BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Tomorrowland | 22.05.2015, Disney's next big hit?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Oct 9 2014, 11:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Looks like it could be breath taking!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Qween
post Oct 10 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
YAY for big budget sci fi/fantasy *.*

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Oct 15 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Well I'll go for that teaser!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 2 2015, 02:47 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Superbowl TV Spot:

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 10 2015, 04:45 AM
Post #5
Group icon
The first FULL trailer got released today and it looks AMAZING.

Very, VERY excited. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Mar 10 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
That looks fantastic, definitely in my watchlist now!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post May 22 2015, 05:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Thought this was very cool! Visually great. 130 minutes soon passed by without dragging.

I feel like it's set up for a sequel, it definitely doesn't feel like a full, complete story to me. But that might be in part because I felt the conclusion was quite rushed after all the set-up. I loved how they set it up though, giving the background and context etc. and I love Britt Robertson.

The boy playing George Clooney's character as a child reminded me a lot of the iconic Bobby from EastEnders. laugh.gif

At times I thought it could be pushing a 9 but a very solid 8/10 from me.

+Quote this post
Frank!
post May 25 2015, 08:31 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761
I was disapointed. Very predictable and cliché.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post May 26 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
I found this okay, like I'm glad I watched it but probably wouldn't watch it again. It's left me feeling good about the world but it was a bit predictable at times, the conclusion felt very Doctor Who to me although I don't know if that's just my lack of film knowledge laugh.gif Visually it was very nice though and I loved main female actor in it! Although thumbs down for all the 'British' characters have accents like the Queen.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 27 2015, 10:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I'd probably say this is my favourite movie of the year so far and is literally everything I would love from a movie. The acting was amazing, especially Britt Robertson who was superb and reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence. I also really like Clooney and the young robot. The direction was amazing and the movie was visually stunning. I adored the plot even though the script could have been tighter in places and I loved the Tomorrowland advertisement and Casey's journey discovering the pin/ the shop moment when the buyers turn into robots were the highlights for me.

Fantastic movie which I'd watch again in a heartbeat!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 2 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
a visual treat, very much pushing long-established Disney World actual designs, though I can't condone the wanton destruction of all those sci-fi collectibles in the store laugh.gif Oddly plodding though, which is down to the scripting. The whole film needed rejigging, more logic, better dialogue and new scenes. I was hoping for more, but I would have adored this film when I was 11, 12, 13. 6/10

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Oct 4 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Tomorrowland" is an ambitious project of Disney which was released in many countries worldwide in the last ten days of May. It features an original script idea and producers made sure to spend several million dollars on the budget. $ 190 million to be exact. It is one of the biggest productions of 2015 and Disney bet a great deal on this film. I cannot say that its official trailer totally impressed me, but firstly I'm a big fan of science fiction films and secondly seek to see a pop corn movie after the god awful "Goodbye to Language".
"Tomorrowland" has to do with a futuristic world, which could also form the option of the real world if it was destroyed. A brilliant, fearless, yet optimistic teenager, Casey Newton, will want to know information from a simultaneously cynical and discouraged inventor, Frank Walker. The latter had visited Tomorrowland at the age of ten. The two of them together with the aid of an advanced robot in human form and behavior, will try to change the bleak future of the earth in every way. The talented Brad Bird took over the directing and he wrote the screenplay along with Damon Lindelof and Jeffrey Chernov! "Tomorrowland" had impressive directing, elaborate visual effects, loud sound effects and captivating photography. The display of “Tomorrowland” was excellent, something to justify again the magical world of Disney. Britt Robertson was very convincing in her role while George Clooney was the first and best choice for the central character that he portrayed. The film was also funny and it had enjoyable dialogues, imaginative costumes and the evolution was quite pleasant. Of course, just before the end, it had a slower pace and the story became a bit of cliché, but as we all know this is a common thing in the films of this studio. So, it is justified in some way. However, the film imparts too many messages to the audience and motivates through the story to become more active and more environmentally friendly. Moreover, the future cannot change for the better, with people who function as passive receivers in societies in which they live. For this reason, "Tomorrowland" is quite set apart from the other blockbusters that we have seen this year such as Avengers: Age of Ultron, Furious 7 etc. We don’t need another heroes because we can all be heroes. Everyday and every time.
I would say that "Tomorrowland" was a pleasant surprise after I did not expect that it would be so good. It aptly combined science fiction with action and adventure and the visual result was the eye catcher. Nevertheless, it had not the expected exposure in the Box Office and its total earnings were not very satisfactory. There are many who believe that it’s one of this year’s failures. It may have played a role that it received lukewarm reviews or the fact that it’s an original script idea. It is no coincidence that hackneyed stories were Box Office successes such as Cinderella when fresh cinematic ideas go largely unnoticed such as Jupiter Ascending, Chappie etc. Predictable and boring world…

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:32 AM