BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum Party #1: Yours Truly, listening session 12/05 8:30pm BST
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Rush
post May 13 2020, 06:06 AM
Post #221
wayback machine gif rescuer
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klumzeased* @ May 13 2020, 06:12 AM) *
I think Capital supported it like it was their own baby! To its credit it is a good song, but never would have been a hit without Ariana and Global's blanket support for it! Defo a forgotten 'hit' of the 2010's.
This actually wasn't the case! It made the top 10 from the solo version alone. The version with Ariana came out 2 months later, which only gave it a minor re-entry: 8-18-36-57-76-88-96-x-54-90. It was very sales-based, back when that was possible; it made #8 from being #5 on sales and #89 on streaming, and ultimately only reached #61 on Spotify.

I think the Ariana version was more to push it internationally, which didn't result in much beyond a bit of US airplay, but it has built up a solid 138 million Spotify plays (versions combined; no idea what the split's like), well above anything from The Wanted that's not called 'Glad You Came'.

-

This thread got me curious to check out 2 of the tracks - the Mary J. Blige 'Real Love' sample in 'Lovin' It' is an interesting choice, particularly because Thalía's 'I Want You', also a piano-led R&B uptempo, is what I always thought 'The Way' sounded a lot like from the moment it came out. 'Better Left Unsaid' probably comes from someone's 2010 rejects drawer (totally fine by me) but the drop/chorus is very unusual for an Ariana song.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 16 2020, 02:37 PM
Post #222
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Late but I've just found out that 'Almost Is Never Enough' was playlisted by Heart FM at the time so that might've contributed to its minor success here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:26 PM