each episode as 1 hour 30 mins running time.

TBH, I kind of like them this way, as self-contained "films", obviously there's more time to develop the plot and characters and you dont have to worry about building things up to a "cliff-hanger" ending and just have the story flow more naturally.... If they did do two-parters, it would be better to do it in the same way that Waking The Dead or Silent Witness does, as two hour-long episodes running on concurrent nights, so there's more time to flesh things out in episode one... 15 mins extra does make a lot of difference to the plot, there seems to be just more balance with regards to pacing.....

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Aug 8 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Brilliant I was glued to the TV screen all the time, but I wasn't prepared for a cliffhanger of an episode.

They just have to do a Christmas episode, as I can't wait for the next series.

+Quote this post
Jester
post Aug 8 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12
Well, that was amazing - I didn't spot Moriarty at all (its a good plot device to put the villain in somewhere as a inconsequential bit part) and the acting was superb.

More!

+Quote this post
Steve D
post Aug 8 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757
incredible but i'm disappointed we have that big of a cliff hanger as it might be ages before we see another episode.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Aug 8 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #16
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
Mindblowingly amazing.

Didn't spot Moriaty either! I did think that it was going to be Watson when he came out at the swimming pool! Excellent stuff.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Aug 8 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Brilliant episode, this just went from strength to strength. Can't wait for more biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Steve D
post Aug 8 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757
QUOTE(Rooney @ Aug 8 2010, 11:16 PM) *
Mindblowingly amazing.

Didn't spot Moriaty either! I did think that it was going to be Watson when he came out at the swimming pool! Excellent stuff.

i did too, my mum kept saying it was going to be the landlady all the way through which i thought was quite funny.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Aug 10 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brillliant final episode.... Loved the huge "Maguffin"with the top secret plans, and the way you're led to think that they're so important when in fact Moriarty couldn't care less about them.... Sherlock is the sort of brilliantly written, acted and made show that we need a hell of a lot more of on telly, Benedict Cumberbatch has not only been excellent throughout this series, he has pretty much become Holmes over the course of the show in a similar way to Jeremy Brett in the classic ITV series, the attitude, the mannerisms, the mild insanity, it's all there really, a very talented actor, more than ably supported by the excellent Martin Freeman as Watson, who's not just the "side-kick" as he's so often been portrayed, Mark Gattiss as brother Mycroft is the icing on the cake....

Three episodes is simply not enough, I want MORE dammit.........

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Aug 10 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I am suffering from withdrawal symptions, Sunday nights will never be the same without Sherlock sob.gif

+Quote this post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:53 AM