BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Reliving the TOURS~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 29th December 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

So ever since I stepped out of the arena at the Rebel Heart Tour, I have decided to invest and seek out any and everything I can for the previous tours she's done. As i'm a little clueless on where to start, does anyone have any recommendations for tours to seek out first?

I am looking to build a collection, both digitally and in physical form so I can experience them but there's so much to get through! drama.gif

I have downloaded 'The Confessions Tour Live' CD and it's an incredible listen through - I would've given ANYTHING to be transported back to this tour live. Also got the 'MDNA World Tour (Live)' CD and it's really good too. Are the DVDs worth getting for those that have them and is anyone else interested in getting them if you don't already? A quick look on Amazon shows there is a lot available ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post 29th December 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548

Blonde Ambition was stunning. A Megastar at the top of her game.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 29th December 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

The tours that you will have to buy online because they have not been officially released are:
Virgin Tour
Blonde Ambition Tour
Reinvention Tour

I love every single tour for different reasons but would have to say blonde ambition is probably the best . It changed the way artist perform live. It's trend setting and immaculate.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 30th December 2015, 01:11 AM
Post #4
Group icon

Will definitely check that out as a matter of urgency then! Thanks guys <3

Glad to hear a lot have been officially released too, i'm such a hoarder/collector lol.

+Quote this post
jark
post 31st December 2015, 01:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Haus, you should get the high quality DVD audio rips of Drowned World, Confessions, Sticky & Sweet and MDNA because a good third of the setlist from each is cut on the live CDs and in the case of Confessions and Reinvention several incredible performances are criminally absent (looking at you, Live to Tell).

I've got equal love for Reinvention and Confessions. The former is so aggressive musically, the beats are really beyond and the six songs performed from American Life are completely transformed in the best way possible. Pure relentless energy. The one-two-three punch of Into the Groove, Music and Holiday is utterly unbeatable.

Confessions is more of a non-stop disco like its parent album and it's a bit lighter on '80s and '90s hits with just seven tracks from those decades, but all of them are given KILLER makeovers, especially Like a Virgin. The nine-minute Hung Up finale is pure euphoria start to end. I get shivers every time. I would actually sell my loved ones into slavery to have been at this tour.

Sticky & Sweet is way more of a mishmash than the previous two but a lot of the album tracks pop in a way they don't on record (Beat Goes On, Spanish Lesson and especially She's Not Me which is soooo slinky). This tour is a bit more "trashy fun" with less of the elegance that defined previous tours but that's no bad thing. Music mashed up with Put Your Hands Up For Detroit might just be the definitive version. Slightly underwhelming closer in Give it 2 Me.

MDNA Tour is a bit of a misfire in my opinion. Horrible reinventions of a lot of her classics (still trying to work out what they did to Hung Up...) and her vocals are noticably much weaker than any other tour. Also the choreography was bloody awful. Watch Express Yourself and it's hard not to cringe at her stiff movement. Dreadful outfits too. The only performances I go back to are Express Yourself/Born This Way, Erotic Candy Shop and Celebration.

Obviously Rebel Heart was a massive return to form. BEST PERFORMER IN POP HISTORY. <3

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 1st January 2016, 05:34 AM
Post #6
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

Reinvention tour was FABULOUS. i remember it being very true to the songs apart from a few amazing remixes (ones that had actually garnered a LOT of popularity) and much like Rebel Heart, depended on the most recent album which ofc was a fantastic album (although not everyone will agree)

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 3rd January 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(jark @ Dec 31 2015, 01:04 AM) *
Haus, you should get the high quality DVD audio rips of Drowned World, Confessions, Sticky & Sweet and MDNA because a good third of the setlist from each is cut on the live CDs and in the case of Confessions and Reinvention several incredible performances are criminally absent (looking at you, Live to Tell).

I've got equal love for Reinvention and Confessions. The former is so aggressive musically, the beats are really beyond and the six songs performed from American Life are completely transformed in the best way possible. Pure relentless energy. The one-two-three punch of Into the Groove, Music and Holiday is utterly unbeatable.

Confessions is more of a non-stop disco like its parent album and it's a bit lighter on '80s and '90s hits with just seven tracks from those decades, but all of them are given KILLER makeovers, especially Like a Virgin. The nine-minute Hung Up finale is pure euphoria start to end. I get shivers every time. I would actually sell my loved ones into slavery to have been at this tour.

Sticky & Sweet is way more of a mishmash than the previous two but a lot of the album tracks pop in a way they don't on record (Beat Goes On, Spanish Lesson and especially She's Not Me which is soooo slinky). This tour is a bit more "trashy fun" with less of the elegance that defined previous tours but that's no bad thing. Music mashed up with Put Your Hands Up For Detroit might just be the definitive version. Slightly underwhelming closer in Give it 2 Me.

MDNA Tour is a bit of a misfire in my opinion. Horrible reinventions of a lot of her classics (still trying to work out what they did to Hung Up...) and her vocals are noticably much weaker than any other tour. Also the choreography was bloody awful. Watch Express Yourself and it's hard not to cringe at her stiff movement. Dreadful outfits too. The only performances I go back to are Express Yourself/Born This Way, Erotic Candy Shop and Celebration.

Obviously Rebel Heart was a massive return to form. BEST PERFORMER IN POP HISTORY. <3

Thank you for this! The 'Confessions Tour' CD I downloaded is fantastic, but it's great to hear that some stuff was left off it and so there's more for me to hear. I too would give ANYTHING to be transported back to a venue and see her performing at the Confessions tour. When she was at her absolute best, musically, for me sad.gif

I will hunt out the others pronto and feedback on what I discover~

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:21 PM