BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rhys Lewis - Bad Timing
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Jul 2 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
I couldn't find any threads and I'm surprised there aren't already so thought I'd start one. I'd place him in pop/country cross over but if this is in the wrong forum apologies.

Rhys Lewis is a singer songwriter with an old school twist, he combines rich soul with gravelly vocals leaving a lasting resonance of his musical influences: Al Green, Marvin Gaye and James Taylor. Having spent 12 months writing his debut single in studios across London, Nashville, Stockholm, LA and Berlin, Rhys added a depth and maturity to his songwriting and sound. Late last year he finally revealed the highly anticipated track ‘Waking Up Without You’, which immediately shot to the no.1 spot on Spotify’s viral chart. Amongst the rocky energy in the guitar riffs the track holds a heartfelt, powerful chorus that presents the raw realities of lost love, immediately proving Rhys’ maturity as a songwriter. What followed was 170,000 streams in two weeks and a sold our show at Servant Jazz Quarters in just 48 hours.
Rhys aims for his music to feel genuine, and compares himself to his inspirations including ‘The Temptations’, “They’re real, they’re authentic and I hope that with a modern twist, that’s what my songs feel like”. The 23 year old from Oxford has an incredible ability to intertwine the hollow and dark moment of love’s ending with a positive upbeat vibe making the track unnaturally addictive. Boe Weaver, producer of ‘Waking Up Without You’, states how Rhys has an art for “capturing a song with minimal elements”, which is certainly evident through his performances.
2016 for Rhys consisted of sold-out headline gigs and intimate acoustic sets, including a performance for the infamous Sofar Sounds, featuring unheard tracks including ‘Don’t Wanna Believe It’, which you can watch here. Rhys’ full length album is expected to arrive this summer, following headline shows at Oxfords Cellar Bar and London’s Borderline.

Source: http://spindlemagazine.com/2017/01/introducing-rhys-lewis/

Hes signed with Decca and some of the output is pretty decent so far and really looking forward to the album!

This post has been edited by SGrey: Mar 4 2018, 08:35 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 2 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I just heard 'I Know The Feeling' and it is really good wub.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jul 3 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Jul 2 2017, 08:23 PM) *
I just heard 'I Know The Feeling' and it is really good wub.gif

It's grown on me and has become my favourite of his so far.

I love Living In The City, I ordered the vinyl of it and he looks *.* on the front wub.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Jul 3 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
I really like 'I Know the Feeling'. It would sound great on the radio. Will have to check out the rest of his songs. He's a good looking lad as well which will work in the lady favour.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Mar 4 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The EP came out a few weeks ago and is really good! The title track is great as is Blood Stains heart.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:53 AM