BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Future X Metro Boomin - WE DON'T TRUST YOU, Collaborative Album | 22/3/24
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Y'all Starlight
post 28th April 2023, 09:33 AM
Post #1
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Pronouns: he/him
User: 153,406

Since the release of his majorly successful album 'Heroes & Villains' last December, US producer Metro Boomin has been teasing some collaborative albums. So far he has teased that he is working on albums with Don Toliver, J.I.D. & Future. Personally, I'd love to hear the J.I.D. one first, J.I.D. is really at the top of his game right now.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 28th April 2023, 05:12 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I think there's a history of Metro Boomin collab albums that were teased but then never released - really hope the J.I.D one does materialise though, that combo should be great. (Not sure if they have ever worked together before?)

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 5th August 2023, 09:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

A lot of teasing for the JID record has been going on for the past few months.... But there is a new development concerning the collaborative Future record.

A couple of days ago Metro said he was going to shoot the album cover for the record this Sunday...

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 9th March 2024, 09:40 AM
Post #4
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

The collaborative album with Future is finally coming! It's titled 'We Don't Trust You' and it'll be out in under two weeks cheer.gif If this is anywhere as good as 'Savage Mode II' or 'Heroes & Villains' then i'll be happy x

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th March 2024, 01:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

They apparently also have a 2nd album dropping on 12th April (rumoured to be called 'We Still Don't Trust You'). Kinda iconic to name an album (or two) after that one Metro producer tag x

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 9th March 2024, 09:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

QUOTE(Brer @ Mar 9 2024, 01:07 PM) *
They apparently also have a 2nd album dropping on 12th April (rumoured to be called 'We Still Don't Trust You'). Kinda iconic to name an album (or two) after that one Metro producer tag x

Oh wow! I assume more will be revealed after their headlining set at Rolling Loud next week...

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 22nd March 2024, 07:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

The album is OUT NOW!!! I haven't listened to the album yet but it's been getting a pretty positive reception thus far, hype!

And... The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Rick Ross, Playboi Carti & Kendrick Lamar are featured cheer.gif The latter has also dissed Drake + J. Cole after Cole's big 3 line in Drake's 'First Person Shooter' where Cole basically says that Drake + J. Cole + Kendrick are the three best rappers in the game. It seems like the Drake x Future Love affair is over laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 25th March 2024, 07:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

It seems that 'Like That' (the Drake x J. Cole diss) will be the hit from this album, absolutely no complaints tho cheer.gif The song is headed straight into the top 10 here in the UK this week and it seems like a surefire #1 debut over in the US (I think there's a 130 point margin between 'Like That' and the #2 for next week, crazy numbers).

I am really enjoying the album right now! Metro certainly isn't enabling all of his diverse production skills on this project but he is showing that he can still make a banging trap beat in 2024 biggrin.gif Future is probably better than he has ever been lyrically here, not too many questionable lyrics laugh.gif The flaws of the album for me tend to be credited to repetitiveness more than anything else, I think the album would've worked much better as a 11-12 track record rather than a 17 track one. The features are great tho, especially Kendrick, Rick Ross, The Weeknd and Travis (poor Carti being the only one left out). Overall, not as good as 'HEROES & VILLAINS' but it probably is the best album Future has ever released. The main highlights for me were: 'Young Metro', 'Like That', 'Cinderella' & 'Everyday Hustle' wub.gif There wasn't anything on this album that stood out as particularly bad but there are a few weak points ('Magic Don Juan (Princess Diana)' & 'GTA' for me).

The album looks likely to debut at #2 in the UK but there is a slim chance that 'WE DON'T TRUST YOU' could overtake Elbow's latest album by the end of the week!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 26th March 2024, 04:53 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

I listened to this the other day and found it a real slog to sit through. This is probably the 5th(?) project I've listened to from Metro Boomin and, while I like the 21 Savage ones, I haven't been massively impressed by any of them. Future has the odd moment of brilliance but his flow means that everything just blends into one another in this album. I think Rick Ross had the best verse on the whole project tbh.

The only track I could see myself going back to was 'Runnin Outta Time'. That one had a bit of life to it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:25 AM