BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What is the worst entry you ever sent?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 8th April 2021, 02:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Another hour, another thread.

Are there any entries of your own that you really regret, now dislike, or think are fine but simply have no desire to ever hear again. Doesn't have to be a flop, could even be a big hit! And what led you to send these songs in the first place?

I actually have very few of these, I tend to get quite obsessed with my entries and have them all on a long playlist, which is mostly unskippable. However there are a few that - even though I don't necessarily dislike them, they really don't sound that great now:

Her Majesty & The Wolves - Stars in Your Eyes

This came 7th in late 2010. It's fine but didn't make my end of year top 100 and sounds so generic and cheap now, very much tapping into the overexposed 'club banger' sound of the time. I suspect it was an incredibly dry month for potentials, because looking at my personal chart of the time it was full of songs that obviously wouldn't have got through the veto (Le Kid), stuff I would have never sent myself (like Tone Damli - she was very much Phil and Jerick's artist) and chart stuff like Take That and Rihanna.

Sanne Salomonsen - Du & Jeg

Summer 2013 and my first DNQ in over four years. I still quite like this track but it does have DNQ written all over it, standard pop-rock by an aging Danish diva, sung in her native language. I remember I first heard this while sitting in McDonald's in Copenhagen so I guess it sounded better in that context, but certainly not good enough to ruin my long streak of qualifications! It's not even on YouTube anymore.

Paper Route - You and I

A DNQ in 2015, I never return to this at all. It's nice enough looking back but sounds a bit try-hard radio rock with Train style vocals. I can't remember what I found so special about it at the time so I guess it was a quiet month for potentials.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 8th April 2021, 02:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 8 2021, 03:12 PM) *
Another hour, another thread.

Don’t worry, you’re making all my recent threads look better! tongue.gif

I will of course give a proper response to this and any other related gooddelta threads a bit later on! happy.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 8th April 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Example's 'Dirty Face'. I'd just seen Example live and thought this seemed like a good idea but I don't even think it's a particularly good song listening back.

HUGE misfire for my taste.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th April 2021, 02:33 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Muhsinah - Luv w Luv from BJSC 77. I was planning to send Koven - Get This Right but had sad family circumstances at the time, so BJSC had to take the back seat, I knew it was in Altyr's potential list too and they got there first, so I sent this as a last minute back-up. I don't think a flop totally warps my perception, as I still love most of my DNQs, but this was a pretty poor replacement choice from me, definitely the entry of mine I least go back to.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 8th April 2021, 02:33 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Definitely my second one - I think it was by Human Nature(?) but I can't recall what it even was now. It wasn't even a song I liked but I was trying to find something that I thought others on Buzzjack would like rather than just sending something I was actually liking. It sort of worked as it finished top 10 from what I recall but I never repeated that tactic as not even I cared about where it ended up laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 8th April 2021, 02:55 PM
Post #6
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I genuinely have no idea what I was thinking with this, I must have been quite busy at the time so didn't put a lot of thought into it, but I have no idea how I thought a slow reggae-esque song would be right to send, time has not made this any clearer! (I do like to pretend I actually debuted in 2013 x)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 8th April 2021, 03:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I stand behind every single one of my entries with one exception

+Quote this post
LexC
post 8th April 2021, 03:09 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Oh we could probably be here all night but some of my "finest moments" would be Spice - Romantic Mood (I had it in my head that dancehall could be an untapped market in BJSC if it was performed by some kind of "diva" and, well, look where that ended up!)

And to anyone who dares suggest that I should have gone with "Get Down" I can tell you that, on that occasion, I regret nothing!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 8th April 2021, 03:29 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

This isn't remotely bad but back when I was just sending novelty entries when I first joined BJSC

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 8th April 2021, 03:35 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Generik - Late At Night

Back when I was struggling to get out of bottom 10 final territory and it deservedly flopped (despite some dance people pointing it). Just a pointless entry all round really.

This post has been edited by Rob S: 8th April 2021, 03:37 PM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 8th April 2021, 03:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

easy

I don't even like Echosmith! Well that's a bit sensational, it's not that I dislike them it's just that they're a cookie-cutter pop band that I've found no reason to return to in about 7 years and even when I entered this I was getting sorta tired of it.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 8th April 2021, 04:31 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Difficult one. I still wholeheartedly back Royce Lovett and The Isles, and whilst I still have a soft spot for the below it wasn't really BJSC material:

I sent it hoping it might get some ironic points for sheer randomness and the long list of featured entries. It got... one.

Beyond that there are a range of quite bland songs that I don't really go back to (Hallo Leben / OHEY - Remember / culpriit - Driveway / Gavin James - Glow) but I could rreally single any of them out as being 'worse' than any of the others.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 8th April 2021, 04:35 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

I still love every song I've sent so my answer would be there isn't one.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 8th April 2021, 04:53 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

When I listen back to my entries, one of my worst entries I sent was this one by M4SONIC & YDG which DNQ’d, finishing 33rd in my Semi Final of BJSC 95. I don’t find it in the least bit appealing now, and I don’t know what caused me to choose it at the time when I’m sure I had plenty of other options.

This post has been edited by awardinary: 8th April 2021, 04:55 PM

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 8th April 2021, 04:59 PM
Post #15
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

I think the biggest discovery of this thread is finding out what people consider their worst are probably... not LOL pirate.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 8th April 2021, 07:09 PM
Post #16
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

There was like a period of time where the entries I sent were just... not me. Like I'd still like them but they really weren't me. These were probably the best examples of that:

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 8th April 2021, 07:09 PM
Post #17
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

I don't regret any of my entries, I only ever send a song if it's one I really enjoy. Every entry of mine had been a top 10 hit for the first couple of years so it's become my unwritten rule to only send songs that are worthy of a top 10 peak in my chart.

My least favourite of my entries is this one. It did perfectly well, qualifying, but it's just quite generic. I enjoy it but it's not a standout entry of mine and I actually prefer the two previous Sharon BJSC entries from others over my own laugh.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 8th April 2021, 07:20 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

I have no words. Worth the 5 measly points it got tbh (age restricted video too good lord)

+Quote this post
danG
post 8th April 2021, 07:26 PM
Post #19
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

quite easily this one is our least fave in hindsight, trashy even by Danaelanda 2012 standards.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 8th April 2021, 07:33 PM
Post #20
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

I enjoy most of my entries and don't regret sending any of them as they fitted Hushkanukia at the time. Although, I imagine Bre and Dan think most of my entries are amongst the worst in the history of the contest! laugh.gif I think looking back, in terms of commercial appeal, I would probably say Bre's favourite:

Not even bad (soz haters), just very cheesy and maybe too bubblegum for bjsc?

From my own personal taste, probably this too:

Thank goodness they redeemed themselves with Spaceship!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:57 AM