BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Survivor
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 10th March 2022, 02:21 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

American Survivor is back!
Good casting again, I love all the super fans that now get the opportunity to play. Done with the days of hunting people to play this game.

That first episode was a lot tho. I like that it was two hours obviously and we got a lot of content and player development, perhaps one too many stories? I felt at times I was lacking SURVIVOR.
I do however love the connectivity between Season 41 and Season 42. I'd love to see more of the same challenges. It was interesting to see the decision of the two losing tribes doing the puzzle. Both tribes last year chose the physical task, didn't they?

Some left a good impression after the first episode, others didn't leave a mark at all.

Loving: Drea, Jenny, Maryanne, Swati

I did feel back for Jackson and I appreciate him sharing his story, I hope he gets another chance to play.
Jeez, Daniel didn't have very good luck either hey. Popping his shoulder out the first challenge. I think that's going to be a long term liability for him, it looks like his shoulder popped out again at the Immunity Challenge?
I would absolutely climb Jonathan like a tree.

Absolutely not upset Zach went first at all.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 10th March 2022, 02:23 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Also following a Survivor ORG Organizer on Twitter.
I heard Nicole Capper has been playing a few big ones and she gets voted out first everytime laugh.gif

I used to do ORGs when I was like... 16/17 so almost 20 years ago. Dear god. I don't think I'd have it in me to put myself in that situation again laugh.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 10th March 2022, 07:25 PM
Post #83
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

That first episode of Survivor 42 was pretty good! They've done a great job with the casting again. Tori is literally a Katinka doppelganger laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 11th March 2022, 02:05 AM
Post #84
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Tori was giving me Angelina Keeley energy cheeseblock.png My favorite quote from her being when she targeted Rocksroy: "He already built our camp, we don't need him anymore!" Hope she sticks around.

The premiere was good enough, they just don't excite me as much as they used to. All those introductions are a bit much for me but obviously it's nice to get to know everyone. Not sure how I feel yet about how similar this season will be to 41. Also, it seems like the most unathletic cast they've ever had??

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Mar 10 2022, 09:21 AM) *
I do however love the connectivity between Season 41 and Season 42. I'd love to see more of the same challenges. It was interesting to see the decision of the two losing tribes doing the puzzle. Both tribes last year chose the physical task, didn't they?
Yeah, I think they changed it just subtly to make the puzzle more appealing (allowing 2 guesses instead of 1) and the physical one less appealing. I'm kind of amazed both tribes got the puzzle right, but it helps having 4 hours to complete it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 24th March 2022, 01:07 AM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Well wasn’t that an episode full of Survivor firsts.
As much as I liked Jenny, these silly twists are landing a lot better this year.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 24th March 2022, 04:52 PM
Post #86
Group icon
baddest of them all

Agreed! That episode had me on the edge of my seat a bit. Chanelle dug herself a hole there. I'm impressed how Haai clicked on the blindside at tribal and then manage to sway the vote and majority his way.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 31st March 2022, 08:15 PM
Post #87
Group icon
baddest of them all

Yay for legend Tori surviving to fight another day tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th April 2022, 04:54 PM
Post #88
Group icon
baddest of them all

I am loving this season cheer.gif cheer.gif

I hope Chaos Tori can survive a couple more votes. I screamed when she won immunity and then told Jonathan that he must go bc she wants to win more tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th April 2022, 02:42 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I have to agree, this season has been sublime.
The twists have landed much better this season, and I was absolutely for that 2-Hour Episode, good development of a lot of players and of course, the twist that turned everything upside down.

Going into Jury, my list I suppose. But so fluid:

01 Hai
02 Jonathan
03 Tori
04 Omar
05 Drea
06 Lindsay
07 Maryanne
08 Chanelle
09 Rocksroy
10 Romeo
11 Mike

+Quote this post
Riser
post 15th April 2022, 11:42 PM
Post #90
Group icon

Great episode, probably my second favorite behind the one where Jenny went home. Very glad Jonathan and Tori survived the hourglass twist!

Outstanding week for Omar, I started getting winner vibes from Hai too.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 22nd April 2022, 06:31 AM
Post #91
Group icon
baddest of them all

I'm actually finding myself rewatching the episodes this season which I never do.

So many great characters and I'm living for Tori winning clutch immunities back to back. I'm worried for her next episode though with the double elimination - hopefully that twist will shake the majority up a bit, and it's not an easy double boot of Tori/Romeo. If Tori doesn't win immunity, I'm certain she throws Drea under the bus to everyone laugh.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th April 2022, 06:11 PM
Post #92
Group icon
baddest of them all

Tori twist screwed sad.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th April 2022, 06:43 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

That second tribal cry.gif
I was disappointed Tori went home, defiantly not upset Rocksroy went however.
Survivor Facebook is an absolute DUMPSTER FIRE. But yeah, I was blown away with that tribal.

Drea and Hai for F2 for me.

01 Hai
02 Drea
03 Omar
04 Maryanne
05 Jonathan
06 Lindsay
07 Romeo
08 Mike

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 28th April 2022, 06:46 PM

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th April 2022, 07:21 PM
Post #94
Group icon
baddest of them all

That second tribal was v touching. Drea and Maryanne were really brave and inspiring. I was wondering why we were halfway through the episode and tribal already started. The shot in the dark remains useless to date.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 12th May 2022, 01:35 AM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

WOW.
Both twists played out exactly the same, I think it landed very well this year as well. I loooove this. They should film seasons like this back to back more often.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 12th May 2022, 03:27 PM
Post #96
Group icon
baddest of them all

Sad to see Drea go! Loved her. Rooting for Lindsay now. I can see either her or Omar winning, maybe Mike.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 13th May 2022, 03:26 AM
Post #97
Group icon

You'd think it'd be terrible to watch two twists backfire two seasons in a row, but that was incredible! laugh.gif That whole tribal was amazing. Loving the amount of respect for each other's gameplay. Can't wait to find out if Omar will escape another vote or finally be targeted!

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 21st May 2022, 01:21 PM
Post #98
Group icon
baddest of them all

Amazing how the 2 at the bottom and the supposed "goats" managed to get Omar out even without Mike and Jonathan laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th May 2022, 06:42 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

P H E W. Last night was a lot. Hugely emotional, I'm so sad this season is over. What they accomplished in the span of 13 Episodes was beyond phenomenal.
This easily lands in the top tier of Survivor seasons, and by far was the best season we have had in a decade. By far the best season in the last 20 years, if not longer.
For me personally, probably will end up landing in my top 5-10 of any RTV Season ever (joining Masterchef Australia: Back To Win, Big Brother 3 ect.)

The fact that my Top 3 that I posted a few weeks back went back to back to back and I'm still so happy with the outcome is a testament to how strong of a season this was. Survivor has always had very fluid gameplay, but this season was on another level. CBS is leading the charge with RTV Diversity. It feels over the last few years they've found their groove again and this could absolutely be their peak.

The fact we haven't had a Black Female Winner since SEASON 4 is a crime. Mary-Ann's win is absolutely historic, deserved, emotional. I cried all last night and was so happy she won.
Yesterday was also my 35th Birthday. But sharing a birthday with when a historic winner like Maryann is something I will never forget.

The fact we're moving to Season 43 and we are still getting some of the best seasons ever, with the Survivor franchise succeeding globally, shook.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th May 2022, 06:46 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Survivor South Africa: Return of the Outcasts premieres on M-Net (channel 101) on Monday, 18 July, with four episodes per week.

https://www.news24.com/channel/tv/news/surv...ounced-20220526

Four episodes a week?!?

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st June 2024, 10:27 AM