BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Beyoncé - COWBOY CARTER, 8th studio album • 29/03/24
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sour Candy
post 28th March 2024, 07:29 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Or maybe Bey is on Gaga's album?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 28th March 2024, 07:36 PM
Post #82
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

If there is a rock album and Gagz is on that, then I am even more here for it!

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 28th March 2024, 07:45 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

The whiplash the little Texas Hold'ems are going to get listening to this album nnn

(Bodyguard sounds like a massive hit though)

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 28th March 2024, 10:08 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

This is another fantastic album, but we don't expect anything less from her.
Having listened around four times so far today, here are my track by track thoughts...

09.5 - American Requiiem (what a song to start from... the build, the vocals, the rock elements. YES)
08.0 - Blackbird (a beautiful Beatles cover, but should be later in album? Feels weird as second track)
10.0 - 16 Carriages (still PERFECT)
08.0 - Protector (beautifully melodic - don't love the chorus' lyrics though)
08.0 - My Rose
07.0 - Texas Hold 'Em (bored of this quickly, sorry Bey)
08.5 - Bodyguard (very Fleetwood Mac... will sound incredible in summer. Wish the guitars at end came in earlier)
09.5 - Jolene (this just WORKS - the lyric changes are chef kiss)
10.0 - Daughter (the operatic vocals, the Spanish guitar. I am sorry, THIS IS INCREDIBLE)
06.0 - Spaghettii (I am so confused at why this is here??? I love Rap-Bey and it is not bad but it kills the mood for me!)
07.0 - Alliigator Tears (not bad per se, but seems most unneccessary so far?)
08.5 - Just For Fun (was not expecting a ballad from the name of the song - the second half is beautiful)
09.0 - II Most Wanted (Miley sounds absolutely insane!!)
08.5 - Levii's Jeans (hate Post Malone but he works on this? Love the laidback vibe)
07.5 - Flamenco (more of an interlude, lovely but inconsequential?)
10.0 - Ya Ya (the BEST song along with 16 Carriages - giving updated 'Suga Mama', this is for the B'Day girlies)
06.0 - Oh Louisiana (another interlude which doesn't massively add anything?)
07.0 - Desert Eagle (lovely funky vibe, but think these interludes are only okay... they don't really add to the transitions so just make tracklist longer)
07.0 - Riiverdance (is that a Kelly Rowland - Commander interpolation? Think this will grow, but feels like it drags for me)
08.0 - II Hands II Heaven (reminds me of 'Love Drought' from Lemonade? Lovely)
08.5 - Tyrant (love everything about this apart from the production breakdown which sounds cheap)
06.0 - Sweet Honey Buckin' (people loving this one, but I don't get it... I am finding it annoying as hell, giving country version of 'My House')
08.0 - Amen (lovely way to end)

I would say that there are some songs that need to grow, and personally as I hate long albums, I would have cut 5/6 songs to get it down to the hour mark. I also think the quality of some of the tracks second half, is not as strong as the first half. I have to admit this is the first Beyonce album in maybe 15 years where I think it could have done with a little more editing and curating. But it is such a visionary album, and she achieves everything she set out to here.

It won't beat Act I or even 'Beyonce' or 'Lemonade' for me but it is another triumph, let's be real.

This post has been edited by Davidson: 28th March 2024, 10:10 PM

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 28th March 2024, 11:33 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

Out an hour early on iTunes in the UK

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th March 2024, 12:10 AM
Post #86
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Bodyguard is f***ing incredible omfg

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 29th March 2024, 12:17 AM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

Had a visceral reaction to that clicking sound in the left side of my headphones all throughout Blackbiird… never listening to it again! Which is a shame because it’s a good song, but who is responsible for that clicking mad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 29th March 2024, 01:23 AM
Post #88
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

First listen (except THE & 16C ofc) ratings:

10.0 AMERIICAN REQUIEM > This was getting better and better as it went on. SO good! Bey knows how to open an album! <
06.0 BLACKBIIRD (feat. Tanner Adell) > I'm not too big on this in any form I've heard it. This is a nice enough version though I guess. <
09.0 16 CARRIAGES > This got overshadowed by THE but it's really stunning. I hope it can get the rightful recognition it deserves at some point. <
07.0 PROTECTOR
06.5 MY ROSE
----- SMOKE HOUR ★ WILLIE NELSON
09.0 TEXAS HOLD 'EM > This is such a bop. But I'd be lying if I didn't say Tik Tok is killing this song off for me lmao. <
10.0 BODYGUARD > OHHHH This might be THE ONE! <
----- DOLLY P
07.0 JOLENE > Not crazy about this tbh. I find it quite whiny tbh! <
08.5 DAUGHTER > I think this will be the biggest grower. I expected a bit more as this was one of the initial favourites by quite a few people I saw on socials. It's very VERY good. The operatic vocals *.* <
07.0 SPAGHETTII (feat. Shaboozey)
07.0 ALLIGATOR TEARS
----- SMOKE HOUR II
08.0 JUST FOR FUN > This is lovely! I think it could be the most underrated on the album. <
09.0 II MOST WANTED (feat. Miley Cyrus) > Yeahhh the way Bey sings "SHOTgun" throws me off and doesn't suit the vibe of the song, imo. Other than that, I think their voices compliment each other very well! Miley particularly sounds incred. <
08.5 LEVII'S JEANS (feat. Post Malone) > This is a smooth, sensual bop! I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I actually do... omg. <
07.5 FLAMENCO
----- THE LINDA MARTELL SHOW
10.0 YA YA > THIS IS A LOT OF FUN! YESSSS! This is pretty much the country counterpart to 'Summer Renaissance'! I'M LIVING FOR IT!<
----- OH LOUISIANA > My favourite of the interludes! But that's because it plays more as an exitlude to 'YA YA'... <
----- DESERT EAGLE
07.0 RIIVERDANCE > It's fine. I like elements but it kinda feels incomplete a bit to me? <
08.0 II HANDS II HEAVEN > This starts off better than it ends where it feels like it outstays its welcome a little bit, but I like it (and don't particularly dislike the last 2 mins or so) <
08.0 TYRANT > A bop! Will be a grower I think! <
07.5 SWEET ★ HONEY ★ BUCKIN' > Oh... I was absolutely LOVING (presumably) the SWEET part. Like, it was legit going on to be one of my absolute favourites on the album! LMAO. Not sure it deserved to be in a song that switches into a bit of an over produced mess somewhat. But I don't hate it. Maybe I'll just need it to settle a bit more! So many people are saying this is the highlight but I can't say the same for me personally! <
07.0 AMEN > Nice enough ending but not really one I will care about away from the album. <

Another strong album from her. I think I preferred 'RENAISSANCE' more on initial listen, but we'll see how this grows with me. It's not as country as you'd probably think. It's a really solid and nice album. 'BODYGUARD', 'AMERIICAN REQUIEM' & 'YA YA' are my initial favourites. Probably in that order, but I just know 'YA YA' will overtake and likely become my overall favourite.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 29th March 2024, 04:23 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

AMERIICAN REQUIEM: what a start, I just wanted this track to go on and on.

BODYGUARD: must be a single.

DAUGHTER: sensational and out of this world I am GAGGED.

JUST FOR FUN: would have been better without the collaboration if I’m being honest.

II MOST WANTED: must be a single.

LEVII’S JEANS: so rich and luscious, this collaboration works!

FLAMENCO: 10-minute version WHEN!? Criminally short.

RIVVERDANCE: smash and the transition into II HANDS II HEAVEN - wow. I’m claiming II HANDS II HEAVEN as my song.

TYRANT: oh- I hear a smash, I can see this being EVERYWHERE.

Top Four On First Listen: AMERIICAN REQUIEM, BODYGUARD, DAUGHTER, II HANDS II HEAVEN

This does feel like a second act as well, so many nods to RENAISSANCE while being able to stand out on its own. LOOK AT THAT HORSE!

16 CARRIAGES and TEXAS HOLD EM sound like they have a beefier mix on the album, or is that just me?

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 29th March 2024, 05:36 AM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 29th March 2024, 05:29 AM
Post #90
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

why do I hear Taylor Swift in Bodyguard 👀 👀 👀

+Quote this post
Rough_edges
post 29th March 2024, 06:15 AM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 147,987

This is absolutely sensational and I thought Texas Hold Em was very cringe textbook country dictionary, lyric wise. This album is one of the best put together pieces of art ever. In awe actually, hands down to Beyonce, finally living up to the hype

+Quote this post
Rough_edges
post 29th March 2024, 06:42 AM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 147,987

Bodyguard is a MOMENT by far best on the album, number one for 4 months please.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 29th March 2024, 10:03 AM
Post #93
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Only listened once but pretty certain this is yet another masterpiece after Pt I. The progression over her career is really something else

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 29th March 2024, 10:57 AM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Bodyguard and Jolene are IT! What a bops

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 29th March 2024, 11:46 AM
Post #95
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

On first listen I liked Bodyguard, nothing else stuck out, I don’t get what I’m missing with Beyoncé that everyone else sees?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 29th March 2024, 12:08 PM
Post #96
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

QUOTE(Simon. @ Mar 29 2024, 11:46 AM) *
On first listen I liked Bodyguard, nothing else stuck out, I don’t get what I’m missing with Beyoncé that everyone else sees?

I’ve pretty much always felt like this with her. I can’t fault her vocals or her abilities as a live act. It’s just her actual material itself pretty much largely does absolutely nothing for me. I am inclined to give this one a go based on me being partial to country and some of the clips I’ve heard have intrigued me.

This post has been edited by Jordanlee: 29th March 2024, 12:11 PM

+Quote this post
John-James
post 29th March 2024, 12:11 PM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665

QUOTE(Simon. @ Mar 29 2024, 11:46 AM) *

I agree. I always give her a chance but I just don’t think it’s for me unfortunately

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 29th March 2024, 12:13 PM
Post #98
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I’ve ended up cutting Protector, My Rose, Alligator Tears and Flamenco. None of them are bad as such but they don’t hold my interest like the rest and I just think the album works better without them.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 29th March 2024, 12:22 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

This does nothing for me, not really my thing
I miss pure pop Beyonce of the early days

+Quote this post
conorw
post 29th March 2024, 01:18 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 137,667

i'm just relistening to it now, but from my first listen jolene & levii's jeans are highlights. bodyguard is also amazing, i am convinced its taylor on backing vocals cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:58 AM