BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mayor of Béziers
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
T83:Y96
post Oct 20 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #1
Group icon
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
User: 21,319
Since becoming mayor of Béziers in 2014, Robert Ménard has violated French law by collecting data of schoolchildren's religion, imposed a curfew to minors, and banned people from hanging washing from balconies.

However, yesterday, he went a step further, by pushing a referendum in his town on whether it should welcome refugees, following the dismantlement of the Calais jungle, despite the opposition of the préfet of the Hérault department. This provoked an outrage in government, and protestors were forced out of the mairie.

Here is a poster he has put up:

"The state imposes them on us... This is it, they're coming... Migrants, in our town center!"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/eu...s-a7358186.html

Yes, 40 people are coming to a town of 72,000 inhabitants! And while Ménard may "compassion for Syrian refugees" (hint: he doesn't), but the people of his town cannot be saddled with 40 more Biterrois!

What a despicable human being, trying to turn Béziers (which is actually a nice town with quite a few things to see if you ignore the fact it has a fascist mayor) into some xeneophobic racist haven.

Any thoughts on this? (And feel free to name any more fascist mayors you can think of).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Oct 20 2016, 10:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
I had no idea that they had a fascist for a mayor. Went through it a few years ago and it seemed lovely, which made it all the more amusing that it's twinned with Stockport.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 20 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I've visited Beziers a few times, mostly to visit a rather nice restaurant there. No doubt our scummy press will be supporting the mayor sick2.gif

+Quote this post
post Oct 20 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #4
Group icon
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 20 2016, 10:42 AM) *
I've visited Beziers a few times, mostly to visit a rather nice restaurant there. No doubt our scummy press will be supporting the mayor sick2.gif

I doubt that. Only British fascist demagogues are worthy in the Daily Mail and Express.

This post has been edited by Taylor Jago: Oct 20 2016, 03:34 PM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 20 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(Taylor Jago @ Oct 20 2016, 04:33 PM) *
I doubt that. Only British fascist demagogues are worthy in the Daily Mail and Express.

The Mail didn't let Hitler's nationality stop them supporting him.

+Quote this post
post Dec 21 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Unsurprisingly, Ménard hasn't wasted a moment to call the Breitscheidplatz Christmas market attack a "direct consequence" of mass immigration (I will point out that the refugee arrested for the attack has since been released, so nobody knows who the driver was, or whether he was an asylum seeker anyway), calling the wave of migrants "a wave of death".

Of course, the likes of Le Pen weren't any better, but this is just despicable.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:10 PM