BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> League One 2019/2020 Season, Wycombe Wanderers promoted to the Championship
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post 27th August 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
I imagine that Bury FC will go into liquidation fairly swiftly, with the remaining assets, including the stadium, being bought up at a fairly cheap price, which can be used by a continuity Bury FC (either rented from the new buyer or bought outright by a trust for use be the NewCo). They'll likely use a slightly different name for a few years (like AFC Bury), before quietly changing to Bury FC a few years down the line. They'll probably start in one of the Lancashire non-league divisions, although they'll rise through the ranks swiftly if they can hold on to their fans.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 27th August 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #42
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th August 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #43
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Steve201 @ Aug 27 2019, 11:03 PM) *
Pretty unsavoury countdown timer on sky sports news for the time when they would go out of business. They're part of the problem after all!

That was disgusting. Rightfully they have been called out over it.

Strangely enough my local team had a bizzarre non-local rivarly with Bury which dates back about 30 years and I am fairly sure it's one of those fiction stories that in turn everyone believes is true. But tinpot rivalries aside this is bloody terrible. I feel devestated for the Bury FC fans. Problem with these football league clubs though is we've had half-arsed crooks bleeding teams dry for years in the non-leagues, but they've never had the mainstream media to call them out. Bury's owner royally shafted him, but like most of those crooks they get what's coming to them in due course.

I'm sure Bury will rise as a phoexnix club, but they'll likely to have to organise a groundshare somewhere and will probably end up about 5-6 leagues lower than they currently are.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 27th August 2019, 11:24 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Hopefully they will rise as a phoenix club. Some harrowing words from callers on talkSPORT. This is really bad. Surely now there has to be a overhaul of the 'fit and proper' test with new prospective owners taking over clubs.

How did Ken Anderson become Bolton owner and pass the 'fit and proper 'test with being banned from a director of a UK company for 8 years, that's pretty f***ed up.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 27th August 2019, 11:41 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
If Bolton go out of business that will be truly shocking to me as I remember them being in the Premier League not too long ago. All of this shows that you never know what is around the corner a few years down the line in football.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 28th August 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Speaking as a fan of a team who has had this happen to us, it’s very sad to see this happen and I have a hell of a lot of sympathy for them but I’m sure Bury will come back as a pheonix team.

The first years after reformation were the best years I’ve ever had as a Chester fan. The crowds were huge and the atmosphere was so much better than it was when we were a football league team when I was young. Admittedly, this was helped by the fact we won the title in each of our 3 seasons but getting back to the National League and beating Wrexham felt so sweet.

It’s a disgrace that’s it’s come to this and it will hurt the Bury fans a lot but they seem to have dedicated fans and I have no doubt they will start again as a fan owned club and make a success of it.

I really hate these crook owners that the EFL just seem to let to come and ruin clubs in this way.

This post has been edited by LewisGT: 28th August 2019, 12:04 AM

+Quote this post
Flatcap
post 28th August 2019, 01:36 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27
This has been a shambles, I have been following this story on the news and it is a sad time for all concerned. I too hope Bury can rise again as a phoenix club.

Hope we're not doing this in a fortnight's time for Bolton.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 28th August 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
A real shame for Bury, no team deserves this but it is sadly what happens. Hope Bolton can be saved somehow.

+Quote this post
coi
post 28th August 2019, 06:22 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Fortunately Bolton's survival has been secured.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 28th August 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Bolton Wanderers' survival has been secured after Football Ventures (Whites) Limited completed its protracted takeover of the club.

Administrators had warned the club could be placed into liquidation on Wednesday without a finalised takeover.

That is good news to hear.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 30th August 2019, 03:29 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Bury threaten the EFL with legal action.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49526433

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 30th August 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #52
Group icon
The open letter that Steve Dale has done to Bury supporters

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/new...-posts-19110101.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 31st August 2019, 07:47 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(Mack. @ Aug 30 2019, 08:03 PM) *
The open letter that Steve Dale has done to Bury supporters

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/new...-posts-19110101.

If his written English is an indication of his attention to detail, it's hardly surprising things went so badly.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 26th September 2019, 02:36 PM
Post #54
Group icon
A proposal for Bury to be readmitted to League Two next season was rejected by the English Football League's 71 member clubs at a meeting on Thursday.

Bury, who were in League One, were expelled from the EFL in August after a last-ditch takeover bid collapsed.

Earlier this week, a group trying to rescue Bury submitted a plan for "compassionate re-entry" to League Two.

However, an EFL statement said "it became clear that the proposal did not have the necessary support".

It added that EFL clubs' "preferred direction of travel" was "extending the existing principle of a reduction in relegation across all divisions as a means of returning to 72 clubs now and for the future".

It means only one team will go down from League Two this campaign, rather than two, while three clubs will go down from League One.

EFL executive chair Debbie Jevans said: "While we are saddened that Bury FC is no longer part of the EFL, the board's difficult decision to withdraw membership was only taken after every opportunity to find a resolution was exhausted.

"Since then, in recognition of the efforts made on behalf of the club, the EFL has engaged with supporters' groups, shared their submissions with our members and debated at length the issues raised.

"Following the discussion today, clubs have established that the preferred direction of travel is to reduce relegation from League Two as a means of returning to 72 clubs.

"The clubs felt that, in a difficult situation, this approach maintains fairness for all members and upholds the principle of the football pyramid."

Bury will now have to apply to the Football Association for a place in non-league football.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 26th September 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #55
Group icon
What a "Wally", the AFC Wimbledon manager

A few seems to be getting into trouble for breaking betting rules - and not just in football

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2019/se...club-statement/

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 8th October 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Jack Ross has been sacked as manager of League One club Sunderland.

Saturday's defeat at Lincoln City left the Black Cats sixth in the table after 11 games of the season played.

Ross took over at the Stadium of Light in May 2018 and led them to the finals of the EFL Trophy and League One play-offs last season, losing to Portsmouth and Charlton respectively.

Sunderland chairman Stewart Donald told the club website: "This is a decision that has been made with a heavy heart."

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 8th October 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #57
Group icon

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 8th October 2019, 06:03 PM
Post #58
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Sunderland have been underperforming under Jack Ross and I imagine this season is important for them to be promoted. If I was Sunderland, I’d push the boat out because none of them sound really appealing minus hughton.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 9th October 2019, 11:30 PM
Post #59
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Oops just seen they only lost 10 games in 18 months and only lost fewer than City and Liverpool.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 10th October 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
drew a lot though!

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »