BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Saturday Football Thread
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JamesP
post 29th March 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

Forgot to mention before, derby are officially RELEGATED.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 29th March 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #22
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

QUOTE(Jonny @ Mar 29 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Errr well look at say Wiagn a few years ago, they didn't have a fantastic squad or anything and they didn't really struggle in their first season. And they didn't make any big signings really for the next year, yeah they signed a few players but no-one that made a massive difference I don't think, and they did well and now have a good team and are doing quite well. What's to say Hull can't do the same as them? We get more fans every week plus it's all the city is talking about atm. There's no reason that if Hull recruted well in pre season and they kept the players they have now they couldn't stay up next season.

I think Wigan's squad the other year was far stonger than any current championship squad. The Premier League is also a much tougher division now, only West Brom will be able to give it a real go, but they'd still need to buy a whole new defense.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 29th March 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

QUOTE(JamesP @ Mar 29 2008, 06:57 PM) *
Forgot to mention before, derby are officially RELEGATED.

earlyest relegation from the top flight as well bless them, taking that honor from Leciester lol. Shocking sunderland's two worst points seasons didnt see them relegated earliest hummm. Speaking of sunderland 13th place and 6points clear biggrin.gif

Gretna also relegated today!

Have two teams been relegated from both the EPL and the SPL on the same day before? If so were they the first in each one? and the ones everyone knew would relegated for about 7months beforehand? Too many questions?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th March 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #24
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Chelsea 1-0 Middlesbrough
Tottenham 1-4 Newcastle
Liverpool 1-0 Everton

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 30th March 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #25
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel

Tottenham are the most bizzare team... :|

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 30th March 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286

Chelski were very lucky dry.gif

and rotf.gif at Spurs. Hopefully Ramos can pick things up next season when he has the players he wants and gets rid of the ones he doesn't. Interestingly in the gossip columns it's most English players on the way out laugh.gif including Robinson, Jenas, and Bent.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th March 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #27
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Mar 30 2008, 06:05 PM) *
Tottenham are the most bizzare team... :|

They're so inconsistent at the moment, one day they can be excellent (a la against Chelsea in the Cup final and then in the league) and then the next day they can be as flat as a pancake! I do agree though that he probably has a lot of players that he doesn't want, and they don't fit in his plans at all, but then again Bent seems to be hitting a bit of form now. I still think it was a mistake in letting Defoe go however.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 30th March 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #28
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel

Bizzare as it may sound I think Defoe isn't a good back-up striker. He needs to be playing every week but would never do that at Spurs because he's behind the captain Keane and Berbatov who's a class act...

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 30th March 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

and look at Defoe now, is it 8 in 7 Premier League games?

how he didn't make the cut for the England squad I'll never know. 2 games into Capello's reign and he's seems to be going against what he said about form over reputation and big names sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Josh
post 30th March 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #30
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43

MK DONS 2-0 cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 30th March 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Josh @ Mar 30 2008, 09:07 PM) *
MK DONS 2-0 cheer.gif

wub.gif

MK Dons > England

A team that plays at Wembley with pride kink.gif

+Quote this post
Josh
post 30th March 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #32
Group icon
✌🏻️

QUOTE(Stewie Griffin @ Mar 30 2008, 09:14 PM) *
wub.gif

MK Dons > England

A team that plays at Wembley with pride kink.gif

It was amazing. wub.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Grandwicky
post 30th March 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 49

QUOTE(Stewie Griffin @ Mar 30 2008, 09:02 PM) *
and look at Defoe now, is it 8 in 7 Premier League games?

how he didn't make the cut for the England squad I'll never know. 2 games into Capello's reign and he's seems to be going against what he said about form over reputation and big names sleep.gif

Because he's look at the very basic thing which has been lacking with England, PLAYING AS A TEAM! Just because he's scored a few goals doesn't mean he should automatically be selected, there were too many of the same type of player in that squad so Capello needed to have others so they can player with a Defoe type player, he's blatantly going to be in the next squad anyway if he keeps going so he'll get his chance then.

May I remind this country that we were playing FRANCE you know the World Cup runners up? So we were NEVER going to win and you can't just expect to put some individuals in a team and tell them to play a certain way and be instantly as good as they are for their clubs can you? And what exactly is constantly slagging off the players and slagging off the manager when he's had TWO GAMES going to do? We're not the best team in the world like this country thinks it is and the players do their best and it doesn't always work! I'm sure all these people who say those things are SO consistant at their job! Oh yes ohmy.gif *goes on facebook during work* I bet they're all really fit and determined like footballers but of course it'd involve getting off their fat arse and they might risk losing weight smile.gif

Random rant that doesn't make any sense over

+Quote this post
Grandwicky
post 30th March 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Josh @ Mar 30 2008, 09:07 PM) *
MK DONS 2-0 cheer.gif

I went past their old stadium today tongue.gif Hate them with a passion however for what they did dry.gif

+Quote this post
Josh
post 30th March 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #35
Group icon
✌🏻️

QUOTE(Grandwicky @ Mar 30 2008, 09:27 PM) *
I went past their old stadium today tongue.gif Hate them with a passion however for what they did dry.gif

laugh.gif How dare you. tongue.gif They've really bucked up this season, it's took them 4 years to do so though. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 30th March 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

i could start a riot by mumbling the words

AFC Wimbledon kink.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 30th March 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Grandwicky @ Mar 30 2008, 09:27 PM) *
May I remind this country that we were playing FRANCE you know the World Cup runners up? So we were NEVER going to win and you can't just expect to put some individuals in a team and tell them to play a certain way
Why not? Any team can beat any other team on any given day laugh.gif Ironic it's been David James poleaxing French strikers that has prevented us from beating them twice kink.gif laugh.gif (Anelka's 360 flip wub.gif)

We're not the best team in the world like this country thinks it is and the players do their best and it doesn't always work!
Indeed we haven't been good for years and years. I think sometimes particularly in friendlies and in the 1st half against Andorra they just seem a bit half hearted and lazy at times. Oh look there's Crouch, whack!

I'm sure all these people who say those things are SO consistant at their job!
Well actually yes kink.gif If you want to keep your job (ala Nurses, doctors, surgeons etc.)

I bet they're all really fit and determined like footballers but of course it'd involve getting off their fat arse and they might risk losing weight smile.gif
I ain't fat, I run, and play football so tongue.gif

Loved the rant though tongue.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Grandwicky
post 30th March 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Btw I wasn't calling you fat in case you thought I was rotf.gif I was stereotyping other people laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 31st March 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Grandwicky @ Mar 30 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Btw I wasn't calling you fat in case you thought I was rotf.gif I was stereotyping other people laugh.gif

I know rotf.gif I just had to come up with a response to it like the rest laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DitzyNizzy
post 31st March 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #40
Group icon
To Katy Perry: I shagged a girl. And I loved it.
User: 4,484

QUOTE(martyn @ Mar 29 2008, 09:50 PM) *
and the ones everyone knew would relegated for about 7months beforehand?

And also the two most easiest to predict ones as well.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 01:06 PM