BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Saturday Football Thread
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JamesP
post 29th March 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

ITS 2-0 TO BOLTON cheer.gif

And the other scores... tongue.gif

Birmingham 2-0 Man City
Derby 1-1 Fulham
Portsmouth 1-0 Wigan
Reading 0-0 Blackburn
Sunderland 1-1 West Ham

Remember, if Derby lose and Birmingham win, it's byebye Derby!

But yeh back to my favourite..

BOLTON 2-0 ARSENAL!
w00t.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 29th March 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Arsenal are well out of the title race, they have been for a few weeks now. Getting beat by Bolton just proves it, but Arsenal will be the team to beat in 2-3 years...

+Quote this post
jonny
post 29th March 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #3
Group icon
i would beg to disagree but begging disagrees with me
User: 3,646

Hull City 2 - 0 Watford.

biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 29th March 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 29 2008, 04:25 PM) *
Arsenal are well out of the title race, they have been for a few weeks now. Getting beat by Bolton just proves it, but Arsenal will be the team to beat in 2-3 years...

Saying that it's 2-2 now. heehee.gif

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 29th March 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 29 2008, 04:35 PM) *
Saying that it's 2-2 now. heehee.gif

I KNOW! [/monica]
*sulk*

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 29th March 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

Latest:
Birmingham 3-1 Man City
Bolton 2-2 Arsenal
Derby 2-2 Fulham
Portsmouth 1-0 Wigan
Reading 0-0 Blackburn
Sunderland 1-1 West Ham

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 29th March 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #7
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

How long before Rob Styles is sacked as a ref?

Seriously, every time he takes charge of a game he has a shocker!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 29th March 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

3-2 to Arsenal now!

+Quote this post
David
post 29th March 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

Glad Arsenal won. heehee.gif Championship-wise... I really hope at least two of Bristol City, Hull and Stoke go up - not West Brom or Watford who just constantly yoyo between the two leagues. manson.gif

+Quote this post
Damon
post 29th March 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,784

QUOTE(David @ Mar 29 2008, 05:00 PM) *
Glad Arsenal won. heehee.gif Championship-wise... I really hope at least two of Bristol City, Hull and Stoke go up - not West Brom or Watford who just constantly yoyo between the two leagues. manson.gif

Totally agree with this whole post laugh.gif I really don't want either Watford or West Brom up for that same reason dry.gif

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 29th March 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon
i'm massive
User: 41

If Hull continue their form then they will go up automatically, never mind play-offs. But I don't really want them to go up purely because all their squad consisted of ex-Premiership players last time I looked. Okocha, Barmby, Windass, Folan, Pedersen, etc. They wouldn't last two minutes in the Premiership. I know it would be nice to see new faces in the mix but do we really want another Derby?

Watford would go straight back down as it's tradition, but I really think West Brom could make a decent attempt at staying up next season if they do come up. They've played some excellent football this season and their FA Cup Semi-Final slot shows this. Plus it would be interesting to see if Kevin Phillips goes back to being the lazy shit that he is once he hits the big stage again.

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 29th March 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

I agree looking at the old Division 2 Championship West Brom are the only side who stand a prayer of staying up in the Premiership next season, unless other promoted clubs significantly boost their squads.

+Quote this post
jonny
post 29th March 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(Cassidy @ Mar 29 2008, 05:11 PM) *
If Hull continue their form then they will go up automatically, never mind play-offs. But I don't really want them to go up purely because all their squad consisted of ex-Premiership players last time I looked. Okocha, Barmby, Windass, Folan, Pedersen, etc. They wouldn't last two minutes in the Premiership. I know it would be nice to see new faces in the mix but do we really want another Derby?

Errr well look at say Wiagn a few years ago, they didn't have a fantastic squad or anything and they didn't really struggle in their first season. And they didn't make any big signings really for the next year, yeah they signed a few players but no-one that made a massive difference I don't think, and they did well and now have a good team and are doing quite well. What's to say Hull can't do the same as them? We get more fans every week plus it's all the city is talking about atm. There's no reason that if Hull recruted well in pre season and they kept the players they have now they couldn't stay up next season.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 29th March 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

I agree with West Brom in that if they go up at the moment they're the only team who could possibly survive in the Premier League. If Hull, Bristol City or Stoke go up via the play-offs then they've no chance and you'd definitely have to say that their season would be working towards trying to avoid having the lowest points ever in the Premier League - none of the teams have the funds to attract Premier League quality players and their geographical locations aren't exactly screaming out to the WAGs either.

+Quote this post
jonny
post 29th March 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 29 2008, 05:24 PM) *
I agree with West Brom in that if they go up at the moment they're the only team who could possibly survive in the Premier League. If Hull, Bristol City or Stoke go up via the play-offs then they've no chance and you'd definitely have to say that their season would be working towards trying to avoid having the lowest points ever in the Premier League - none of the teams have the funds to attract Premier League quality players and their geographical locations aren't exactly screaming out to the WAGs either.

mad.gif

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 29th March 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #16
Group icon
i'm massive

QUOTE(Jonny @ Mar 29 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Errr well look at say Wiagn a few years ago, they didn't have a fantastic squad or anything and they didn't really struggle in their first season. And they didn't make any big signings really for the next year, yeah they signed a few players but no-one that made a massive difference I don't think, and they did well and now have a good team and are doing quite well. What's to say Hull can't do the same as them? We get more fans every week plus it's all the city is talking about atm. There's no reason that if Hull recruted well in pre season and they kept the players they have now they couldn't stay up next season.

Wigan were bound to do well if you look at the facts. Paul Jewell had taken them from rags to riches [which is why I'm more inclined to think Bristol would be a more viable Prem option] and signed some decent summer signings who were established as household Premiership names. I'm not saying Hull WILL do a Derby as there are always exceptions to the rules in this game but I can't realistically see them doing anything of merit. The odds would certainly be stacked against them..

+Quote this post
jonny
post 29th March 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(Cassidy @ Mar 29 2008, 05:28 PM) *
Wigan were bound to do well if you look at the facts. Paul Jewell had taken them from rags to riches [which is why I'm more inclined to think Bristol would be a more viable Prem option] and signed some decent summer signings who were established as household Premiership names. I'm not saying Hull WILL do a Derby as there are always exceptions to the rules in this game but I can't realistically see them doing anything of merit. The odds would certainly be stacked against them..

Well Phil Brown has done exactly the same with Hull. A few years ago they where fighting for religation in League 2 and now after nearly getting religated last year as well he's done wonders with practically no money. And yeah the chances are that Hull WILL go down next year (if they go up), with not many points and it looking that quite an embarssment but there's also nothing to say they wont have a good season, and stay up. They certainly have the fans behind them to do it, I see no reason if Wigan can do it Hull can't do it tbh.

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 29th March 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #18
Group icon
i'm massive

QUOTE(Jonny @ Mar 29 2008, 05:33 PM) *
Well Phil Brown has done exactly the same with Hull. A few years ago they where fighting for religation in League 2 and now after nearly getting religated last year as well he's done wonders with practically no money. And yeah the chances are that Hull WILL go down next year (if they go up), with not many points and it looking that quite an embarssment but there's also nothing to say they wont have a good season, and stay up. They certainly have the fans behind them to do it, I see no reason if Wigan can do it Hull can't do it tbh.

I'm not saying it's impossible as it's been done so many times before just very unlikely. I know they have a large fanbase and that they're the largest city in England never to have made the topflight. But my understanding is that they are not a team that would survive [due to finances of course] at such a high level of football. Same with Stoke, same with Bristol. As TIP said, the only team that would seemingly survive right now is WBA. And Charlton too if they still have good financial backing..

+Quote this post
jonny
post 29th March 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon

QUOTE(Cassidy @ Mar 29 2008, 05:38 PM) *
I'm not saying it's impossible as it's been done so many times before just very unlikely. I know they have a large fanbase and that they're the largest city in England never to have made the topflight. But my understanding is that they are not a team that would survive [due to finances of course] at such a high level of football. Same with Stoke, same with Bristol. As TIP said, the only team that would seemingly survive right now is WBA. And Charlton too if they still have good financial backing..

Hmm true. The chances are that we'll go straight down after we go up, but I'd like to think that we wouldn't just to be their to make up the numbers. I would like to think we'd have a chance of staying up next year if we recruit well enough, but meh... sad.gif

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 29th March 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

What an amazing two goals from United happy.gif
Ronaldo's first was so cheeky kink.gif Bless him biggrin.gif

+Quote this post