BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Man Utd Robbed, Man U Robbed of the FA Cup
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
cjdamusicman
post 8th March 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Buzzjack Lover
User: 3,983

mad.gif Man Utd have been robbed of the FA cup. Ronaldo should have had a clear penalty at the start of the match and Diarra should never have stayed on the pitch. It took around 8 to 9 fouls before Diarra was even booked. Kutchsak should never have been sent off, a Yellow card at most and Baros made a meal of it. The Referee today was appauling and should be sent back to Ref school. All in all, it now means Chelsea with there multi million pound bought squad can win the Treble. There is just no justice in football today. Oh well, at least Arsenal are out as well. tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 8th March 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

rolleyes.gif

Gutted. Considering how many chances you missed and how many 'homer' refs you get at Old Trafford you can hardly complain. It's a case of 'swings and roundabouts' and 'tough luck'!

+Quote this post
Damon
post 8th March 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,784

Huh? How exactly were United robbed? Maybe they should have had a penalty, but there's no guarantee they would have scored it. Who cares if Baros made a meal of it, it was a penalty, im surprised they got it though considering it was at Old Trafford. United had at least 10 good opportunites to score, and they didn't take them, tough luck. It's about time a team got some good luck against the Big 4.

Don't really get the bit about Chelsea either, who's to say they wouldn't win the FA Cup with United in it anyway unsure.gif

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 8th March 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

Obviously CJ is confused because of the unwritten rule that you (the referee) don't give penalties against Manchester Utd at the Stretford End of Old Trafford.

As RabbitFurCoat says "swings & roundabout" and usually like in a real life playground, the bullying "Big 4" (otherwise currently known as the Big 3 + Liverpool) get the rub of the green of going on the swings, whilst the rest of the Premiership usually has to make do with the roundabouts.

So it is nice for a change to see Harry's Pompey get to enjoy the swings, whilst Manchester Utd fans can go crying home to their parents, that it is so unfair that they can't take a shorter trip to see their club play at Wembley in the Semi's.

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 8th March 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

I was there, we werent robbed laugh.gif
We should have had a penalty, yes, but there is no question Kuzcack should have been sent off and tbh Pompey were the better team. They had their tactics spot on and we couldnt break them down. I wish them all the best.

Its all Chelsea's now, but at least we have the Champions League & Prem to play for biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by JamesP: 8th March 2008, 04:27 PM

+Quote this post
DitzyNizzy
post 8th March 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
To Katy Perry: I shagged a girl. And I loved it.
User: 4,484

Aaaah, poor babies.

Now they know how other teams feel when they go to Old Trafford and aren't given penalties. (And there's a ref school?)

+Quote this post
Kath
post 8th March 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(DitzyNizzy @ Mar 8 2008, 04:32 PM) *
Aaaah, poor babies.

Now they know how other teams feel when they go to Old Trafford and aren't given penalties. (And there's a ref school?)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Thanks for saying what just had to be said!

Norma

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 8th March 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

mad.gif
This thread is annoying, it's people like CJ that makes all us United fans out as crybabies, when if you read my post you will se opposite.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 8th March 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #9
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel

QUOTE(JamesP @ Mar 8 2008, 04:27 PM) *
We should have had a penalty, yes, but there is no question Kuzcack should have been sent off and tbh Pompey were the better team. They had their tactics spot on and we couldnt break them down. I wish them all the best.

Its all Chelsea's now, but at least we have the Champions League & Prem to play for biggrin.gif

Fair play!

After just seeing the highlights on the BBC it was definitely a penalty, sending off may have been a bit harsh but it was definitely a penalty! The Ronaldo one, debatable at best! You see them given but it happens all the time when a defender shields the ball out for a corner. It was a good old fashioned shoulder challenge, it's not illegal!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 8th March 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

QUOTE(CJDADJ @ Mar 8 2008, 02:43 PM) *
All in all, it now means Chelsea with there multi million pound bought squad can win the Treble. There is just no justice in football today. Oh well, at least Arsenal are out as well. tongue.gif

No treble for chelsea now lmao.

I would say there is no justice in football but usualy it goes in the favour of Man United.

+Quote this post
Joey Deacon
post 8th March 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 306

1-0 Barnsley ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

OMG i dont believe this

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 8th March 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

QUOTE(Joey Deacon @ Mar 8 2008, 07:26 PM) *
1-0 Barnsley ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

OMG i dont believe this

As a fan of the beautiful game, I can say this has been one of the greatest days in English domestic football history.

Since 1989 look at the dominance of the Big 4:

FA Cup Winners:

1989 Liverpool
1990 Man Utd
1991 Tottenham Hotspur
1992 Liverpool
1993 Arsenal
1994 Man Utd
1995 Everton
1996 Man Utd
1997 Chelsea
1998 Arsenal
1999 Man Utd
2000 Chelsea
2001 Liverpool
2002 Arsenal
2003 Arsenal
2004 Man Utd
2005 Arsenal
2006 Liverpool
2007 Chelsea
2008 ???????? (but not one of the Big 4)

So for the first time since 1995 and the third time in two decades, the winner of the FA Cup will come from outside the Big 4.

As for Alex Ferguson's comments and having seen the replay's of the penalties in the Man Utd v Pompey match, I hope FA throw the book at Alex for his disgraceful comments regarding the referee's integrity as he has crossed the line today on MU TV by a great margin. mad.gif

Certainly the callers who are fans of various clubs up and down the line on Radio 5 Live 606 phone in feel the same way. Especially how historically Man Utd have had more than their fair show of decisions going their way for far too long.

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 8th March 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286

when's the last time one of the big 3 + Liverpool didn't feature in the final? I know it was Man Utd -Everton in '95 when Duncan Ferguson headed home wub.gif

and Man Utd weren't robbed, simply put you shouldn't rely on getting penalty decisions, and should rely on actually scoring from open play and not blasting free kicks into walls (ala Ronaldo). And I was getting frankly bored of all the Utd fans shouting handball sleep.gif

+Quote this post
cjdamusicman
post 8th March 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Buzzjack Lover
User: 3,983

QUOTE(JamesP @ Mar 8 2008, 05:28 PM) *
mad.gif
This thread is annoying, it's people like CJ that makes all us United fans out as crybabies, when if you read my post you will se opposite.

huh.gif I'm not a Man Utd Fan, I'm a Spurs fan and even after you knocked us out i still wanted you to win the FA Cup. You were the best and most British Premiership club left in there, apart from Boro and in the year of the 50th anniversary i wanted you to do the Treble. smile.gif Portsmouth, along with Chelsea are full to the brim with foreigners and Chelsea have just been bought to achieve there success whereas Man Utd bring through there talent. But now Chelsea are out. w00t.gif So i have to cheer on Barnsley or Boro. wink.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 8th March 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286

Barnsely seem to have a lot of foreigners kink.gif so choose Boro magic.gif

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 8th March 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #16
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel

James, Campbell, Defoe, Johnson. Hmm, all key players, not foreign.

Let's compare to Utd's 1st XI:

VDS
Brown (1)
Rio (2)
Vidic
Evra
Ronny
Giggs
Hargreaves/Carrick (3)
Anderson/Scholes (4 MAYBE)
Tevez
Rooney

So for having (possibly) ONE English player more than Portsmouth that should get them through. Utter rubbish.

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 8th March 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #17
Group icon
i'm massive
User: 41

Rooney is English, must've overlooked him.

I do however agree with the point you are making..

+Quote this post
Grandwicky
post 8th March 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 49

QUOTE(JamesP @ Mar 8 2008, 04:27 PM) *

I agree, as a United fan I feel we should have had a penalty but I'm just pissed off at how Ronaldo felt he had to make a meal of it AGAIN and so this time it backfired on him and looked like simulation when it wasn't!

I just can't believe how we managed to miss so many chances! blink.gif First there was Tevez hitting the ball straight at Glen Johnson when he was on the line! Then there was Carrick who managed to flippin' block his own shot right on the line and of course there is the fact we had 18 shots compared to hardly any from Portsmouth. wacko.gif

I'm pissed off with the fact we couldn't convert our chances rather than the fact Baros seemed to trip over Kuschazk's face and so the rules say that's a penalty and a sending off! Obstruction, yes so it's a penalty but it wasn't a sending off imo. David James was absolutely brilliant and deserved man of the match infact the whole Pompey defence was brilliant! I'm upset but I'm just glad I'm not a Chelsea fan wink.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 8th March 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #19
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Just watched the game on MOTD now. Man Utd appeared to have the better chances but Pompey held their own when defending. Was just a case of one of those days where you can't score and they key decisions go against you. Have to say I thought Fergie's comments were outrageous, obviously he's disappointed as on the balance of play they should have won, but as it's already been said in this thread it's a case of swings and roundabouts - some go for you, others go against you.

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 9th March 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Looking at that again ,was it even a sending off/penalty? He definatley tripped over Kuzscack. Maybe a penalty for intent but.... mellow.gif

This post has been edited by JamesP: 9th March 2008, 12:36 PM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 01:56 PM