BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nicki Minaj retires from music
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Anita Hanjaab
post Sep 7 2019, 11:40 AM
Post #21
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Nice while it lasts I suppose.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Sep 7 2019, 12:31 PM
Post #22
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

Best Nicki Minaj related news I've read!

She'll be back next week.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 7 2019, 01:37 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Disappointed to see so much Nicki hate sad.gif I get she's problematic in some ways, but some of your faves are way worse!

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Sep 7 2019, 01:47 PM
Post #24
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Not one of my faves is!

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Sep 7 2019, 02:00 PM
Post #25
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

She had some good songs near the end of her career but I never cared for her. I bop to songs like 'Ganja Burns', 'No Frauds', 'Truffle Butter' and 'High School' but she was way too poppy for a supposed hip-hop act. Her whole image from top to bottom is ctrl c + ctrl v from Lil' Kim and she paid no respect. She's dating a convicted rapist. She's a mess on Twitter. There's just not much to like to be honest.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 7 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Legend

To be honest, I like her music much more than her as a person. I used to absolutely stan her before she spiralled further and further into a mess.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Sep 7 2019, 10:30 PM
Post #27
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Not surprised to see the hate for her tho she dared to 1) get older than 35 2) have strong opinions and 3) stop making pop songs and having a very pop image after making her coins.

Fact she is talented, a good businesswoman, intelligent and writes all her own material? Pff but she's *loud and annoying* and doesn't play ball in the industry as much as other faves who don't have any actual input beyond showing up and singing along. God forbid a celebrity had emotions that weren't simpering or sucking up.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Sep 7 2019, 10:35 PM
Post #28
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

I think the hate for Nicki comes mostly from her openly supporting a paedophile and dating a sex offender instead of the above. Personally that's my issue with her - she's not once showed any understanding of why people frowned upon her 6ix9ine collaboration.

It doesn't stop her being insanely talented though. Her flow is great, her lyrics are interesting and she's capable of greatness when she wants to - it was a shame Queen turned into something so self-indulgent.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Sep 7 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #29
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

I can’t stand Nicki tbh.

She ruins pretty much every feature she does and I prefer her singing voice to her rapping one tbh.

Her personality is so so so off putting though. I think she’s a classic example of someone who can dish it out but can’t take it back.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Sep 7 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #30
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I feel like she was brushing against criticism before that, but that is a point I suppose.

Idk, it just seems like certain kinds of people who fit into the categories I mentioned always come into criticism from pop fans. We've seen it in cycles with Madonna, even briefly with Kylie, with Missy, and all sorts of people, and when you've seen it a few times it just becomes very tiresome. Especially when the new generation coming up are SO subpar and that is glossed over at every opportunity just because.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Sep 7 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #31
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(TheJüpreme @ Sep 7 2019, 11:39 PM) *
I feel like she was brushing against criticism before that, but that is a point I suppose.

Idk, it just seems like certain kinds of people who fit into the categories I mentioned always come into criticism from pop fans. We've seen it in cycles with Madonna, even briefly with Kylie, with Missy, and all sorts of people, and when you've seen it a few times it just becomes very tiresome. Especially when the new generation coming up are SO subpar and that is glossed over at every opportunity just because.

I totally agree that some of it's overblown and it goes too far (I mean, I joke about "cancelling" her but post FEFE I've enjoyed her contributions to BTS' IDOL, Derulo's Goodbye and Avril's Dumb Blonde!), it's just the toxic stan culture I think that's more prevalent than ever on Twitter. In this case though, I definitely don't think Nicki helps herself. She's capable of greatness and has proved herself time and time again, but she can do better than Queen and stooping to the lows of people like 6ix9ine.

+Quote Post
Taftyłłł
post Sep 7 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #32
I found the love, I found the love in me
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(Jack @ Sep 7 2019, 02:37 PM) *
Disappointed to see so much Nicki hate sad.gif I get she's problematic in some ways, but some of your faves are way worse!

QUOTE(Jack @ Sep 7 2019, 03:05 PM) *
To be honest, I like her music much more than her as a person. I used to absolutely stan her before she spiralled further and further into a mess.
I agree with you.

She's been a f***ing MESS of a personality since about 2015-ish. It's a shame that that has overshadowed her talents and her music. I feel bad for her in the sense that out of the whole 6ix9ine and dating a sex offender that she seems to have been getting the very brunt of it, like she was the one who did it all. But then again, she shouldn't be so blind and shouldn't have defend them, when they've been proven to be guilty of such crimes, but it's definitely not "OMG CANCEL HER!" worthy more than it is just a "Oh, Nicki. I expected better </3 sad.gif " (which gradually became eyerolls the more she tried to start beef with anyone laugh.gif) - which is just even more irritating coz 6ix9ine got an actual smash and career boost out of it since he was found guilty, whilst Nicki's career tanked more and more.

As a person and personality, I agree that she's a mess and has been since about 2015 (?), but for me, she's still one of the most talented people in her area of expertise. I miss her poppier stuff, but I like a couple of tracks from 'Queen' and her pop features since, seem to have delivered for the most part for me.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Sep 8 2019, 04:50 AM
Post #33
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Funny thing is her excuse is that she wants to step back from music to focus on starting a family yet Cardi B gave birth whilst I Like It was #1 in the US kink.gif It’s also entirely possible she became pregnant whilst Bodak Yellow was #1 (seeing as it was at #1 for most of October 2017 and that’s when she got engaged/married and its 9 months before the babys birth).

Edit: Not comparing the two again that discussion is old but I just thought that was a funny/interesting and slightly relevant fact laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Dexton: Sep 8 2019, 04:52 AM

+Quote Post
tommie
post Sep 8 2019, 05:17 AM
Post #34
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

She likely knows her career is on the downturn so instead of keeping flopping she's "retiring".

She won't be missed.

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Sep 9 2019, 04:51 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

Megatron was really good and I was interested to see what was next.

I also liked a lot of her output last year like Majesty, Barbie Dreams, Good Form, Chun-Li etc

I don't think this will be a permanent retirement, like others have pointed out above.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Sep 25 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #36
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

She's just announced a new song on Instagram. Guess she got bored of being retired already laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Sep 25 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #37
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

QUOTE(Bré @ Sep 25 2019, 08:48 PM) *
She's just announced a new song on Instagram. Guess she got bored of being retired already laugh.gif

!!! Loool mega attention grabs

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Sep 25 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #38
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

and it sounds awful wub.gif

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Sep 25 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #39
BuzzJack Legend

I'm assuming a last album before she retired?

+Quote Post
Brer
post Sep 26 2019, 12:49 PM
Post #40
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

Oh it turns out this is just a feature. Maybe her retirement is still on x (Jack might be right as well ofc)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 AM