BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Goosebumps | 05/02/16, Jack Black And More!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th November 2015, 01:54 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

The upcoming Goosebumps adaptation is out in cinemas next year at the start of February and stars Jack Black, Odeya Rush (The Giver), Dylan Minnette (Alexander And The Terrible Very Long Title) and Jillian Bell (22 Jump Street)

A few of us watched this on rabbit tonight as it came out in America last month and I recommend to watch this so much! It is such a fun and exciting movie and he monsters are fantastic and the acting is really great. The movie is also so funny heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 17th November 2015, 06:36 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I watched this the other week as I'm currently in South Africa. Was decent, reminded me of Jumanji. A lot of fun.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 17th November 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Yeah the film was very good last night! I do enjoy films that have a bit of humour, adventure and suspense which is what made it so good imo. That dummy was so creepy with those eyebrows laugh.gif and the ending! Would like to see it again in the cinema when it's out as we had to watch a low quality one last night which is obviously not so good.

By the way UV this is the film I was on about last night that I got reminded of when watching it (it's by R.L. Stine as well!):

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 17th November 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #4
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

need to watch this. the original tv series is my fav hangover material 💕

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 5th February 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Liked the cast (Jack Black aside, not really a fan) and a couple of amusing moments but I thought that was limited. The fast pace was good (didn't really get boring) but I thought it only focused in on a few monsters and parts were a bit cringe. It was good for a bit of nostalgia but I didn't enjoy it much more than that really.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 20th February 2016, 01:32 AM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Ended up catching this in the cinema due to the dreadful lack of U and PG movies. Was great watching it again and loved it a 2nd time, the cast and script are so good and it was really good watching it on the big screen! However I somehow missed that it was the invisible man that Stine forgot to erase as I thought it was the Dummy the first time I watched the movie!

9.5/10

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 27th February 2016, 03:32 PM
Post #7
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I thought this was really fun, non-stop action from the second they released the first monster so it was great to see so much action in a film. I'm not really familiar with the Goosebumps books either so I liked having a sense of wonder each time a new monster arrived. I was surprised at how scary some of this was though for a kids film, I'd have had nightmares for weeks over Slappy, the clown or the zombies if I'd seen this when I was younger. About five kids noped out of the cinema during the graveyard scene and came back in after it laugh.gif Really enjoyable though for the endless action sequences and likeable cast (Jack Black was good apart from the unusual accent and Dylan Minnette is kewwwwt.) Reminds me of Night at the Musem actually in the sense it's one of those really fun blockbuster kids films, hoping we do get a sequel now after it being set up.

+Quote this post
steven13
post 29th February 2016, 10:41 AM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 23,025

wow that' amazing

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread