BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Hayley Williams - FLOWERS for VASES / descansos, Second album out 5/2/21
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 9th February 2021, 04:04 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I think Petals For Armor has higher highs (it'll take a lot to top 'Over Yet') but I think I actually prefer this as an entire album ohmy.gif I just played them both back to back and felt more gripped throughout, idk, I guess it feels more focused.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 9th February 2021, 06:47 PM
Post #22
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Hayley said she wrote flowers as a kind of detour between parts one and two of petals, it would be interesting to listen to it that way to see how it fits together

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd February 2021, 02:41 AM
Post #23
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 9 2021, 04:04 PM) *
I think Petals For Armor has higher highs (it'll take a lot to top 'Over Yet') but I think I actually prefer this as an entire album ohmy.gif I just played them both back to back and felt more gripped throughout, idk, I guess it feels more focused.

Agreeing with this entirely - I think this album is way more cohesive, in a way this kind of feels more like her proper debut album to me than 'Petals For Armor' did (I know I keep banging on about it but the release strategy of that made it feel more like just a collection of singles bundled with some bonus tracks than a single focused body of work).

There are a couple of songs I think this album could have done without (including 'Find Me Here' which is probably my least favourite song on the entire album so god knows why that was the one she saw fit to release ahead of the album laugh.gif + I didn't really get much from 'Over Those Hills' and 'HYD' although I am seeing a lot of love for the former on Reddit) but far more highlights than lowlights - 'KYRH' and 'Asystole' are definitely the two biggest standouts there for me (also agreeing with you - 'Asystole' was actually my fave on first listen but 'KYRH' has jumped ahead after revisiting my highlights) and also really liking 'My Limb' (reminds me a lot of the style of her first couple of solo singles so makes sense to have been the 'single' from this), 'Inordinary' (this one has already grown a lot with a second listen - really liking the trippy vocal effect on parts of both this and 'KYRH'), 'Trigger', 'No Use I Just Do' (this one really should have been at least a minute longer tho :'() and 'Wait On' heart.gif The back-to-back of 'Descansos' and 'Just A Lover' work great as a closer for the album too although neither are necessarily ones I'd go back to individually.

The instrumentals of 'Trigger' and 'Wait On' sound like pony riding music xx

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 25th April 2021, 09:46 AM
Post #24
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Her cover of Broadcast's 'Colour Me In' was officially released on Friday:

+Quote this post