BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Madonna song are you listening to?, put a record on...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Mar 13 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #41
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

I like it, but I find it overrated laugh.gif people seem to hail it as her very best, much like Ray Of Light, only COADF is a better album.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Mar 13 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #42
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

That album is truly magical, it will always have special memories attached for me. I remember buying it during my lunch break on its release day and essentially outing myself to my entire college class. laugh.gif

I never liked 'Isaac' though. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 13 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #43
Raining Shitter

I just stole my Mum's copy of it kink.gif the first Madonna album I bought myself was Hard Candy. I remember feeling a bit odd about going up to pay for it laugh.gif

Edit: *.* How High too, omg. LOVE.

This post has been edited by Regina: Mar 13 2015, 05:57 PM

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Mar 19 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #44
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

One of her darkest songs, lyrically, but somehow she makes it insanely infectious, joyous and uplifting. A song i always enjoy when hearing, but have only *just* put it on my essential Madge playlist. A real gem <3

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 22 2015, 06:15 PM
Post #45
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

It is surprising how well the contrast of lyrics and melody work. I suppose it could have been done so that there weren't too many down-tempos/ballads, although I could imagine this would sound very poignant as a down-tempo track. Pity, can't find any demos lurking about on the web. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Apr 18 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #46
BuzzJack Idol

I've been listening to MDNA recently and it's actually a lot better than I give it credit for. I love the opening three tracks - all strong, club anthems (the chorus to 'Girl Gone Wild' could be stronger, mind) and express the album's intention of music to make you want to dance. The production for 'Turn Up the Radio' is good and it does make me want to sing along, just it's not really strong enough to be a single. That latter comment is especially relevant to 'Give Me All Your Luvin''; I do find it catchy but it would probably have been best left on the cutting room floor. I've never taken much notice of 'Falling Free' before but I'm quite liking it now. You can hear William Orbit influence on it; rather Ray of Light throwback. 'Beautiful Killer' is far too good to be left off the main list - in fact, I wouldn't say no to it being a single - and the same goes for 'Best Friend' which, like 'Falling Free', I've only just started to appreciate. Really honest song about her divorce from Guy; shame the production lets it down slightly.

01 Masterpiece
02 Gang Bang
03 I'm Addicted
04 Beautiful Killer
05 Girl Gone Wild
06 Some Girls
07 I Don't Give A
08 Love Spent
09 Best Friend
10 Falling Free
11 Turn Up the Radio
-
12 B'Day Song
13 Give Me All Your Luvin'
14 I f***ed Up
15 I'm a Sinner
16 Superstar

Songs below the dash are ones I'd scrap. I have a big soft spot for 'B'Day Song' but, let's face it, they were smoking something to record it and stick it on the album! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 18 2015, 05:17 PM
Post #47
Raining Shitter

I f***ed Up and Superstar are two of her best songs though sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Apr 18 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #48
BuzzJack Idol

Regina! I was counting on you to approve of my MDNA session!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 20 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #49

'MDNA' has become one of my favourite albums from her now (which is a shock even to ME given how much i used to berate it!). It's utterly insatiable and the highlights, of which there are many, have so much replay value. There some complete shockers (mainly 'B-Day Song') but the quality of the rest of it makes up for those moments. It's nowhere near as cohesive as her other albums, but i enjoy it for those fab moments and discard the rest.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Apr 20 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #50
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

'I Fucked Up' is criminally low there. ohmy.gif Such a beautiful song.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Apr 20 2015, 08:09 PM
Post #51
BuzzJack Idol

I think the intentions are there with 'I f***ed Up' but it just doesn't do anything for me.

Looking at the songs which I'd keep on the album, MDNA would be a strong album. I can't say if it would be one of my favourites as I have no clue what the order is outside of my Top 4. I just think the album feels unjointed with the mediocre songs in the middle. There's club bangers at the beginning and ballads at the end; there isn't that transition, no journey. I think 'Love Spent' would do that well if it were placed at the centre, or perhaps a little later to make room for a couple more tracks on a similar vein to 'I'm Addicted' before it, at the expense of 'Turn Up the Radio' if needs be.

It's probably better to be disheartened by a bad album than be annoyed at an album that could be really good if the right choices were made. MDNA is the latter.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 6 2015, 04:13 PM
Post #52

I am utterly obsessed with 'Bedtime Story' right now. I have always found it to be the clear strongest song from its parent album, but it's the latest song to properly hit me from her away from any album. The song is sensational and really rallies me up whenever i need it to and the video is one of her best. The song and video package TOGETHER is just everything. Obviously, musically it's very experimental but listening to the lyrics closely recently has made me fall in love with it properly.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 6 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #53
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

I saw that you'd changed your avatar Bal, yay! Bedtime Stories remains her best album for me, from start to finish it's all just so relaxing and sultry. I think Human Nature is my favourite track though.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 6 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #54
BuzzJack Idol

After listening to Bedtime Stories the album a lot over the New Year, this title track had particularly grown on me. It is undeniably a brave creation, especially to release it as a single, and I do kind of like what the song is getting at (I'm starting to see it as an attempt to relax, forgetting all human creation, and letting your mind travel and find the answers itself). However, there is something a little too weird for my liking, nor do I really understand the video, although I do like the blonde Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter esque look!

The remaining three singles from the album are all individually excellent yet underrated, although I suppose 'Human Nature' has been getting some exposure since THAT kiss!!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 6 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #55

Incredibly brave to release it as a single! It's way beyond its time and as you rightly put, deals with such huge issues. I don't know if i even relate to the lyrics or what she is saying, but they are so unearthly, powerful and unsettling that i can't help but stop what i am doing and just listen to the song.

QUOTE(Josh. @ Jun 6 2015, 05:14 PM) *
I saw that you'd changed your avatar Bal, yay! Bedtime Stories remains her best album for me, from start to finish it's all just so relaxing and sultry. I think Human Nature is my favourite track though.

The album still ranks fairly low for me if i was to compare them all kink.gif but it is exactly as you describe it. I just prefer my Madge with a bit more OOMPH (which is probably why 'Bedtime Story' is a huge favourite for me laugh.gif). I adore the album cover, it's probably one of my favourites, so it seemed right to have it as an avatar~

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 6 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #56
c:

It's one of my favourite album covers too, along with True Blue, I loved reading up on why there are all different flipped versions of it and stuff. laugh.gif

Also, I adore the colour of the side bit on the physical CD, it looks so nice on my shelf *-*

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 7 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #57

QUOTE(Josh. @ Jun 6 2015, 07:23 PM) *
It's one of my favourite album covers too, along with True Blue, I loved reading up on why there are all different flipped versions of it and stuff. laugh.gif

Also, I adore the colour of the side bit on the physical CD, it looks so nice on my shelf *-*

Favourite album artwork game to hit the forum? magic.gif That may have to be arranged~ It's a splendid cover though as are all the pictures from that photoshoot. I love the colours/texture of it all <3 Haha you're such a CD obsessive tongue.gif

And i didn't mention the FLOW from 'Sanctuary' into 'Bedtime Story' too *.* probably second to 'Forbidden Love' --into--> 'Jump' in terms of album flow for me.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 14 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #58
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jun 7 2015, 12:18 PM) *
Favourite album artwork game to hit the forum? magic.gif That may have to be arranged~

Hard Candy to SLAY. Indeed it would be a great game and something that can happen perhaps later in the year. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 14 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #59
c:

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jun 7 2015, 12:18 PM) *
Favourite album artwork game to hit the forum? magic.gif That may have to be arranged~ It's a splendid cover though as are all the pictures from that photoshoot. I love the colours/texture of it all <3 Haha you're such a CD obsessive tongue.gif

And i didn't mention the FLOW from 'Sanctuary' into 'Bedtime Story' too *.* probably second to 'Forbidden Love' --into--> 'Jump' in terms of album flow for me.

Oh wait, I've just seen this. YES PLEASE! She has a lot of very good artwork!

Tell me this is not the best colour ever on the side of a CD, it's so pretty heart.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jul 14 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #60
BuzzJack Idol

I've been watching the Drowned World Tour and it's been fantastic viewing with some pretty strong vocals. Two songs in particular have stuck out for me: 'Impressive Instant' and 'Human Nature'.

A wacky song matched by a wacky performance - I love how kids tent tunnels have been added! laugh.gif Highlight is definitely smoke machine blasting between her legs in the "dance to a samba" part up to the loud autotune noise.

Also sounds good if the speed is turned up a notch.

This song has shot up my ranking of Madonna singles this year and this performance is my favourite I've seen. Highlight is the rocking cow scene - she looks HOT and the voice effect on "did I say something wrong?" is somehow utterly perfect.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:59 PM